PDA

View Full Version : can I preserve this sheet cake til Friday?

maydaymommy
05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
We picked up an extra 1/4 sheet cake to take to our bday party place yesterday, thinking what they were providing us with would not be enough.

We now have a full sheet cake, untouched, in the fridge. It's really nice looking!

We are celebrating at school on Friday. Anything I can do to make the cake last until then? Otherwise, I'll go ahead and get cupcakes for school.

I know when we get those little gourmet cupcakes, they tell us to freeze right in the plastic holder they come it & then they quickly defrost. Hope it's not too late to try with the cake! It's just for kids, how bad could it be if I freeze it now & take it out Friday morning??

ciw
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I'd freeze it. Worst case, it's a little dry. The kids won't care.

DebbieJ
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
You can totally freeze it. I have friends who did this before and it came out just fine.

infomama
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Freeze it...it will be just fine

MoJo
05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
People freeze parts of their wedding cakes and eat them a year later.

I think I've heard of semi-pro cake decorators freezing cakes too.

I think it will work great for you!

maydaymommy
05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks! I made room in the freezer, so I'll update Friday with how it comes out. It was a really nice looking cake for a supermarket bakery.

Andi98989
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Definitely freeze it. My mom made my wedding cake weeks ahead of time and froze it before and after she decorated it. It was fine.