PDA

View Full Version : Beaches Resorts

lhafer
04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
I was thinking about possibly taking the family on a vacation later this year. We have a 4 year old (March) and a 9 week old (Feb). I have been tossing around the idea of Disney World later this year (week after Thanksgiving). But lately I have been shying away from it with the baby in tow, and looking more towards all inclusive resorts (earlier in the fall - September/October). My DH and I have been to several all inclusives (Cozumel, Jamaica - Negril, Bahamas - Atlantis) and LOVED them. We also have done a cruise when DD#1 was about 2.5 years old, and we really enjoyed that.

My question is: does anyone have any experience with the Beaches Resorts in Jamaica or Turks? I am interested in the Turks and Caicos location because we have never been there. I like the family centeredness of the Beaches resorts. They have been rated highly by family magazines. But nothing says it better than personal experience!!

Tondi G
05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
We haven't been but we are considering the same Beaches in Turks since we've never been either. We just went on our 2nd family cruise and want to do a land based vacation the next time we travel. My DH loves how easy the cruise is with all the food handled and paid for in advance so he would like to consider an all inclusive resort... Beaches came up in our discussion.

I've always found that Trip Advisor is a good place to get honest reviews.

wellyes
05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Beaches is owned by the same company that makes Sandals. I've known a lot of people who stayed at Sandals - you pay a premium but it's always very nice.

Tondi G
05-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Found some reviews here

http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/beaches-turks-and-caicos-reviews/hrv/