PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-28-2010, 03:23 AM
MY.MOTHER-IN-LAW.IS.COMING. FOR TEN.DAYS.
:38::o:47::barf::duh::eek:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-28-2010, 03:24 AM
I will need a lot of :54::54::54::8::8::8:

JBaxter
04-28-2010, 06:17 AM
we have a 7 day rule here. DH made it :D IL's were here for 2 weeks once and I about went off the deep end

TwinFoxes
04-28-2010, 06:38 AM
OK, I was going to post about my MILs impending (tomorrow) visit. My sentence is only 4 days though.

I feel your pain.

Twoboos
04-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I feel your pain!! This is MILs typical length of her visits, except when they are for TWO whole weeks.

I suppose she needs all that time to get in all her judging - how I keep the house, how I don't iron, my cooking, that the girls might not be wearing fully coordinated outfits, that me serving her breakfast, lunch and dinner is NOT a priority, that my house is not showroom ready... yah, she needs at least 10days here.

Start drinking now and keep some booze in the laundry room or your closet. I'm only half kidding... HUGS!!!

kedss
04-28-2010, 08:26 AM
hugs, hang in there! ;)

boogiemomz
04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
oh dear. we should start planning right now for last minute catastrophes that will, tragically, require you to leave the country for her whole visit. brainstorming...

feeling for you, mama. ouch.

AshleyAnn
04-28-2010, 09:17 AM
I'd be making reservations someplace warm and sunny.

elizabethkott
04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh man.
That's just wrong.
:grouphug:

infomama
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Wowsa..that is a LONG visit.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-29-2010, 05:53 PM
We gave her a good month (I start school 6/1 for summer semester)to come, May. So she booked w/o telling us the dates/times and has YET to call us! We got an e-mail (to DH, who hardly ever checks it) from my BIL's business partner. 2 days later she still hasn't called to tell us. What if we never got the e-mail?? Usually she comes for 5 days, not TEN! She hasn't come in over 2 years, and had it not been for a funeral last Sept. it would have been 2 years since she saw her granddaughter last (her one other GD is 30). we think she is broke, after trying to bail out her favorite son (FIFTY y/o) from his drug addiction, irresponsibility and spending beyond his means.

How do you just make the res. w/o calling to confirm with the people you are staying with for TEN day? She didn't even ask can I stay 2x as long as my usual visit?

She is going to have to sleep in DD's room, with DD in her crib (the BGB is being assembled this weekend), as DH has really bad snoring/sleep apnea and sleeps in his own room. We have a 3bed home, one for me, DHand DD. I don't want to sleep with DD, as I feel it would be a hard habit to break, but since G-ma is leaving she won't be able to ask to sleep with her once she is gone. Plus I think MIL goes through my stuff.

did I forget to mention MIL started taking Valium after DH (he is ADHD and she couldn't handle him) was born and has taken it and many other drugs (Prozac, Vicodin, Ativan, Soma, etc.)for years and dropped a bunch of pills on the floor last time she was here in my room when DD was one? She has either dementia or Alzheimers, so she cannot be left a lone or babysit DD, so that negates he plus of having a MIL visit.

Wonder when she will call to tell us her plans?

ewpmsw
04-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Yikes. Hope the time passes quickly and that things go okay.

Melbel
04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I am sorry for the long stay, but I can commiserate with you. My mom has stayed with us for weeks at a time before without saying WHEN she was EVER leaving. She expects to be waited on, yells at me and my kids, takes her cocktail of meds so that she sleeps all day until she magically wakes up when she smells food cooking. Let's just say that she really knows how to take the FUN out of dysFUNction. We literally do a happy dance when she leaves. :8::54::8::54::8::54: