PDA

View Full Version : I mixed them up last night!!

mikeys_mom
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
My twins are fraternal, but look very much alike. In fact, DD#1 looks like them as well. They each have their own crib, but share a room. Typically, A will wake up at one point during the night, scream for a bit and then go back to sleep. D typically sleeps through it all, or rouses and just ignores her sister.

Last night, as usual, I hear screams around midnight and when I go in, it is D who is shrieking, A is trying to go back to sleep. Strange, but whatever... There was more shrieking around 4am and I ended up having to move D her into the PNP that we keep in our large walk-in closet for these situations. Again, strange, but I think I was too tired to think about it.

Well, this morning, I take them both out of their cribs, give them their bottles and when they are done, "D" stands up and starts walking around. Now, that is beyond strange because A walks, but D doesn't yet. It finally hit me that I put them to sleep in the wrong cribs and it was actually A who had been waking up screaming all along and I never realized that I had them mixed up!!! Granted, it was dark, I was tired and they look alike but I couldn't believe it actually happened!!!

twowhat?
04-29-2010, 12:58 PM
:ROTFLMAO: Too funny!!

The worst is when I start calling one of my girls using the dog's name. Or vice versa. Too many feet running around here.

catroddick
04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
The worst is when I start calling one of my girls using the dog's name. Or vice versa.

At least I'm not the olny one.... :rolleye0014:

dowlinal
04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
My boys don't even look alike and I've mixed them up. If my husband is home he'll get which ever boys wakes up, change him, and bring him to me. More than once I realized I didn't have who I thought I had when I walked into the twins room and went to put a baby into an already occupied crib.

caheinz
05-01-2010, 09:45 PM
At least I'm not the olny one.... :rolleye0014:

:yeahthat:

Melaine
05-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Don't worry, it won't be long before they tell you, "It's ok, Mom, I know you get confused sometimes." The way they say it is really funny too.

glbb35
05-04-2010, 10:53 AM
What a hoot! I do understand though. My twins can resemble each other as other people have told us but I think they look completely different. I have all boys including a male cat, male dog and two other dogs that are female. I can't tell you how many times we are running out the door or another stressful event like that and I am trying to get one person to do something and I am running through all the names of the house including DH and the pets. My oldest just laughs. He thinks it is funny. It does always lighten up a stressful situation!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09
& 1 cat, 3 dogs, lots of love, laugher and chaos!