PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat for breakfast?

ourbabygirl
05-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Mine usually consists of cereal (Frosted Mini-Wheats) or toast, maybe a bit of fruit & yogurt. If I have more time I'll make DD & myself waffles, pancakes, or scrambled eggs w/cheese & ham mixed in. And sometimes I'll do oatmeal (though DD doesn't like it), but I get very bored with it and can only have it once every couple of weeks. :wink2: Guess I need to start reading that baked oatmeal thread! :)

Anyhow, care to share what you have for breakfast? I'd particularly love more protein/ filling ideas, as I'm pregnant and I'm sort of a bottomless pit! :)

Thanks!

JMS
05-02-2010, 09:04 PM
For protein and variety, how about some greek yogurt with granola, fruit, and/or jelly (I use the organic, no sugar added strawberry jelly (I think it's called fruit spread actually) from Trader Joes)?

egoldber
05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I eat either an egg and a sausage or 2 eggs. But I eat at o'dark early. Then I have a second breakfast at 9ish, which is a plain instant oatmeal or a slice of baked oatmeal.

SnuggleBuggles
05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I eat 1 Barbara's brand shredded wheat biscuit with a thin layer of peanut butter on both sides with skim milk. I should toss some fruit in there. It's great though- I really stay full and feel good all morning.

Beth

hillview
05-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Granola. Eggs. Bagel or toast with cheese. Toast with peanut butter and jelly (like PP I use all fruit spread).
/hillary

Corie
05-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I eat 2 Eggo's every morning. With lots of syrup. And a huge
glass of skim milk.

boogiemomz
05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
one of:

1. toast or english muffin w/ scrambled egg + slice of provolone

2. cereal w/ banana & skim milk

3. oatmeal w/ cinnamon, walnuts, and banana

Cam&Clay
05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
I drink a glass of Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast with skim milk every morning of my life. Well, since I was a teenager, so more than 20 years. I drank it more than once a day when I was pregnant because I could not tolerate any kind of pre-natal vitamin. The doctor had me switch to the regular instead of sugar free and that counted as my vitamin!

That holds me until mid-morning at school where I can usually sneak a granola bar/handful of nuts/half a bagel to tide me over until lunch.

TwinFoxes
05-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Fiber One. Or whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast. Pretty blah, but it's helped me lose baby weight. When I was nibbling, or eating crapola, I had trouble losing weight.

wellyes
05-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Usually a bagel with peanut butter and some red grapes.

Sometimes chocolate Instant Breakfast blended with a banana and maybe some peanut butter.

Occasionally I have the bagel, grapes AND instant breakfast :bag (Only when pregnant!)

When DH makes me breakfast it's usually mango puree and yogurt in the blender ..... mango lassi yum!

On Sundays I bake store-bought muffins or banana bread.

purpleeyes
1 egg
1 piece of some sort of whole grain something (toast, waffle, etc.)
2-3 cups of coffee
Sometimes I'll add a
1 bowl of plain oatmeal with honey and almonds if I have time and I am super hungry.
Usually, I am super hungry but don't have the time. :)

Elilly
I need variety but above all, I need a combo of both fiber and protein to keep me from being hungry 2 hours later! Currently, I am eating a slice of mutigrain bread with TJ's reduced sugar strawberry preserves, an egg, and some OJ. I alternate between this, baked oatmeal and an egg sandwich with bacon (yum!).

salsah
05-02-2010, 09:36 PM
for weekdays: cold cereal, oatmeal, baked oatmeal, bagel, yogurt with fruit, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs (we usually have some in the fridge that we made ahead).

jgenie
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Generally we have pancakes or scrambled eggs w/ cheese. We used to have steel cut oats, baked oatmeal and blueberry oatmeal muffins but I haven't made those since DS2 arrived.

HIU8
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Breakfast for me consists of a yogurt or a bowl of cereal minus the milk. I don't do any big protein for breakfast (any more than the yogurt) b/c I get an upset stomach from it. I am also hypoglycemic so I try to eat small meals throughout the day. between breakfast and lunch I eat a snack of nuts or soybutter on crackers or toast (sometimes 2 snacks). Plus I take a children's multi vitamin (I cannot take an adult version--pretty much every brand either gives me a massive stomach ache or I vomit).

DrSally
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I've never really liked breakfast, so generally I don't eat it--bad, I know. If I have time, I like eggs and toast with sunbutter, or some cream cheese and lox on a bagel (I don't always have the ingred, but I love this). I also like mini quiches. I will also eat any left overs from the night before. I like nonbreakfast food for breakfast. Most cereals are way too sweet for me.

newg
05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I have a mini bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee....sometimes cheerios; unless I make oatmeal, or pancakes or eggs for us. DD usually has a fruit bar or 1/2 mini bagel or cheerios or mini waffles.

gatorsmom
05-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Most of my mornings are spent on the go so I usually grab a Luna bar with a bottle of Yobaby yogurt drink or a cheese stick with the Yobaby drink. If I have some time, I love Kashi blueberry clusters cereal with some whole milk.

