PDA

View Full Version : ISO Egg and peanut free snack ideas

JTsMom
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Somehow, I ended up the "team mom" for T-ball. I'm supposed to be in charge of snacks/drinks. Lucky for me, several other moms were standing around when I got assigned this job, and immediately offered to take one week each. I probably only need to worry about my own week, but I figure I'll buy something that I can keep in the car just in case someone forgets, or buys something unsafe, since it was all spur of the moment, and nobody wrote anything down.

Dad of the child w/the allergies rec'd Rice Krispie Treats, but I'd appreciate some healthier ideas. Shelf stable is a must since I need to keep it in the car.

mom2ethan
04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Pretzels
Fruit leather
Goldfish
Raisins
Popcorn

ETA- I'd definitely check the labels to be sure but these popped to mind as egg and peanut free.

almostamom
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I can help with some nut-free snacks off the top of my head, but I'm not sure about egg in any of them as DS isn't allergic to eggs. Based on what's in my pantry (and some of these might not be as healthy as you'd like):

Mrs. May's freeze dried fruit chips (individual bags of apples, strawberries, and pears) at Costco

Simply Fruit Roll Ups (wildberry and strawberry flavors) at Costco

Veggie Staws (I don't know if these come in individual bags though) at Costco

Cheez-Its

Breadsticks and Cheese

HTH,
Linda

sariana
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Brother's All-Natural Fruit Crisps.

Sun Chips?

Not the healthiest snack, but fruit gummies are popular and keep well. And it is supposed to be a treat, right?

sariana
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Veggie Staws (I don't know if these come in individual bags though) at Costco

Our Costco has individual bags, but they are not all the same. Some are chips instead of straws, and some are flavored (garlic and something else, I think).

almostamom
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Pretzels
Fruit leather
Goldfish
Raisins

I know that there are quite a few brands of pretzels and raisins that are cross-contaminated with nuts (Snyder's Pretzels, for example). For my DS, those have to be avoided as well.

Linda

ETA: FWIW, as the mom of the kid on the team with the food allergies, I always make sure I have a safe snack for him in my bag just in case, but I defnitely appreciate those who try to make sure the snacks are safe for him.

lil_acorn
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
rice crispy treats
fresh fruit
cheetos
sun chps
pretzels
goldfish
smart pop popcorn
graham crackers
oreos

JBaxter
04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
GoGo Squeez appleapple, Applesauce on the Go, 3.2-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 48)

http://www.amazon.com/GoGo-appleapple-Applesauce-3-2-Ounce-Pouches/dp/B002E0S4UW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1271958643&sr=8-1

If you do the subscribe & save it makes 48/ 25.48

lablover
04-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Came across a list that can be used as a guide. Always check the label as ingredients and warnings can change at any time.

http://www.snacksafely.com/

DrSally
04-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Florida's natural fruit snacks are made in a nut free facility and don't have eggs. They have juice in them, so mildly more healthy. Teddy Grahams, Annie's whole wheat or cheddar crackers, nutrigrain cereal bars.

JTsMom
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Thank you! :)

bubbaray
04-23-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm helping coach DD#1's soccer team. The other coach and I asked the parents to bring half-time snacks for games. We asked for fruit, specifically oranges (cut up) and another fruit of their/kids choice. The past 2 weeks, we've had oranges and cantalope. The kids bring water to practices and games. To practices they bring their own snacks.

I would strongly encourage you to take fruit and not anything else. JMHO. I've been on many many sports teams over the years. Eating anything other than fruit at half-time is a recipe for disaster. The only time I've ever eaten anything more than fruit is at a day-long tournament or track meet. Even then, you have to be really careful what you eat.