PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm regretting my Si purchase

Lila
05-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Ugh.

So. I love the recline. And I love the lightweightness of it. It's not tippy and I've not experience the fold yet, but I'm sure it's good.

I thought I'd love the canopy but unless baby is upright, the sun would have to only be shining directly over her head (which it rarely does), so mostly it's in her eyes.

The basket is not as bad as I thought, but I did my shopping run yesterday and I cried on the way home! (Okay, I'm over tired and pmsing but...)

With the old snap-n-go, I could shove everything in the basket, walk home, no problem. Now I'm carrying a grocery bag that's breaking and walking up a hill... :(

the WORST part and if any reason this would be why I don't love it, is it's rickety! I hadn't even considered rickety! But I'm walking over streets and sidewalks and unless I have both hands on the handles, it's a bumpy ride.

If we go into NYC for the day, I'd definitely NOT bring this with me, though the BJCE seems like a monstrosity to drag out of the closet. And also a monstrosity for a mile walk to Whole Foods to pick up some items.

Do I trade them both in for a BJCM?

Oh no! What have I done??

swissair81
05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Ah, the bittersweet feelings of stroller regret. Can you sell it? It's still quite new.

arivecchi
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't think the BJCM will be a much smoother ride. Why can't you take the BJCE to Whole Foods? I have taken my Valco Trimode and my BJCCD to drugstores and grocery stores many times (including WF). In fact, I like the Valco best for shopping purposes because the basket is huge and I can hang tons of bags off it with my stroller swivelers.

I'd give the BJCE a try before before buying another stoller. Make sure the tires are well inflated for a super smooth ride.

And if you decide to get rid of the Si, don't fret, just list in on CL or in Stroller Swap and I am sure you will be able to sell it in no time for a slight discount.

ETA: I have a Peg Aria and I hate it for the same reason. Rickety and flimsy feeling. Super bumpy ride. I only use it at the mall (where it shines) where my mom lives. We've left it at her house.

WatchingThemGrow
05-04-2010, 11:22 AM
so sad you don't like your Si. DH will not let me get a P3 for that same reason since we do lots of outside walking. You should try to live with the BJCE for a while and see how it fares. I loooooove ours. you can put Mommy Hooks on it and hang bags from that also for more storage - plus use the seatback pouch for items also. Just make sure your tires have plenty of air in them.

lareigna
05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
You might want to try the Bumbleride Indie. It has a great basket and has a small footprint for an AT stroller.

I have a Peg Skate that I use for my grocery shopping, and I love the net bag feature. I can shove bags of groceries, pull the bungees over it and hang remaining bags on my stroller hooks. It's got a bouncy suspension and is great for long walks. I love it. It's also not as wide as the BJ. I had a BJCC and it remember it having a much longer and wider footprint than the Skate and the Indie for that matter.

swissair81
05-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Funny, I leave my Si at my mother's house also. She can store it in a corner & fold/unfold easily. She also doesn't take the kids out very often. So it's perfect for her.

jacksmoma
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THRU! I had a bjce- toooo big and heavy. sold it. had a peg si- did not think the quality was there, did not like the recline or the stroller in general. now i have a bjcm and bjcmd and love them dearly! handle like a jogger but not heavy (16 and 26 lbs) and have GREAT storage, handle gorgeously, baby loves it, sunshade ROCKS (great for so cal sun!), fold is a snap, light (oh so light!), and fabric wipes clean nicely. love the thing, i've tried and returned them all (poor diapers.com). sell them, get a bjcm it can be your only. handles sidewalks great and is not a big, heavy, bulky burden like the elite :) go for it!

salsah
05-04-2010, 01:09 PM
sounds like you need air tires. you can solve the storage issue with saddle bags and /or hanging bags on the handle.

Suzanne74
05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't quite understand. If you already have a BJCE, why are you taking the Si on a 2 mile journey to the store? Isn't that what the BJCE is for?

I have both of these strollers. I love them. The BJCE stays in my garage and I use it for all the long walks in the neighborhood/parks and major all day events (zoo, museum, etc..) I keep the Si in my car and that is my "errand" stroller (malls, school functions for other child, etc..)

It sounds like you want the Si to be your "all" stroller. I think that is hard for a umbrella type stroller with 5" wheels.

Do you mind me asking what you do use the BJCE for? Because it is a great stroller and will last you until your child is 5 years old. But if it just sits in your closet, you might as well sell it. Problem is, I think you will regret it when you child gets bigger and doesn't fit in anymore strollers. There are hardly any that go to 75lbs and has such a long seatback.