Nooknookmom
05-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I eat a crumb twist from my local donut shop. I should be eating sprouted grain bread with whole fruit spread or low-fat granola with low-fat yogurt.

When my cholesterol creeps up I will change format.

pinkmomagain
05-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Oatmeal made with milk, fruit (usually strawberries), a tablespoon of chopped nuts, and cinnamon.

Indianamom2
05-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I eat a crumb twist from my local donut shop. I should be eating sprouted grain bread with whole fruit spread or low-fat granola with low-fat yogurt.

When my cholesterol creeps up I will change format.

:hysterical:

Love it!

crl
05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Yogurt w/ granola and fruit
Cereal (kashi Go Lean has protein)
Bagel w/ chocolate soy butter and banana slices
Bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon
Israeli cous cous with milk, honey, almond slivers and dried cranberries

Catherine

baymom
05-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Granola with skim milk almost every single day. Occasionally, left over oatmeal or toast that the kids didn't finish. On Sundays, DH makes either pancakes or waffles or eggs.

mommylamb
05-03-2010, 06:20 AM
I either have oatmeal (the real stuff only takes about 5 minutes to make) or I make an egg in the microwave and put it on a slice of dry whole wheat toast.

lchang25000
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Cereal with skim milk, peanut butter jelly sandwich, waffles, pancakes, avocado, veggie sausage patties....basically whatever DS eats.

brittone2
05-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Ezekial (sprouted grain bread) with PB
or
Greek yogurt (full fat) w/ a touch of stevia and fresh fruit
or
maybe 1x a week steel cut oats
or
in warm weather, LOTS of different smoothies (I throw in an avocado sometimes, or sometimes add greens to mine)

Eggs if DH is around, or we make this delicata squash brown thing we like...cubed delicata squash sauteed w/ bacon and onions. Yum. We do eggs or that many weekend mornings.

WatchingThemGrow
05-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I feel like a glutton. Can't eat the same thing for b'fast two days in a row. When I make it: eggs benedict, waffles (often reheated - from that WS All Clad machine), eggs, bagel, fruit, oatmeal, very rarely GoLean or another cereal. Or...I'll eat whatever DH makes for the DC. I somehow trained him to make theirs (:bouncy:) so if he makes extra for me, then it'll be eggs, toast, oatmeal, bacon, sausage (sometimes fake), TJ's French Toast, drinkable yogurt, fruit, etc.

and several times/week - Ovaltine in my milk.

salsah
05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I feel like a glutton. Can't eat the same thing for b'fast two days in a row.

:yeahthat: it seems that many posters eat the same thing everyday. it really surprised me, especially if it is something that requires a little prep. if i'm going to put some work into it, i might as well make it interesting.
is that healthier or just easier?
i can eat the same thing everyday but i like a little variety. sometimes i get in a rut and eat the same thing everyday during the week, usually something quick and easy like cold cereal or oatmeal, but then on the weekend i have to change it up and make some pancakes or eggs.

brgnmom
05-04-2010, 07:31 AM
I have a bagel + cream cheese or toast with nutella, along with some red grapes or grapefruit and milk or orange juice. I also end up munching on a granola bar b/c I still feel hungry. I started drinking the kirkland organic whole milk (usually I opt for skim), because I've noticed that as I'm a week away from second trimester, my weight gain has slowed down and it's at five to seven pounds and *my DH* has actually gained more weight than me during this pregnancy. He is up 12-15 pounds already! I gained more weight with my DS, but maybe because I was less active back then -- working full-time then but pretty sedentary while at home.

JoyNChrist
05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
With this pregnancy I'm eating 6 meals a day because I haven't been gaining enough weight, so I get two breakfasts.

Breakfast #1 (which DS eats with me) is pretty much always baked oatmeal, usually with some yogurt.

Breakfast #2 is usually a couple of scrambled or hardboiled eggs and some kind of bread (whole grain english muffin or bagel with nutella or strawberry cream cheese)

boolady
05-04-2010, 09:26 AM
This week, it's baked oatmeal. Usually, it's either a Luna bar in the car on the way to work that gets supplemented with an apple or banana when I get there, or Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch cereal. I love it.

On Sundays, I will make eggs, turkey sausage, toast, and fruit sometimes, or a strata or frittata, or maybe once every 5-6 weeks we go to the diner for breakfast. I love that more than going out to dinner.