PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse Party Favors

Raidra
04-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Fiona is totally in love with Mickey Mouse for some reason, so that'll be the theme for her birthday party this June. Trying to get everything ready, but I really wasn't thrilled with the party favor options at iParty. Any ideas of where to get cute inexpensive Mickey Mouse (and related characters) stuff?

hannah
04-28-2010, 09:04 PM
DD was also in love with Mickey. She had a Mickey party for the 2nd birthday. For favors we gave each child a sheet of mickey stickers and a mickey sippy cup from the Disney store. There were about 5 other kids so we decided to spend more money on one item for each kid.

sariana
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
DD had a Minnie Mouse party in January. I lucked out and found Mickey and Minnie Mouse coloring/sticker books in the Target dollar bin in November. But I got most of the favors from our local party stores. We had stickers, bounce balls, a little twisty matching game, and boxes of MM Clubhouse crayons. I also got comb/brush sets at Target. We did a craft project with headband mouse ears, also from the party store. There were other cute favors, as well, but that was enough for us.

You didn't ask about activities, but I'll share one: I cut bread into 2 different sizes of circles and then toasted it. The larger circle was the face, and two smaller circles were the ears. I had cream cheese for the face (to make things stick) and seedless blackberry fruit spread to make the ears (almost) black. Grapes cut in half made the nose, raisins made the mouth, Craisins made the tongue, and banana slices with one raisin made the eyes. Some of the kids, including my DD, did not finish the craft because they kept eating the ingredients. But the older kids (siblings) seemed to enjoy it, and then it was their snack.

Melbel
04-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Dollar Tree has both MM coloring books and MM crayons (NOTE: many of our crayons were defective but the coloring books have been a hit with DD2). You could pair a MM coloring book with a travel crayon holder like this: http://www.etsy.com/shop/valenti557?section_id=5450170

These hairbows are adorable: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=25140068

You may be able to negotiate pricing for a larger order on Etsy.

VClute
04-28-2010, 09:35 PM
We recently had a Mickey themed party, too and we gave the kids Mickey's Clubhouse fruit snacks, and Mickey's Clubhouse coloring books from Dollar Tree. I also got those little blow things that unroll (what ARE those called?) at the party store, and ears for everyone. We had little black plates arranged in a Mickey shape with "mouse food" for everyone. (Cheese cubes, crackers, and pretzels) And I went REALLY simple with the cupcakes. White buttercream frosting with an Oreo cookie for the mickey head and two mini oreos for the ears. We were going to play a game, too: "Pin the bow on Minnie," but we didn't get to it.

katydid1971
04-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Another vote for dollar tree, they have MM coloring books and puzzles and summer toys like floaties and beach balls. I'm sure you could find sticker sheets lots of places.
Have fun ;)

VClute
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Almost forgot! We found some of the Mickey things later at Walmart. So we took the pricier party store ones back.

JTsMom
04-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Party City also has Mickey stuff.