PDA

View Full Version : Help stop my Lego addiction!

cilantromapuche
04-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Seriously, I am a junkie. DH doesn't get Lego, but I loved playing as a kid and had a great time with my brother growing up. DS (and DD to an extent, but she is only 3) LOVES them and I have no problem buying them for him ALL THE TIME. I also like that he focuses on one toy, so they all go into a huge bin under his bed or displayed on his shelves. We (I mean he) plays with them everyday for hours. The kids play together. I find myself wondering why didn't I buy Lego before my kids were born (I missed out on Harry Potter Lego! Viking Lego! better girl Lego sets!)? Does anyone else have an addiction to their kids toys?

c

Corie
04-21-2010, 08:02 AM
My husband shares your Lego addiction!!

TwoBees
04-21-2010, 08:19 AM
I love LEGOs. My mom has ALL of my old LEGOs and my brother's too...she's saving it for my DD. DH totally doesn't get it, but DD will have tons of LEGOs when she is old enough, I'll make sure of that. I drool every time I walk by the LEGO stores. I love looking at the user-created sets...and the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, etc. These didn't exist when I was a kid!

Pennylane
04-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Wish I could help but I am also addicted! My ds is only 5 and I just bought all the new Toy Story legos and can't wait to put them together. My ds loves to play with them thankfully :)

Ann

fortato
04-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Hooked here too. But DH is as hooked as I am. I just wish I had more places to display the finished sets.

connor_mommy
04-22-2010, 01:45 AM
I share your Lego addiction! Especially when I see a good deal or I know something is only seasonal, I tend to stock up! Half of my gift closet is filled with Legos for the boys and for party favors. The boys received a lot of Legos this past Christmas. It's crazy! I have Legos everywhere...some displayes, some to be put back together and the free play stuff!

cilantromapuche
04-22-2010, 07:18 AM
DS is starting to realize that sets only come out for a while and then they don't sell them anymore. I had bought him a batman set before he played with lego and he said the other day he wanted some more batman sets. Now he REALLY wants the death star and is scared they won't sell it anymore.
I wish I had the Lego from my youth. I am keeping these for my posterity. That justifies any amount of $$$ I spend, right?
I did buy the medieval village for myself, it is darling! I wish they had better girl lego. the girl set is SCARY!

Seitvonzu
04-22-2010, 08:26 AM
i'm not addicted to lego, but i've ALWAYS loved playmobil. we put out the advent calendar and nativity set this christmas even though DD was not even 2 yet. she LOVED IT :) i have bought a few more things and would LOVE to go hog wild on the whole egyptian collection.... i simply can't justify it to myself.

they have a lego eiffel tower? (my child is OBSESSED with madeline and the eiffel tower)

taj mahal? oy.

i'm better not knowing these things!!!!

the other toy addiction i have is play food-- -i'm a nut for it. serious nut. my child would be fine with a couple fruits, her cake decorating set and the eggs she has-- but i'm OBSESSED with having just about everything out there. it's an illness. :):)