PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with China???

Reyadawnbringer
04-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Has anybody been paying attention to these news stories?

Man stabs 28 kids at kindergarten (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36840902/ns/world_news-asiapacific/)

What in the world is going on over there?? Why have there been so many of these incidents recently? I would seriously have a hard time sending my kids to school after something like this....

BabyMine
04-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I read about that last night. Thank goodness nobody was killed (yet). I guess these people feel that the way to deal with life's problems is to kill children at a school. Crazy and sad. My heart goes out to all those that were involved and their families.

hillview
04-29-2010, 10:57 AM
It is a horrible event to be sure. Given the population, I don't know that it is a "China" thing. The US has its fair share of whackos who do horrible things too.
/hillary

LMPC
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
It is a horrible event to be sure. Given the population, I don't know that it is a "China" thing. The US has its fair share of whackos who do horrible things too.
/hillary

:yeahthat:

With a billion+ people it must get a little tense over there!

hellokitty
04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
/hillary

:yeahthat: We have plenty of crazies here in the US.

LMPC
04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Oooh, maybe we could export some of our crazies to China!!

codex57
04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Seriously, with over a billion people, the number of reports has to be drastically low (prolly due to censorship of media). Otherwise, they're doing something right that we aren't.

bubbaray
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Otherwise, they're doing something right that we aren't.

Um, yeah. Its an authoritarian dictatorship. Not sure that is "something right" that the Western world wants to emulate.

I really do NOT think this is a China thing, though. There are far more media reports of gun and knife violence from the Western world (North America, Europe). JMHO.