PDA

View Full Version : Recall of children's Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec & Benadryl

goldenpig
04-30-2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

McNeil Consumer Healthcare Announces Voluntary Recall of Certain OTC Infants’ and Children's Products

Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) – McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children’s and Infants’ liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait. (SEE RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW).

McNeil Consumer Healthcare is initiating this voluntary recall because some of these products may not meet required quality standards. This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events. However, as a precautionary measure, parents and caregivers should not administer these products to their children. Some of the products included in the recall may contain a higher concentration of active ingredient than is specified; others may contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements; and others may contain tiny particles. While the potential for serious medical events is remote, the company advises consumers who have purchased these recalled products to discontinue use.

The company is conducting a comprehensive quality assessment across its manufacturing operations and has identified corrective actions that will be implemented before new manufacturing is initiated at the plant where the recalled products were made.

Consumers can contact the company at 1-888-222-6036 and also at www.mcneilproductrecall.com. Parents and caregivers who are not sure about alternative pediatric health treatment options should talk to their doctor or pharmacist and are reminded to never give drug products to infants and children that are not intended for those age groups as this could result in serious harm.

For additional information, including affected NDC numbers, consumers should visit our website www.mcneilproductrecall.com or call 1-888-222-6036 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time, and Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time). Any adverse reactions may also be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Program by fax at 1-800-FDA-0178, by mail at MedWatch, FDA, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787, or on the MedWatch website at www.fda.gov/medwatch.

McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. markets a broad range of well-known OTC products.

Penny's Pappa
05-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Looks like I have a couple of these. Grrr!

Sent them an e-mail letting them know.

Thanks for posting this!

AshleyAnn
05-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Wow - I'm so thankful I bought up & up from target for DD. She's teething and just got her 4 months shots I'd die if it weren't for the tylonol.

momtoonegirl
05-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Thank you so much for letting us know about this. DD has strep throat, and sure enough the bottle of Tylenol that I have been giving her is from this list. I hope that nothing adverse happens. Off to buy another bottle :(

cestkaren
05-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Not again! Infant Tylenol had a recall not too long ago. I have 2 boxes each of Infant Motrin and Tylenol...Costo purchase. Plus our crib was recalled this week. I swear, product/manufacturing standards are going downhill.

nov04
05-01-2010, 11:59 AM
here's the Canadian info too:

http://www.tylenol.ca/english/pdf/Press_Release.pdf

lorinick
05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
They pulled all Tylenol from the shelf at Target. What am I suppose to do with the two bottles I have?

the2bobs
05-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Not just the Tylenol but also Benadryl and Zyrtec (all Children's) & Motrins (Infant & Children's). I have at least 10 boxes of this stuff (Costco/BJs). That's a lot of money wasted!

btw: don't pour down drain/flush down toilet, just throw it in your trash.

MrsMcGwire
05-01-2010, 07:04 PM
We returned our Tylenol to Target for a refund and returned the Motrin to Costco for a gift card.

Claki
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I have read this release and a news article twice and I'm still not 100 percent clear. So ALL childrens and infants motrin and ibuprofen has been recalled, not just certain lots? And if we have these products we can get a refund by emailing on the McNeil site?

KenReeves
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know if "store brand" motrin/tylenol, etc.. are impacted as well? thx

sunshine873
05-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Apparently they've decided to re-imburse or send coupons, at least there's some kind of relief. https://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/replacement_coupon.inc

neeleymartin
05-03-2010, 10:31 PM
I have read this release and a news article twice and I'm still not 100 percent clear. So ALL childrens and infants motrin and ibuprofen has been recalled, not just certain lots? And if we have these products we can get a refund by emailing on the McNeil site?

i have infant motrin that was not recalled. i was surprised when i entered the number.

still wondering about the generics. anyone call mcneill and ask yet? i may have to in the am. i use a lot of generics.

truly scrumptious
05-04-2010, 01:44 PM
i have infant motrin that was not recalled. i was surprised when i entered the number.

still wondering about the generics. anyone call mcneill and ask yet? i may have to in the am. i use a lot of generics.

I talked to a pharmacist at CVS yesterday and he said the CVS brand stuff was safe (told me he'd just bought some for his kids.) So I'm guessing most generic brands are ok.

BTW, the whole checking the number thing has me nervous, in case I mistyped something or forgot a hyphen, etc. I checked on the list at the bottom of this page and found mine listed as recalled:
http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/faq.inc

Remember that the number you're looking for is not the Lot number, but the number above the brand name on the main label.

lchang25000
05-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Apparently they've decided to re-imburse or send coupons, at least there's some kind of relief. https://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/replacement_coupon.inc

I requested a check for a refund. I only have the Infant Tylenol that's on the recall list.

goldenpig
05-12-2010, 01:14 AM
So I took all my bottles of infant/children's Tylenol and Motrin to Walgreens. No receipts and some bottles were open/no box, some were new. They took the liquid ones back and I got about $40 on a gift card back. They wouldn't take the chewable or meltaway tablets though because they weren't liquid. However, I'm a bit skeptical of giving those given what's been said about the plant...makes me wonder if the chewables are any safer. Plus I just realized when I was looking at the recall website, that adult Tylenol was recalled too in January. Need to go check those now.