PDA

View Full Version : Good quality towels

niccig
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM
DH bought another set of towels from BB&B as the old towels (about 3 years old) were unraveling at the side and had several pulled loops of thread. The ones he bought were expensive. I washed them ONCE, guess what - pulled loops. I wash on cold, delicate and dry on low - I do have dryer balls in the dryer with nobbly bumps, but I wouldn't think that would pull the loops of thread. DH is POed that they don't look great after ONE wash.

Any suggestions for other towels...these are going back.

sariana
05-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I recently bought the white "commercial grade" Martex towels at Costco: 6 bath towels, 12 hand towels, 24 wash cloths (that is how they were packaged). I got them as something relatively cheap to use while the kids are young and in the "guest" bathroom (which really is used by the kids). I love them! They are soft and wash well. My only complaint is that I can't keep them white, but that is not the fault of the towels.

I seriously will buy them again if they are still availble when we need new towels.

WatchingThemGrow
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
My set of RH towels is looking great after 5 years. They go on sale maybe 2x/yr.

funda62
05-02-2010, 11:28 PM
My set of RH towels is looking great after 5 years. They go on sale maybe 2x/yr.

What is RH?

tmahanes
05-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I love the Biltmore towels at Belk! They are in great shape after 3 years and we are very hard on towels.... the only one that is frayed is the one that was attacked by my puppy!

kali
05-02-2010, 11:36 PM
We bought the Charisma ones at Costco a few weeks back when they were on special. They are great--very soft, absorbent (the absorbency improves after a few washes), and seem durable so far. I wash all towels in extra hot water and use the heavy duty cycle in the dryer and they look great.

The towels are about $7 and the bath sheets are around $12 I think. I can't remember how much the hand towels and washcloths are but they come in a bundle with two of each.

fattytuna
05-03-2010, 06:36 AM
What is RH?

Restoration Hardware, I believe?