PDA

View Full Version : Paging those who've stayed at BLT

alien_host
04-30-2010, 04:47 PM
I know several BBBers have stayed at the BLT. We are going soon and I was wondering is there anything I should request regarding our room location? We are renting points for a 1BR Lake View.

Should I ask for a higher floor? Which one? Any thoughts?

I noticed that they have a section in the on-line checkin for room requests (although they may not be honored, which is fine, can't hurt to ask right?).

clc053103
04-30-2010, 04:59 PM
This should help-it's a map of the entire place with a listing of reported views. I requested a higher floor. Really, any lake view is nice, you can see the pool as well as the evening electric water pageant!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

erosenst
05-01-2010, 08:45 PM
That thread is great - try to spend a little time on it.

I had meant to request a room based on that, but forgot. While I wasn't crazy about our view (we were on the "inside", and looked directly into the rooms on the other side of the "C"), in general I liked it. High floor (so quieter) relatively near the elevator (convenient). And in reality, we spent almost no time in the room.

One thing I hadn't totally focused on is that there's no way to get another bed into the bedroom - so if you're planning to have a kid sleep in there rather than on one of the pull-outs in the living room, you might want to bring/buy an air mattress.

We really liked it there though. Feel free to PM if you have other questions I can answer -

cuca_
05-02-2010, 08:23 AM
I know several BBBers have stayed at the BLT. We are going soon and I was wondering is there anything I should request regarding our room location? We are renting points for a 1BR Lake View.

Should I ask for a higher floor? Which one? Any thoughts?

I noticed that they have a section in the on-line checkin for room requests (although they may not be honored, which is fine, can't hurt to ask right?).

I remember reading on the Disboards (maybe on the thread quoted above), that there are some lake view rooms that also have a MK view. I did not make any requests, and ours did not. We faced the lake and the Dock/Pool area of the Contemporary. We were on the 2nd floor, and did not experience any noise, but we were on the last room in the hallway. I don't know how old your kids are, but the rooms do have balconies, if that is any consideration. One of the first thing my 2 year old did was figure out was how to open the locked balcony door. We barricaded the door with a chair, and I think I would have been freaking out much more if we were up higher (although the 2nd floor was high enough).

If you are worried about noise, I would ask for a room that is not near the elevators and also avoid the floor where the walkway is (I forget whether it is the 4th or the 5th floor). I would also avoid any of the rooms facing the pool, as I imagine these are noisy.

alien_host
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
THanks for the info!