Lila
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Ugh. You guys are validating my concerns about the Si. Now my DH put reflective tape on it already!

It just looks so good and my daughter loves sitting in it and looking around. It was such a big deal to buy - took DH to BBRUS, begged him (even though he said don't get it), my mother contributed money, I had a coupon. DH set it up for me early one morning and left it at my desk and I was so excited! :(

I lasted two trips.

The BJCE was the stroller I registered for after getting advice from you guys. DH set it up, we went out in it once (she was still little) and I HATED how huge it was. I was MORTIFIED by how huge it was.

I don't want to offend anyone; I'm sure it's a great stroller, but it's FREAKIN HUGE.

Here's the thing ... I don't go to malls. I do nothing indoors that I can't walk to. I go to NYC, Central Park, long walks, walk to the grocery store, and then navigate through restaurant tables (may not any longer be possible) and she naps in her stroller (the babysitter gets her to take a nap in it b/c she won't take a nap unless she is rocked in it - so I loved the recline on the Si.

But I HATE the ride on it. It's not going to work for me. I was considering the aria, the bumbleride indie or flyer, and a few others, but just forced myself to make a decision b/c I figured if I already have the BJCE, I need something lightweight.

The BJCE is not something I want to throw in my trunk and drive and go for a walk with. It's not something I want to navigate Whole Foods or the Wine shop with.

Wah!

arivecchi
05-04-2010, 05:28 PM
What about selling both and getting a Vista? Now I understand why you think the BJCE is huge if you are in the city. With a Vista you can probably navigate indoor spaces better and have a smoother ride without the large footprint of an AT stroller. I actually use my Mac Triumph when I go somewhere indoors. Yes, it's a bumpy ride outdoors but it's the only stroller that fits easily in restaurants and narrow stores near us. For all outdoor activities, we use the Valco Trimode and the Baby Jogger City Classic Double. Maybe it's different here, but tons of people have large AT strollers in Chicago. We need those given our snowy long winters.

You can also look at the Micralite Toro, the Valco Latitude and Mountain Buggy Swift.

Jelly Bean
05-04-2010, 05:34 PM
What about selling both and getting a Vista? Now I understand why you think the BJCE is huge if you are in the city. With a Vista you can probably navigate indoor spaces better and have a smoother ride without the large footprint of an AT stroller. I actually use my Mac Triumph when I go somewhere indoors. Yes, it's a bumpy ride outdoors but it's the only stroller that fits easily in restaurants and narrow stores near us. For all outdoor activities, we use the Valco Trimode and the Baby Jogger City Classic Double. Maybe it's different here, but tons of people have large AT strollers in Chicago. We need those given our snowy long winters.

You can also look at the Micralite Toro, the Valco Latitude and Mountain Buggy Swift.

I was also going to suggest the Vista. There have only been a couple places I've been to where the wheel base was wide and I had to ask people to scoot their chairs or I just didn't walk through that part. It's not as smooth as an air tire stroller, but I love the other features of it enough to overcome that issue - HUGE basket, reversible seat, great design, can add a rumble seat later (I know there is some debate on whether that's a good feature or not, and I'll find out when I have #2) and just isn't as "huge" as a BJCE (I know what you mean - I have one that I bought from a friend for a steal before DD was born). For what you've described (especially shopping), you will love it. I even take mine to the mall when I'm going for anything longer than a quick errand.

Lila
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Arivecchi,

I think Vista's are big too. Ugh.

I don't actually live in the city but a town that I walk around a lot and will be making trips to the city to walk around - my point, I guess, is that I'm outdoor person (not mall) so I want something with a smooth ride that I can have a good basket, recline, canopy.

Before I bought the Si, this was my narrowed down list. What are your thoughts based on what I've said?

Aprica (I'm liking the look of this but I haven't test-driven)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4033645

Si (which I'm leaning toward, but a little worried about the basket situation. Everyone's telling me it's not an issue on the 2010, but the one I test drove at BBRUS was a 2010, and the basket has a brochure in it and it was dragging on the floor!)

Ingesina Swift (I haven't looked at it in person, but I don't think I'd like the canopy - dd needs a lot of shade esp. when taking naps - or else she'd just stare at everything.)

Zooper Twist (again, haven't test driven, but not sure how this would be better than a Si)
http://www.amazon.com/Zooper-Twist-S.../dp/B002AS9MG8

Bumbleride Flite - Need to test drive. Anyone have one?

