PDA

View Full Version : Deal on Picnic Table?

choysmith
04-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Now that summer is approaching, I'm hoping to get a picnic table for DD and DS so they can do projects and eat outside in the sunshine. I missed all the end of season deals last year. Does anyone have any ideas on where to get one for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

ang79
04-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Have you checked your local Craigslist? Yardsales are also good. I put an wanted add on Craigslist and got a very nice Little Tykes one (the larger size) for $30! My girls love it!

jenmcadams
04-26-2010, 11:16 AM
If you or your DH are handy, you could try using these plans from Knock off wood:

http://www.knock-offwood.com/2010/03/plans-kids-picnic-table-you-can-build.html

lellolicious
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks for that link. How i wish we could build a table like that that would be suitable to leave outside all summer long! I'd build one that was super-long for all of the kids we always seem to have running around our backyard. But I have a feeling after one season of rain, pollen, etc., it would be shot, so it's not worth the effort.

pjsmom30
04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for that link. How i wish we could build a table like that that would be suitable to leave outside all summer long! I'd build one that was super-long for all of the kids we always seem to have running around our backyard. But I have a feeling after one season of rain, pollen, etc., it would be shot, so it's not worth the effort.

You could use Trek (fake) wood and it would surely last you!

BargainMomforLuke
04-26-2010, 02:35 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the2bobs
04-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Target has their kid picnic tables on sale this wk. Saw it in the store last night (VA) white plastic, maybe $18?

azmaple
04-27-2010, 01:14 AM
I saw this Battat wooden picnic table at Tuesday Morning on Saturday for $40. It's on Target.com for $106. Somehow I left it there instead of scooping it up.

http://www.target.com/dp/B000HDDAUC/ref=gp_se_search-results-asin-redirect

Good luck!

scm5g
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I am in love ♥♥♥

Thank you for posting this blog. It is AWESOME!

Ooo. Oooo. I love it too. Thank you!!

lellolicious
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
I hadn't checked out the other posts on that blog - very cool! There's even another picnic table someone posted that will supposedly last outside forever, but it's made out of pressure-treated wood. We did research a few years ago when we built a sandbox, and pressure-treated wood supposedly isn't safe for kids to be playing on (let alone eating on). Lowes wouldn't even cut it for us if we asked them to!