PDA

View Full Version : Update! Frustrated with bra situation, need sports bra rec

twowhat?
04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Ugh.

I spent a couple hours at Nordstrom trying to find a bra that will work for me. I'm a 32C/D but my problem is my overstretched skin from breastfeeding my twins. So the breast tissue itself fits into a C cup, volume-wise, but the skin will NOT lie smoothly when I wear a C cup bra so everything still looks all lumpy when I wear a t-shirt. I tried on a LOT of full-coverage bras. I wanted to cry. Saleslady told me my best bet would probably be a sports bra. I ended up buying a Wacoal bra in 32D because it worked the best out of everything I tried but it is FAR from perfect and not comfortable. At least you can't see lumps.

So, I need a good sports bra recommendation. Something padded would be nice, cuz I get cold easily and I am always dealing with my nipples screaming "HERE I AM!" I bought a racerback Marika sports bra at Nordstrom that is pretty comfy, padded, and gives good separation. But since it's a racerback, I can't wear the wide necklines that I normally like to wear. So I could only wear that bra with collared shirts. I would love a good sports bra that is padded for hiding cold nipples, gives good separation, and has straps that sit wider apart on the shoulders so I can go back to wearing all my old clothes with wide/scoop necklines (and feel normal again).

I am tiny - a size 2 - which seems to just make my hanging-over-my pants accordion-pleated belly and heading-down-to-china boobs look even worse:( Help please!!

viba424
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I would check out Lululemon sports bras. They have the Deep V and the Not So Deep V sports bras. They come with really nice molded removable cups and offer a lot of comfortable support. I use my Not So Deep V as a nursing bra - it works very nicely for that, and use the removable cups constantly in other bras with nursing pads to avoid that lumpy look. They have free shipping too.

I dont know why they dont have any in the regular section at the moment, but I know the stores are always loaded with them, and you can always find one on sale:

http://shop.lululemon.com/Not_So_Deep_V_Bra/pd/c/830/np/830/p/2053.html

twowhat?
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I would check out Lululemon sports bras. They have the Deep V and the Not So Deep V sports bras. They come with really nice molded removable cups and offer a lot of comfortable support. I use my Not So Deep V as a nursing bra - it works very nicely for that, and use the removable cups constantly in other bras with nursing pads to avoid that lumpy look. They have free shipping too.
http://shop.lululemon.com/Not_So_Deep_V_Bra/pd/c/830/np/830/p/2053.html

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You have NO IDEA how this is going to change my life! Went to Nordstrom to get measured - 28DD (UGH). Feeling dejected, I went to a Lululemon store to look at their sports bras and bought the Tata tamer sports bra 32DD. IT WORKS!!!! The band on this bra is snug to begin with but if I wear it on the tightest set of hooks, it works. I am SO HAPPY. And I paid FULL PRICE. I absolutely refuse to pay full price for ANYTHING (that's why I'm a BBBer I guess!) but this bra is totally worth it. I can wear it under most anything, even some of my deep-V neck t-shirts. I'll check breakoutbras.com too - they carry stuff in my size. But for now, I am very happy with a sports bra that smooths everything out AND can be worn under regular clothes.

THANK YOU!!!!

viba424
05-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Cool! Im so glad to hear it worked!