Lila
05-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Okay, forget the aprica! It doesn't recline!

mrsjde
05-04-2010, 06:54 PM
What about a Bug Bee?

Good recline, canopy, basket and ride.

Lila
05-04-2010, 06:58 PM
I should probably mention that I can't afford a $700 stroller (vista or bugaboo)

mrsjde
05-04-2010, 07:03 PM
The Bee is $529-- and some have mentioned seeing them cheaper.

salsah
05-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I should probably mention that I can't afford a $700 stroller (vista or bugaboo)

if you find a stroller that will work for you, try to find it used (or a great deal on new one, maybe a previous yr model) and you can sell your current strollers to help fund it.

AnnieW625
05-04-2010, 09:23 PM

My friend who splits her time between three cities, DC, Philly, and NYC (her hubby works in politics) loves her Micralite Toro.

I live in the burbs of LA and I love taking my jogger into the neighborhood store, but it's a larger supermarket so the aisles are wider like in whole foods, but it would be way too much for a wine shop, Trader Joes, or smaller neighborhood style market.

I would personally keep the Si as a trunk stroller as I think once your DD gets bigger you'll really appreciate having a larger umbrella style stroller for trips, and wouldn't the Si be good for the subway (friend in NYC loves her Quest for that though).

Our Maclaren has always been our do everything except neighborhood long walk stroller and we do love it so I think having the option to go all terrain or umbrella is a great option.

We do love our Vista and I have noticed that with infants/toddlers at the mall it's becoming a very popular choice, just like the Bugaboo Frog/Cameleon is too, but both strollers are great for outdoor use too so if you really want to keep it down to one stroller then I would definitely look at the Vista.

arivecchi
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I would sell one or both strollers you have to fund the purchase of a new one that works for your lifestyle. If the Vista is too big, I'd look at the Micralite Toro and maybe the Maclaren Techno. It is hard to find everything you want in one stroller, so you will have to prioritize your needs. For instance, it is hard to get a small footprint stroller and a large basket or a light stroller and air tires (which is how I ended up with 3 strollers :tongue5:). Also, check CL every day. You could find a great deal there. GL!

Lila
05-04-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm still surprised no one is telling me just to trade it all in for a BJCM... Hmm...

jacksmoma
05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
i am! bjcm is a great only stroller....i hate to have so too many strollers just sitting around when one can do the job for sure!

zag95
05-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I'd use the BJCE a few more times- I have a BJCC single and I don't think it is that big- then again I am almost 6 ft tall, so to me, it seems proportionate. I would say that if you really want to use a stroller for walks, etc, as many posters have already mentioned, you probably are going to need an AT type stroller- and in my opinion, the BJ is one of the best-

GL on resolving your issue!

salsah
05-05-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm still surprised no one is telling me just to trade it all in for a BJCM... Hmm...

it may be a good compromise for you but i'm not sure if it will be much better than the si. although i just re-read and your original post and noticed that you mentioned using a snap n go. were you happy with that? are your complaints with the si that the basket isn't big enough, it is rickety, and the sunshade is too small?
if so, and you were happy using the snap n go, then yes, get a bjcm.

TwoBees
05-05-2010, 08:23 AM

Well, I was planning to, but I didn't want to complicate things...

arivecchi
05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Well, a BJCM will not solve the too-big of a stroller issue or the bumpy ride issue. There are many places near where I live in the city where only umbrella strollers fit. The BJCM is not great for PT either. That is why IMO the best combo is a two-stroller combo, but since you are not happy with your combo, I'd probably do a small AT stroller (no bumpy rides) and a good baby carrier for small city stores/PT, etc.

TwoBees
05-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Well, a BJCM will not solve the too-big of a stroller issue or the bumpy ride issue. There are many places near where I live in the city where only umbrella strollers fit. The BJCM is not great for PT either. That is why IMO the best combo is a two-stroller combo, but since you are not happy with your combo, I'd probably do a small AT stroller (no bumpy rides) and a good baby carrier for small city stores/PT, etc.

While I agree that the BJCM would not be great for PT, I have to disagree with the smoothness of the ride. It's not a smooth as an air-tire stroller, but I think it is plenty smooth for sidewalks and the occasional brick/smoother cobblestone walkways.

I have noticed a bit of trouble in stores with clothing racks that are too close together, but I just find another way around (or move things out of the way).

Lila
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Ugh. Sorry, what's PT?

So a lot of people would agree that the BJCE is one of the best AT strollers?

Sigh. I'm still confused.

