PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good trike? radioflyer trike $55

ckso
04-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Target has the radioflyer trike on sale this week in the ad for $55, and comes with a steer bar.

Is this a good trike? And is this a good deal?

http://www.target.com/Radio-Flyer-Deluxe-Steer-Stroll/dp/B0009NX07S

wellyes
04-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh - I just saw that trike at the used baby shop this afternoon! It was just right for 2 year old DD. Substantial and seemed well made. Very cute, too,and gender neutral. I liked that when you pushed it the petals turned and she could keep her feet on them - kind of teaching her how to petal.

On the downside it didn't have much in terms of steering. It definitely seemed like a toddler " be pushed in a straight line / go slow " trike. I don't think it would be great for a 4-5 year old.

The used place wanted $40 which I thought was too much. Amazon has it for $60. So I'd say the price is OK not great.

bandklangley
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
We've had this for a few years and I think it's great. We got it when my son was two. The bar is very helpful when they get tired and need a bit of a push. It's also good for safety when they are not so good at steering yet.
I got it for around $30 but I've never seen it that cheap again.

citymama
04-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Check out your local Craigs list - I see these trikes listed on ours all the time for less than half the price gently used. I've also seen them new at Target on sale at around $40. They are good trikes but a little high off the ground and tippy for a young toddler - probably better at around 3.

pjsmom30
04-27-2010, 09:57 PM
We have had ours for years, and it is still in good condition. One thing, when they "coast" (not pedalling) it makes a loud clicking sound. But it was great for before my little ones could pedal. Then later being able to help them with the steering bar was great. Then we took the bar off and they went off on their own. Plenty of room for growth with adjustable seating. We are passing ours on to another friend's baby, so it will get a third child's use.

pjsmom30
04-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh - I just saw that trike at the used baby shop this afternoon! It was just right for 2 year old DD. Substantial and seemed well made. Very cute, too,and gender neutral. I liked that when you pushed it the petals turned and she could keep her feet on them - kind of teaching her how to petal.

On the downside it didn't have much in terms of steering. It definitely seemed like a toddler " be pushed in a straight line / go slow " trike. I don't think it would be great for a 4-5 year old.

The used place wanted $40 which I thought was too much. Amazon has it for $60. So I'd say the price is OK not great.

My four year old still likes this trike...FYI....but we have it on the seat position furthest back. Oh, and my 5 year old used it last summer too.

arivecchi
04-27-2010, 10:10 PM
We have it and like it. Ours is all red so I am not sure if it is different.

Chag78
04-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Target has the radioflyer trike on sale this week in the ad for $55, and comes with a steer bar.

Is this a good trike? And is this a good deal?

http://www.target.com/Radio-Flyer-Deluxe-Steer-Stroll/dp/B0009NX07S

I got it for $35 on Amazon and a week later it went down to $25. You may want to set up an alert on Nukeprice or camelcamelcamel.com to let you know if/when it goes that low. We thought it was any okay bike, but nothing special.

emschwar
04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
We've had one for 3 years now and I'm perfectly happy with it. Tall DS got too big for it at about 4.5, but #2 is using now.

msmouse523
04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
We've had one for about 2 years, and DD still loves riding it.

lucybabymamma
04-29-2010, 08:59 AM
What a timely posting! JUST bought that bike at a cosignment sale for my 2 year old DD the other day and was wondering about it! Thanks for the reviews!

Jenn27
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
We just bought the pink one (with the worthless sunshade) for $80 :( Boo. I'd say it's a good price. My 18 month old is LOVING her bike!!!