PDA

View Full Version : s/o fels-naptha soap - tutorial please

neeleymartin
05-03-2010, 09:17 PM
i have this stuff and i need a tutorial. here's the scenario (most typical) ds2 eats berries at breakfast or lunch (both usually) two onesies get stained. they sit in the laundry pile for a while, sometimes overnight or worse yet a day or two.

how do i use fels-naptha? moisten the stain again? then rub with the bar. seems superficial to me. how does it really penetrate the stain?

please help. i have had this for years and it sits in my basement on top of the washer, covered in dust. tia

gatorsmom
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh my gosh I completely forgot about that soap! My mom loved itand used it all the time. She used to send me bars in my college care packages to use on my laundry, LOL.

I think you can either wet the bar of soap and try to rub it in or wet the stain and the bar And rub, rub, rub! Keep rubbing until the stains start to disappear. Then just toss the clothes in the wash. The leftover soap will come out in the wash- no need to rinse beforehand.

maydaymommy
05-04-2010, 09:12 AM
berries are my laundry curse, too. Actually, many summer fruits seem to do us in when it comes to indelible stains: berries, watermelon, cherries....

Is that soap generally considered the best remedy?

spanannie
05-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm a huge Fels-Naptha user, but I don't use it on berries. I use Wine-Away spray for that, and is ALWAYS takes out berry stains. I have never found anything that will remove watermelon, and I consider myself a stain removing queen!

berries are my laundry curse, too. Actually, many summer fruits seem to do us in when it comes to indelible stains: berries, watermelon, cherries....

Is that soap generally considered the best remedy?