To the person who asked if I loved my snap and go ... YES! YES! YES!

It was not rickety at all. the basket was phenomenal (tons of groceries) and the sun canopy great!

So in that case, what do you recommend? I'd take that anywhere and everywhere - on a subway, in a store, in a restaurant, to the store, on a long walk, to a day in the city... it was the perfect everything stroller for me. I need something just like it! (The Graco Snap and Go and the car seat with the snugride 32) ... that's what I want!!

arivecchi
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
PT = Public transportation

Lila
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh, thanks. PT isn't really in my travels. Very very very rarely.

arivecchi
05-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Just as an FYI, I just saw that diapers.com has a promotion for the Mountain Buggy Swift. They give you a free travel crib valued at $200 with that stroller!

TwoBees
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh, thanks. PT isn't really in my travels. Very very very rarely.

Lila, did you check CL for a BJCM? If you don't use PT, I think it would be a great stroller for you. I do find that the basket is hard if not impossible to reach from the back, but I can get stuff in it from the sides.

Lila
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Would I get a mountain buggy swift *instead of* what I have now?

Can I do this in an all-in-one stroller?

I just want a snap and go! :(

Micralite toro has some nutty reviews that I can't seem to get past.

Is the BJCM an AT?

TwoBees
05-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Is the BJCM an AT?

No, not technically, but I think it is fine for the sidewalk, the street, and occasional brick paths.

Suzanne74
05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
If you want just one stroller, you are going to have to decide what features you want the most. It seems like a smaller stroller and a big basket are your highest needs and the BJCM isn't the best for either of these things.

If you liked the snap-n-go so much, why not just get a Graco Metrolite? It has a pretty small footprint and has a huge basket for your groceries.

There is also a new stroller called the First Years Indigo that is getting great reviews on Amazon. Looks to have a great parent console and since the seat is up so high (like the snap n go) you have a ton of clearance for groceries.

TwoBees
05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
There is also a new stroller called the First Years Indigo that is getting great reviews on Amazon. Looks to have a great parent console and since the seat is up so high (like the snap n go) you have a ton of clearance for groceries.

Eep! That looks like an awesome stroller! The only thing turning me off is the weight...

Lila
05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Well, groceries are important but so is it being light weight, a good canopy, good recline and most of all I can *walk anywhere with it and not have it be so rickety!

arivecchi
05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
There is also a new stroller called the First Years Indigo that is getting great reviews on Amazon. Looks to have a great parent console and since the seat is up so high (like the snap n go) you have a ton of clearance for groceries. Nice! I wonder how well it rides.

Lila
05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Wow. That looks a lot like the snap and go - we can see it reclines, decent canopy and basket? But .. yeah, how much does it way/how does it fold/how does it ride!

Multimama
05-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I think you (the OP) should check out the Bumbleride Indie. It is a lot like the BJCE but narrower and with a much more accessible basket. Plus cuter! And I *think* also lighter.

salsah
05-05-2010, 07:42 PM
if you loved your snap and go so much, and hate your bjce so much, then maybe we shouldn't recommend AT strollers. honestly, i think you will prefer AT strollers for walking a lot, especially as your dc gets heavier. check out the indie and the swift, but if you don't like those, i would just go for the bjcm.

Lila
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I may keep the BJCE - I think so. but I'm just so disappointed in the Si and the First Years Indigo really looks like what I've been looking for (a snap and go replacement) if the basket is good, the ride is smooth and it's lightweight enough.

poohbear
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Wow. That looks a lot like the snap and go - we can see it reclines, decent canopy and basket? But .. yeah, how much does it way/how does it fold/how does it ride!

Looks like it weighs 22lbs (a bit hefty) and the fold looks like it may require you to remove the seat.(could be a serious PITB) Other than that it looks like a pretty cool stroller for $125 (and according to one reviewer includes a car-seat adapter bar?).

Lila
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Hmmm... so I wonder how that compares to the Indie or Swift...

Lila
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Sooo. here we go again

Zooper Twist (again, haven't test driven, but not sure how this would be better than a Si)

Bumbleride Indie - same as above

Graco Metrolite

Mtn Buggy Swift

First Years Indigo

I guess I need to compare details on these.

Multimama
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
The Indigo doesn't have air tires or anything close to resembling air tires, as far as I know, so I don't think it will compare to the Indie or Swift at all in terms of the ride, but it might be good enough for you if you don't want the kind of smooth ride you get with the BJCE. Ultimately I think you have to decide what features are most important because no stroller has it all. Air tires weigh more and strollers built to be AT will usually be bigger/bulkier.

