PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Oprah today w/John Edwards' mistress (Rielle Hunter)?

conniez
04-30-2010, 04:20 AM
I don't catch Oprah often, but I think this was a rerun of the show aired today. Oprah asked her to justify the names she's been called & she said she wasn't any of that ("homewrecker", "airhead", etc.). What do you guys think?

BabyMine
04-30-2010, 04:52 AM
My mouth was open almost the entire interview. What arrogance. They deserve each other. I almost wish that sex tape would have come out to embarass them even more but becasue of his wife and kids I'm glad it didn't. I can't believe they didn't use protection. I have a feeling she wanted him to get her pregnant and probably told him she was on the pill. I know, no excuse for him but I don't think if you are having an affair and running for President that you are going to intentionally get your mistress pregnant. She would have had a much better image if she would have kept her mouth shut and stayed out of photo shoots. I feel so bad for all the children who are the innocent victims in all of this infantile behavior.

conniez
04-30-2010, 06:02 AM
My mouth was open almost the entire interview. What arrogance. They deserve each other.

I think that was the word I was looking for/thinking of while watching. I try not to pass judgment as I know I'm not the person in the situation, but yes, it does seem like she did not have any humility or feel any shame for what happened. I think when Oprah asked if she thought she was a home-wrecker she said no, she wasn't because their marriage was already over as they were having problems before the affair. While statistically it may be true people often cheat because something's lacking in their marriage/relationship, I don't think that means you've got the green light to go after someone's SO.

kristenk
04-30-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm watching this on my dvr right now. I can't believe her. Just hope that DH doesn't have anyone who come up to him and wants to help him become his true self. :rolleye0014::barf:

Ugh.

conniez
04-30-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm watching this on my dvr right now. I can't believe her. Just hope that DH doesn't have anyone who come up to him and wants to help him become his true self. :rolleye0014::barf:

Ugh.

:rotflmao:

elektra
04-30-2010, 05:57 PM
I haven't see this but just two seconds ago, I heard my dad say, "stupid" talking to the TV.
I am in another room and so I asked him what he was watching and he said Oprah, the one with John Edwards' mistress.
I guess he was disgusted with her too! Haha.
LOL!

strollerqueen
05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
LOL! Go Dad! :hysterical:

maylips
05-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I just don't get why you would go on TV to say all of those personal, personal things. I mean, what do you do, keep the tape to show to your daughter one day so she'll learn more about mommy and daddy's "love?!?" And I couldn't believe that the reason she went on was because so much was being said about her that was untrue. Um, so admitting to all of that "truth" made you look better in peoples' eyes?!?!

The temptation for fame just astounds me with all of the mistresses lately that are coming out in the open and are just so proud of their behavior.

conniez
05-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I just don't get why you would go on TV to say all of those personal, personal things. I mean, what do you do, keep the tape to show to your daughter one day so she'll learn more about mommy and daddy's "love?!?" And I couldn't believe that the reason she went on was because so much was being said about her that was untrue. Um, so admitting to all of that "truth" made you look better in peoples' eyes?!?!

The temptation for fame just astounds me with all of the mistresses lately that are coming out in the open and are just so proud of their behavior.

:yeahthat:

LOL! Go Dad! :hysterical:

:D

I haven't see this but just two seconds ago, I heard my dad say, "stupid" talking to the TV.
I am in another room and so I asked him what he was watching and he said Oprah, the one with John Edwards' mistress.
I guess he was disgusted with her too! Haha.
LOL!

:thumbsup:

katydid1971
05-02-2010, 02:18 AM

She had to go on the show, people stopped talking about her trashy/slutty/awful pictures in Vanity Fair.
She's a slut. I don't care if their marriage is "over" you don't sleep with a married man. And he's a creep who took advantage of people who believed in him and what he had to say. They only people who I feel sorry for in this whole mess are all the kids, Jack and Emma Claire are at ages to understand what is going on and to be totally embarrassed at school every time their daddy's whore does something else to get herself on TV.

Melaine
05-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I only saw a few clips on some other show (entertainment tonight?) but felt exactly what you all did. Especially the part about having my mouth open in shock the whole time. The whole thing is revolting.