PDA

View Full Version : Sand and Water Table

teedeedee
05-03-2010, 10:11 AM
DDs birthday is coming up. (my baby will be 2...sniffle) And she more than anything loves to play outside. She will play sidewalk chalk and bubbles for hours. She loves to sit out on the patio and stir a bowl of water. So we are thinking that a sand and water table will be a huge hit.

But there are several out on the market- Need recommendations, please!

lhafer
05-03-2010, 10:18 AM
We have a Step2 combo table and love it. My daughter is 4 and we have had this table for 2+ years, and it's been through 3 moves. It's very durable. Love the removable umbrella and the cover. Right now we just have water in it. Need to go buy some sand!

Ours is an older model so it's a different color:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Naturally-Playful-Sand-Water-Table/10983986?sourceid=1500000000000003260420&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10983986

carolinamama
05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
We also have the Step 2 combo table. Both boys play with it all the time. We rarely have sand in it as we have a large sandbox, but it's a hit either way.

fortato
05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
We have the Step2 combo also, but wish I had just bought the Naturally Playful Sand Table. http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1347

I like that it's just an open space, and that the kids can do whatever they want in it. I would have bought that instead but it came out after I had bought the sand/water combo table.

C99
05-03-2010, 10:53 AM
We have had the Step 2 naturally playful sand/water table since 2004. We stopped using the water in about 2005, and have been filling it with sand ever since. It's been a huge hit through 3 kids and several neighbors. Agree with Kristen: if the sand only table had been out, I would have just gotten that. Step2 also makes a water-only table, which we we also have although it gets considerably less play.

crispychicky
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
We have the Step2 water wheel table. DD LOVES it! You could really use either sand or water in it. We plan on converting from water to sand when the weather gets cooler in the fall.

My brother bought the sand/water combo for his girls and said the water side was constantly getting sand in it and the sand side was perpetually soggy. From that recomendation, we bought the cheaper, single use table.

Whatever you decide, your DD will love it.

teedeedee
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Oooh, for some reason I hadn't thought of doing a sand or water only table. That's a good idea too...hmmm tougher decision to make now! =)

alexsmommy
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Another with the Step 2. I actually like the flexibility of the combo table. This time of year I just use sand in it, but later when it's hot, we use both. My kids like it so much my parents got one for their house.

fortato
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh... and FYI if you decide to get the combo table- The umbrella hole quickly becomes a place for half the sand to be dumped into. No matter how many times I tell the kids not to do it... they end up pouring the sand into it anyway.

Minnifer
05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Is there a reason people do sand tables as opposed to sand boxes?

MommyofAmaya
05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
We are planning to get an Aquaplay center if Amaya gets any gift cards for her Bday. No sand options, but we played with one at a playdate and I couldn't drag either kid away.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=aquaplay&x=0&y=0

newg
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
We have the step2 combo table as well, with the umbrella. I love that the umbella has a upf rating. We just put water in it, as we also have a sand box; and I've heard that putting both side-by-side creates a big mess!! DD loves it was a giant water table though!!