The Flite isn't out yet, so no one will be able to give you firsthand info on that one.

Lila
05-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Oh, maybe it's not the flite... but it's not the indie... was there another one? My friend had it.

And what kind of tires are on the snap and go? It's not rickety at all, but maybe that's because of all the weight from the carseat+baby?

Multimama
05-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh, maybe it's not the flite... but it's not the indie... was there another one? My friend had it.

And what kind of tires are on the snap and go? It's not rickety at all, but maybe that's because of all the weight from the carseat+baby?

You're probably thinking of the Bumbleride Flyer.

I think the rickety you're talking about is just a Peg Perego thing. All their strollers feel like that to me. They have a lot of plastic and they don't feel very stable. I don't think it's necessarily about the wheels in that case. Bad wheels just cause the problem to be more noticeable. But the Si is supposed to have pretty decent wheels, at least as good as a snap n go, I would expect.

Lila
05-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Oh, the Flyer. Yes...

I don't know about the wheels - the whole thing is just rickety; I feel like I have to strongly hold the handles for it not to be rickety!

salsah
05-06-2010, 01:55 AM

the snap and go has plastic wheels. i think that pegs are made to wiggle a little, they have some give, like sky scrapers that are made to sway in an earthquake. i'm wondering if your complaint about the si isn't that it is a bumpy ride (because it should be smoother than the snap n go) but just that the frame has a loose feel to it. if you want something smoother than the si, you need an AT (there may be a few non-AT strollers that are about the same smoothness of the si). but if it isn't the smoothness (you thought that the snap n go was smooth enough?), and it is just the loose feel of the peg frame, then you can consider other strollers with plastic wheels.

salsah
05-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Sooo. here we go again

Bumbleride Indie - same as above

Graco Metrolite

Mtn Buggy Swift

First Years Indigo

I guess I need to compare details on these.

you need to decide first if you want bigger wheels and air tires or if you just want a more solid feeling frame. the indie and swift are not comparable to others on your list. i wouldn't take the bjcm off your list yet. i would also add the flyer (if you spend a lot of time out with the stroller, a reversible seat would be nice).

Multimama
05-06-2010, 07:03 AM
the snap and go has plastic wheels. i think that pegs are made to wiggle a little, they have some give, like sky scrapers that are made to sway in an earthquake. i'm wondering if your complaint about the si isn't that it is a bumpy ride (because it should be smoother than the snap n go) but just that the frame has a loose feel to it. if you want something smoother than the si, you need an AT (there may be a few non-AT strollers that are about the same smoothness of the si). but if it isn't the smoothness (you thought that the snap n go was smooth enough?), and it is just the loose feel of the peg frame, then you can consider other strollers with plastic wheels.

Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say. If you want something smoother than the Si you have to get something with air tires like your BJCE (or the Indie or the Swift), but if you liked your Snap n Go then probably the wheels aren't really your main problem and you would be happy with a different stroller brand (less shaky frame) with the same type of plastic wheels. (The benefit of plastic wheels is that strollers that have them are usually smaller and lighter, at least those on your list are.)

Just for the record, I don't think the Pegs actually *are* unstable, but I know they can feel that way when they are bumping along. For some stroller brands this is part of the design. The frame is designed to absorb some of the shock of the ride so that the child doesn't have to. These kind of frames help to keep a stroller lightweight without creating an uncomfortable ride. But if you're not comfortable with it as the stroller pusher then look for something else.

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Good point, multimama! OP, I wouldn't sell your BJCE. You should try to use it for a while and see if you get over the "it's too big" idea. I use the BJCEDouble as my everyday stroller - well, when we go places. The Mini Double is nice, but I find that with more weight (as your kids age and you carry stuff) it becomes harder to push than the air tires are. You get used to a slightly larger and more useful stroller when you realize how much better it is to push, how easy it is to fold as compared with some of the others, etc.

lorinick
05-06-2010, 07:31 AM
The BJCM isn't great for dirt but for a paved road or trail it's great. I use it often for walking a few miles on the street and paved walking trails. I feel the ride is smooth. I see how air tires would be great and the ride would be smoothier, but I love the lightness and weight of the mini. It fits my life and my car. My son is comfy and will nap in the stroller when walking. Also use the mini at the zoo all the time as well. I have not one bad thing to say about the stroller. I don't take PT often but have used it on the train. I didn't feel it was that much harder than my Mac Quest.

