PDA

View Full Version : Help me

ScorpioMommy
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
My 6 month old daughter simply refuses to sleep. I have no idea what to do anymore. She used to go to bed at 8pm and sleep till either 5am or 6:30am. Then after her morning feeding a couple hours later she might cat nap for 30 minutes to an hour. The past few nights I haven't been able to get her to stay asleep. For example last night I set her down to sleep at 7:50pm and she went right to sleep within a few minutes. less then 30 minutes later she wakes up crying I tried for an hour patting her back without picking her up to encourage her to go back to sleep. (She wasn't hungry and she wasn't wet or soiled). It took 3 hours to get her to go back to sleep from the first time she woke up! I can't do this anymore I need someone to give me some advice.

Also, she refuses to take naps. I always put her down between 11:30am and 12pm for a nap which usually lasts 2-3 hours in the afternoon. And that worked until recently it turned into an all out crying fest where she just cries for an hour to an hour and a half. I also started her recently on solids ( a bit of rice cereal mixed in with half an ounce to an ounce of breast milk) could the rice cereal be affecting her sleep? I read in Baby 411 it could make babies constipated or something... but then again her poops appear to be fine. (although smellier) she has been getting gassy lately. I need a solution to this.

note: she also began teething at around 3 or 4 months. I think it was sooner then when I first discovered her little tooth at 4 months. She has 2 front bottom teeth and then one to the left on the bottom. I can't see or feel any others. Could it also be that?

Kymberley
04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm going to recommend the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" because it has worked MIRACLES for us, and we were in a pattern much like you are now. Our son would never nap for more than 30 minutes and would never sleep through the night. He was too tired to sleep. We've now gotten him on a schedule of 2 naps a day at 1.5-2 hours at a time and 12 hour of uninterrupted sleep at night. He is a happy child for the first time in his life, and we are loving every minute as we are finally feeling rested as well. Let me know if you want anymore info. Take care!