PDA

View Full Version : help - how do you stay dry? TMI.

ewpmsw
05-03-2010, 10:28 PM
This probably falls into the "ew, gross, TMI" category, but I've been so uncomfortable, I have to ask: What do other folks use to keep chafing/perspiration to a minimum, especially in the shorts region? I've heard of the gel that some people (including runners) use to prevent chafing on their thighs. I'm looking for a dry solution to help me and my shorts stay dry. I'd even settle for dry-er. Losing weight is clearly the #1 solution, but in addition to that...??? It's so embarrassing to ask, but since I'm pg and starting to gain more weight, and it's already hot around here, I'm okay with being embarrassed if it means finding something to help feel more comfortable. I was a big perspire-er even when I was skinny. When I'm pg, it's really ridiculous, and maternity shorts are so frappin' hot sometimes. BTW, BO is not the issue, just perspiration. TIA.

newg
05-03-2010, 10:35 PM
DH bikes and he uses noxema sometimes or shami-butter I think (under his arms and between his legs).

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
05-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Would a baby powder help? The Burt's Bees one is fairly natural.

Green_Tea
05-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't know the answer, but I kid you not - I googled "groin sweat" just a few hours ago! I am not heavy, I just SWEAT! I'm so nervous and self conscious on hot days. I'll be watching this thread...

BabyMine
05-03-2010, 10:59 PM
I have some leakage also so I use Always Infinity and cornstarch (http://www.amazon.com/Calming-Powder-Non-Talc-2-50-Ounces/dp/B000VPR7UK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1272941876&sr=8-1). I use the cornstarch where any skin touches skin.

ThreeofUs
05-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Cornstarch. I've always found the powders smell off to me, and don't keep me as comfortable. GL!

gatorsmom
05-03-2010, 11:28 PM
When I was pregnant I sweat much, much more than normal, particularly under my breasts. I used antiperspirant in the sweaty areas. Worked great.

Hope you can find some relief!

youngmommy
05-03-2010, 11:44 PM
This stuff:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp139254_333181_sespider_1_1/monistat_soothing_care/chafing_relief_powder_gel.htm

Available in Target, WalMart, etc.

Sounds weird, but you can also google info about using it as a makeup primer.
It works great for that too!

lalasmama
05-04-2010, 12:10 AM
This stuff:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp139254_333181_sespider_1_1/monistat_soothing_care/chafing_relief_powder_gel.htm

Available in Target, WalMart, etc.

Sounds weird, but you can also google info about using it as a makeup primer.
It works great for that too!

:yeahthat::yeahthat: (Had to do it twice, because I'm a chafey kinda gal, and this stuff is WONDERFUL!)

LisaMom2Allie
05-04-2010, 03:01 AM
I am also preggo and have been having some issues. I have been using Anti Monkey Butt powder-it is in a gold/yellow rounded container and has a monkey with a big red tush on it. I bought it at Walmart.

LexyLou
05-04-2010, 03:33 AM
I don't have a sweating problem but I most definitely get some serious chaffing when running.

I use this stuff called "Glide". I like it because it goes on like a deodorant stick and you can't see that it's on but I don't believe it helps with sweating, just the chaffing.

Andi98989
05-04-2010, 07:07 AM
I've used the Monistat stuff and it really does work! I also have a stick of Glide that I used to use when I was running to prevent chafing from my clothes, etc...

ewpmsw
05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks so much for all of your replies! The Anti-Monkey Butt product sounds very interesting. :rotflmao: Sounds like it's time to go shopping...