PDA

View Full Version : Baby boy haircuts

elektra
05-03-2010, 10:47 AM
DS has barely any hair, except for a little tuft at the very top (crown?) of his head.
BUT he is getting these little wispies that are now hanging over his ears a bit.
What do you all do about those? Just leave them? Try to do a home haircut with DH's trimmer? Take him in for a haircut?
It seems like he really does not have enough hair to take him in for a cut, but I don't like the way it's looking.
For DD we just let it grow out a bit at this point, basically because she is a girl.

I actually like longer hair on little boys sometimes, but I don't think it's going to work for DS since he has so little of it.

arivecchi
05-03-2010, 11:02 AM
He sounds just like my DS! DS2 had a patch of long hair at the top and wispy hairs on the sides and back. I did not think that was enough hair for a haircut, but I still took him in when DS1 needed a haircut (around 12.5 months). I took them to a kiddie salon and DS2 got the cuttest haircut (the hair was trimmed all over and now looks much more uniform). He now looks like a little boy instead of a baby! I say go for it and make it into a fun first haircut experience! Ours was $18 and included a very formal-looking certificate and picture. :rotflmao:

Nyfeara
05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
DS had his first cut at about 1yr as well. We spent $12 and they also gave a certificate & attached a wisp of hair to it. After that we had to get his hair cut fairly regularly, about every 2-3 months. His hair does NOT behave well in the AM when it starts getting too long.

I'm not sure whether it's just his personality or b/c he's gone since he was a year old, but we usually don't have any issues getting it cut. They were even able to use the clippers this last time. We did request the person with the most 'kid' experience though when we made the first appt. We have stuck with her ever since.