PDA

View Full Version : For those with hitch mounted bike racks?

LD92599
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I had the hitch installed this morning and went to the bike ship this afternoon for the hitch mounted rack (Thule Roadmaster 4).

Question.....do you tend to leave the bike rack on all the time? Or just put it in the car (Odyssey in this case) on the weekends or times when you're definitely going riding?

With the bike rack on, my backup sensors (aftermarket @ Honda) just beep constantly...!

Thanks!

Melbel
04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
We also just installed a bike rack this week, thanks to recommendations here. When the bike is on the rack, the rear sensor was beeping like crazy. I discovered a never before used button on the lower left dash to turn off the sensor (defaults to on after turning the vehicle off/on). We have an Infiniti, but I thought this might help. We did not opt for a hitch mount, but have elected to keep the rack on if we know we will use it in the near future. It helps that we can still fit our SUV in the garage with the rack on. Otherwise, I would have taken it off.

shawnandangel
04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
We don't have a backup sensor, but we installed our bike rack last week and it stays on all the time. It folds down so it's not a big deal for it to stay on.

bubbaray
04-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Our hitch-mounted rack (Swagman) is only on the truck when its in use. DH takes it off and keeps it in the garage otherwise.

cono0507
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
We store ours in the garage and just put it on when we need it.

niccig
04-25-2010, 01:57 AM

Same with us. It only takes DH a couple of minutes to put it on/take it off. There have been some weeks when I've driven with it on all week as we didn't have time to take it off on Sunday. By the time we got to Wed, it was "why bother, as need it again on Sat.".

hellokitty
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
:yeahthat:

lchang25000
04-25-2010, 01:33 PM

:yeahthat: Doesn't take DH very long to put it on and take it off.