PDA

View Full Version : P and PT Needed.. CT Scan..UPDATE in Original Post

lcarlson90
04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I just wanted to thank you guys for your positive thoughts. I finally heard from the doctor today and it's a bit of good news/bad news. The CT of my chest came back clear, which is a really good thing. But they did note more than one enlarged lymph node in the neck CT. My next step is to see an ENT and decide if we biopsy one of the nodes. I am a bit relieved because a mass in my chest would have been a definite Cancer diagnosis. The lymph nodes in my neck could be caused by something other than Cancer and that is my hope right now.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Since DS was born 21 months ago I have been having mild night sweats. I saw my doctor about it last February and he ran some blood tests. One of the screening tests for Lupus came back positive so they sent me to a Rhuematologist for additional tests. All of those tests came back negative so the doctor pretty much ruled out Lupus and kind of brushed me off.

Fast forward to last summer when I started experiencing mild chest tightness/pressure that comes and goes. I went back to the doctor (different doctor) and he tried to brush it off as heartburn even though I knew it wasn't heartburn. Of course when I started having all of these systems I googled them and the thing that keeps coming up over and over is Lymphoma.

I finally went back to my doctor last week and he ran more blood tests (all normal) and yesterday I went for a CT scan of my chest and neck. I should get the results either today or Monday. I am so scared. For the last year I have convinced myself that I have Cancer but actually hearing it is something completely different. All I can think about right now is my two little boys and the thought of not being able to see them grow up breaks my heart.

Please pray for me that this is something other than Cancer.

TwoBees
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
:hug: It could be nothing. I have had extreme night sweats for years now--soaking sweat that soaks the sheets, my PJs, and drips down ,my legs (pleasant, huh), and no one can find anything wrong with me. It seems related to my monthly cycle, so it could be a result of the hormone changes after you had your son. GL and stay positive!

LMPC
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM
ITA with TwoBees -- try to stay positive. This might be absolutely nothing or at least something a lot less scary than cancer! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!!

TwoBees
04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Another thought--have you been tested for an endocrine/thyroid disorder or TB?

lablover
04-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Thyroid disorder came to my mind too.

Sillygirl
04-23-2010, 11:48 AM
It honestly seems pretty unlikely that you've had a cancer sitting around untreated for a whole year and all it's given you is night sweats and some vague chest pains. Hope you make it through the wait for results without too much stress.

LarsMal
04-23-2010, 11:51 AM
It honestly seems pretty unlikely that you've had a cancer sitting around untreated for a whole year and all it's given you is night sweats and some vague chest pains. Hope you make it through the wait for results without too much stress.

I was thinking that, too.

OP- I hope everything turns out okay. Keep us posted. :hug:

lcarlson90
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Another thought--have you been tested for an endocrine/thyroid disorder or TB?

I know I don't have TB because I was just tested for work (I work for a school district). I had a full CBC done and my doctor didn't say anything about my Thyroid. He did mention that if the CT came back negative that he was going to refer me to an endocrinologist.

I know it would seem unlikely that I have Cancer since I have had these symptoms for so long, but I have read so many stories from Lymphoma patients and a lot of them had symptoms for years before diagnosis. I guess in a lot of cases it can be a very slow progressing Cancer.

Thanks for the positive thoughts.

elektra
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Hopefully the tests not only come back negative for cancer, but that they are also able to give you some kind of diagnosis so you can at least move forward with an action plan. Good luck.

boogiemomz
04-23-2010, 01:08 PM
it's almost certainly something much less serious... try to stay on the positive side and not allow your imagination to think horrible thoughts like that. easier said than done, i know! :hug: keep us posted.

lcarlson90
04-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Update in original post..

sarahsthreads
04-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Gosh, I didn't see your original post. Your update sounds more good than bad, and hopefully you'll get some definite answers soon!

P&PT!

Sarah

Globetrotter
04-30-2010, 01:43 AM
That sounds like something I would do... please, please, please stay away from Google until you have a diagnosis! It's tough to know when to draw the line because you also have to be your own advocate and become knowledgable in case they aren't being aggressive enough.

It does sound promising, though, and I hope you have a simple explanation. :grouphug:

Melbel
04-30-2010, 07:06 AM
That sounds like something I would do... please, please, please stay away from Google until you have a diagnosis! It's tough to know when to draw the line because you also have to be your own advocate and become knowledgable in case they aren't being aggressive enough.

It does sound promising, though, and I hope you have a simple explanation. :grouphug:

:yeahthat: Well stated! Sending P&PT!

boogiemomz
04-30-2010, 07:10 AM
thanks for the update. sounds like an encouraging result! please continue to keep us posted. :hug:

elephantmeg
04-30-2010, 07:35 AM
still thinking of you!!!!!!!!!

ThreeofUs
04-30-2010, 08:29 AM
I didn't see your post, and wanted to send a little bit of support. Good luck with all your tests. May they find nothing of note!