PDA

View Full Version : Calin vs. Tidoo

Snow mom
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
My DD has a Tidoo and just got her first Calin. I've heard many times that the dolls are the same except Tidoo can go in the bath but that hasn't been the experience we've had with the two dolls we have. I guess I'm wondering if my Tidoo is defective or if she's just like this. Calin is well stuffed, sits up, and has a heft to her that makes her a more satisfying doll to carry (at least in my opinion.) Tidoo is pretty flat, won't sit up (she just slumps over on herself), and weighs almost nothing. The weight difference isn't that surprising to me considering she seems to have styrofoam beads rather than beans. Are all Tidoo dolls floppy and understuffed though?

Tenasparkl
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Our tidoo doll is just like yours. I actually like it better than Calin.

fivi2
04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
We didn't end up with either, but when I asked the guy in the doll section at Terra Toys (I live in your city), he said to go with Calin, he didn't recommend Tidoo. (I don't remember details, and we didn't go with either, but I believe he didn't like Tidoo's stuffing).

DrSally
04-23-2010, 03:59 PM
No, that's the way they are. We have both, and the reviews state that the Tidoo is less substantial feeling and doesn't sit up b/c of the nature of the filling.

ETA: We got the Calin first (would be my first choice of the 2) and only got the Tidoo b/c it was on super sale on Amazon over the holidays.

bubbaray
04-23-2010, 04:00 PM
We have 2 Calins. I would say that neither of them really sit up. They are quite floppy. They only sit up if they are sitting/leaning against something.

WatchingThemGrow
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
DD's never had a problem with Tidoo, except for the fact her pj's got a hole in the toe. She told DS1 that Dollie must be growing out of her jammies b/c she wore a hole in the toe, lol. I probably should run her through the washer.

Snow mom
04-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear that our Tidoo is normal. She definitely serves a purpose in our life because she gets baths almost as frequently as DD. Seeing the difference between her and Calin just made me wonder.