PDA

View Full Version : Anyone start soccer this week?

jess_g
04-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Just wondering what the kids are wearing. My 6 year old ds starts soccer next weekend. He has the cleats and shin gards and long socks already from the fall. I think he gets a shirt from the coach but I wonder what else we need. Is it ok to wear sweat pants or do they need to wear shorts? In the fall it was cold (like 40 degrees) so the kids wore whatever would keep them warmest. Now that its spring I am wondering what is appropiate to wear.

Thanks,

Jessica.

shishamo
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
There was a thread about this recently, so you may want to do a search.

My kids have been playing for several weeks (age 5,7, and 10). we have long athletic pants for all but shorts is working out fine, too. If it's super cold my girls wear tight underneath the shinguards and socks. You need a waterbottle, they get thirsty. Other than that, have fun!

JBaxter
04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
We started 3 weeks ago. Shorts and long socks over the shin guards with a long sleeved shirt under his soccer jersey ( which is really a tshirt) Last sunday he wore a hoody sweat shirt under his jersey.

bubbaray
04-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Our soccer league started 2w ago. All the kids are wearing shorts. Sometimes l/s shirts under the s/s uniform shirt.

stefani
04-25-2010, 03:14 PM
DS just finished spring soccer last week :-)

Anyway, we are in the Texas, so the last few weeks it is short sleeve shirt under the jersey (because the jersey is scratchy), and shorts (the uniform - from the league). When it was colder, then long pants under the shorts (DS has karate pants), and long sleeve shirt under the jersey.

KrisM
04-25-2010, 03:30 PM
We started yesterday. DD wore sweat pants, but she gets cold easily. DS1 wore shorts. Both had a fleece jacket under their soccer shirt.

It was around 45 deg, windy, and light rain during play. I think I was colder than they were :).

almostamom
04-25-2010, 03:48 PM
It depends on the weather. Either athletic pants, sweats, or shorts and a short or long sleeved shirt under the jersey. DS had shin guards that are in his socks and soccer cleats. Oh, and lots of sunscreen. Yesterday was beautiful (low 70s and sunny) and most of the kids had on shorts and short sleeves.

LarsMal
04-25-2010, 05:14 PM
DS and DD1 started "mini soccer" (skills, no games) 3 weeks ago. DD's practice is at 9AM so she has been wearing sweatpants over her shin guards and a hooded sweatshirt under her team t-shirt. Its been warmer by DS's practice in the afternoon so he has been fine in shorts with his shin guards and soccer socks, with a long sleeved t under his team shirt. They don't need cleats yet.