PDA

View Full Version : Something really bad must be going on....

Melaine
05-02-2010, 10:32 PM
There are like 6 or so police cars right on our street, several are driving around and a bunch of cops are standing two doors down with a group of people. I can't see what is going on, and DH just WALKED down the road and has been gone for like 15 minutes! Thanks so much for leaving me stuck here....I can see that he is standing with the group of neighbors and a few cops, but it is making me very nervous thinking that there was an attempted break-in or worse and I can't hear anything they are saying. I really REALLY want a security system. REALLY.

crl
05-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, it might be not much. DH used to be a cop and he says if nothing else is going on a bunch of them will respond to a fairly innocuous call just for something to do.

Catherine

Melaine
05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Ok so DH came back and told me the story. Some idiot ran a red light and then got pulled over, but instead of pulling over he pulled onto our street and tried to run. He came around the corner and slammed into our neighbor's truck parked in his driveway. Then he jumped out of his car and RAN away into our neighborhood. So now he is loose somewhere.....great.

nrp
05-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Have DH come home and lock your doors! I'm sure it's nothing, but it makes you wonder *why* he ran, you know?!

crl
05-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Hmm. I guess it's possible he ran because of an outstanding warrant but I'd guess he was drunk. Terrible but not something that would make me worry for the safety of the neighborhood.

Catherine

wellyes
05-02-2010, 10:46 PM
We had a car chase in our neighborhood last month. Turns out the guy had drugs on him (enough to sell) that's why he ran -- fear of mandatory sentencing. It's scary, but it does make you grateful that you live somewhere that trouble is driving through on a rare occasion vs a neighborhood where trouble lives.

WatchingThemGrow
05-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Dude, you MUST live in my neighborhood. There are always things going on. I'll agree that it does get your blood pumping when you see patrol cars out there.

Actually, a friend and I were on the phone while a guy was getting handcuffed in front of her house a few doors down last month. He left in a cruiser, and a tow truck took away his car. You should see the beautiful drawing my 3yo made of the tow truck and the huge shiny rims on the guy's car. They really made an impression on her. I asked the police next time we ran into one (they know where we live b/c I call them to check stuff out all the time) but he just said it was a routine traffic stop where they suspected drugs, then brought the K-9 out, etc. Yep, right where we'd been riding balance bikes the night before... and this was during naptime!!!

I just keep God aware that I'm here with a bunch of LOs and He needs to keep a close eye on me :)

graciebellesmomma
05-03-2010, 01:12 AM
wrong post.

Melaine
05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Well, last night made me really nervous, but I wound up feeling much better about our neighborhood. Because we have two cops living very close to us, one right around the corner and one right across the street. I knew that of course, but last night they both were on the scene within a minute or two. I was really happy to see how fast they responded, just from hearing the sound of the wreck! So, our neighborhood is really not the best, but it's nice to know we have the policemen so close by and that they are really on the ball!

SnuggleBuggles
05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Yikes! Hope they caught the guy.

I love my neighborhood too b/c it is a small township with a dedicated police dept.. If you call, someone will be here in minutes. They are kind of bored around here too, I think, so they really take any concern seriously. Unlike the city's police dept. that I tried to get help from once a few years ago...basically I wasn't even close to a priority and they were real snippy and unhelpful. I'll take living 5 minutes farther out if it means good, responsive, helpful police.

Beth