PDA

View Full Version : I know 4 tests can't be wrong...

firstbaby
04-22-2010, 04:23 PM
so I get I'm not pregnant. I just wish AF would get here, get it over with, and I could move on in disappointment. We've been trying for months, it's not happening and now I am just ready to deal with it this month rather than crying for the day on the first day. Grrr...

JTsMom
04-22-2010, 04:50 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry.

kellyd
04-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm so sorry! Depending on how late you are you could call your OB about a provera script? They'll most likely run a blood test first and then provera could take up to 10 days to get AF started. I know how frustrating month in and out BFN's are!

Andi98989
04-22-2010, 05:37 PM
If AF doesn't show soon, I would call your OB. I have a friend who has all sorts of reproductive issues and was having trouble getting pregnant. They'd been trying and trying, charting, etc... HPT after HPT came up negative. Long story short, it turned out she was pregnant. They don't know why the tests at home didn't come up positive, and even her first at the office was pretty faint. In the span of 30 minutes she went from not knowing she was pregnant to finding out she was having a boy. He and mom turned out just fine.

So ... while it is probably a remote possibility, I would definitely call your OB if AF doesn't show up soon.

fortato
04-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Huge big giant hugs.
I was there not too long ago. It will happen. Your baby is coming.

catroddick
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
:hug: Hang in there!

hillview
04-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Hugs. BTDT. So sorry. Sending you a twisty straw!
/hillary

LMPC
04-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Lots and lots of :hug:
I have totally BTDT and it is not fun -- I remember the complete rollercoaster of emotions! Do something nice for yourself tonight. And know that we are all thinking about you!

boogiemomz
04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
:hug: so sorry you're going through this, i know it's so discouraging. if AF is irregular, you could ask your OB about cyclic progesterone. my periods were always super-irregular (anywhere from every 2 to every 6 months), and i started taking cyclic progesterone (daily for 2 weeks starting 5 days after your period, then stop and AF comes when the body senses the fall in progesterone). i was SHOCKED when we got pregnant on our second month. this may not be the answer for you but thought i'd mention it. hang in there!

twowhat?
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry:( If it makes you feel any better, it took us 10 months to get pregnant, and neither of us had any known issues.

catpagmo
04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
I remember going through it, too. No known issues here, either, and it took me 10 months of religious charting, etc to get preg with DD, and it took one year of the same charting, etc with DS. It's so frustrating, but hang in there. :hug:

jal
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
I hope you've kept up the baby dance. A late AF is most typically caused by late ovulation. So until she actually appears, there is always a chance.

While there MIGHT be a slim chance you're one of those women for whom the pee sticks just don't work, the odds are against it. More likely an AF who has decided to be irregular.

But still, until she arrives, there is always the chance.

JoyNChrist
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry. IF sucks. :hug:

brgnmom
04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I hope you've kept up the baby dance. A late AF is most typically caused by late ovulation. So until she actually appears, there is always a chance.

While there MIGHT be a slim chance you're one of those women for whom the pee sticks just don't work, the odds are against it. More likely an AF who has decided to be irregular.

But still, until she arrives, there is always the chance.

:yeahthat: this is how I believe I got pregnant the 2nd time around and I'm almost at the 2nd trimester now. My period was late and I think that I ovulated later than expected and it happened to fall around one of our anniversaries. In terms of home pregnancy tests, the cvs brand one gave a false negative, while the fast response one was right on. I recommend the latter if you re-test in the near future.

DrSally
04-23-2010, 08:32 PM
........Sorry :(

firstbaby
04-24-2010, 04:25 PM
AF came to visit today. Now I can just move on. I want another babe so badly, but the disappointment is really making me sad. I think we'll try for a couple of more months and then accept that our family is complete. Thanks for listening.