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Ultimately I think you have to decide what features are most important because no stroller has it all.
:yeahthat:

Lila
05-06-2010, 09:43 AM
In response to Salsah: Yes, that's a good point - it is maybe the looseness of the frame. The snap and go didn't have that.

But it is still bumpy. Like if you went "ahhhhhhh" while you were riding it in your voice would be all bumpy. So I don't know what to say about that - but maybe I just want a solid feeling frame.

Here's the list then:

Zooper Twist

Bumbleride Flyer -

Bumbleride Indie -

Graco Metrolite

Mtn Buggy Swift

First Years Indigo

BJCM

----Everyone keeps saying I can't have it all. I know this. I don't know if a good recline, ltweight, good fold, decent basket and canopy and non-rickety/bumpy ride is too much to ask for?

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 09:53 AM
----Everyone keeps saying I can't have it all. I know this. I don't know if a good recline, ltweight, good fold, decent basket and canopy and non-rickety/bumpy ride is too much to ask for?

I have an idea. Take those criteria above, and list them in order of importance, #1 being the most important, and #6 being the least. Maybe we can help that way.

Also, you said you do mostly suburban but outdoor walking, rarely a mall, but sometimes a large city or all-terrain, right? Just trying to recap here.

Jelly Bean
05-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I have an idea. Take those criteria above, and list them in order of importance, #1 being the most important, and #6 being the least. Maybe we can help that way.

Also, you said you do mostly suburban but outdoor walking, rarely a mall, but sometimes a large city or all-terrain, right? Just trying to recap here.

Agreed - And I would take off the zooper twist. A friend of mine just bought it and brought it on vacation and she said it was "just ok" - hard to push, can't push one handed, both she and her husband don't feel the handles are tall enough.

I absolutely love the BJCM - love the price, love the canopy, pocket on the back, big basket (not super easy to get to from the back, but ok from the sides, can easily push one handed, has a much smoother ride outside than the Si (I tested both at a store that lets you take strollers outside) and absolutely no rickety-ness whatsoever. We took ours on vacation to Florida and walked on sidewalks, streets, paved paths through the botanical gardens, etc. And was a piece of cake to take on the plane with a BJ travel bag.

Jelly Bean
05-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Agreed - And I would take off the zooper twist. A friend of mine just bought it and brought it on vacation and she said it was "just ok" - hard to push, can't push one handed, both she and her husband don't feel the handles are tall enough.

I absolutely love the BJCM - love the price, love the canopy, pocket on the back, big basket (not super easy to get to from the back, but ok from the sides, can easily push one handed, has a much smoother ride outside than the Si (I tested both at a store that lets you take strollers outside) and absolutely no rickety-ness whatsoever. We took ours on vacation to Florida and walked on sidewalks, streets, paved paths through the botanical gardens, etc. And was a piece of cake to take on the plane with a BJ travel bag.

Sorry, one more thing - you can hang bags off the handle with Mommy Hooks and the stroller will not tip! I also bring a backpack when I'm out all day or going for a long walk - I can get so much stuff in there, including my Ergo.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I have an idea. Take those criteria above, and list them in order of importance, #1 being the most important, and #6 being the least. Maybe we can help that way.:yeahthat:

Suzanne74
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Honestly, you really need to go to a baby superstore that has most of these in stock. If you are near NYC, there has to be plenty within an hour drive for you. It may seem cumbersome to drive an 1hr+ to test strollers but think about all the time you spend on here not sure of your decision and you already have 2 strollers you might be regretting which will be a loss of money for you too.

I am 20min outside of DC and have access to all these strollers but the Indigo. It is just a matter of finding out what stores sell what strollers. Get a pad and paper, do some internet research, store locators, manufacturers websites, and then make some phone calls. Once you find a store that has most of them, make a weekend day of it. Bring the baby and I guarantee you will have a better idea of what you want.

You don't want to go by all of our points of views for your decision. As you can see different people like different things. It is your child, your life, your stroller. It won't be the same as anyone else.

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree!

Do you have a buybuybaby near you?

Lila
05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for your help! I dont drive much so I don't go to those big superstores. I'd rather narrow some stuff down first, see prices, double check, then spend a little time running over to a store.

In order of importance:

1. a smooth ride - at least smoother than the rickety frame of the si
2. must recline
3. decent basket
4. lightweight
5. Good canopy
6. Easy fold

Updated list:

Bumbleride Flyer -

Bumbleride Indie -

Graco Metrolite

Mtn Buggy Swift

First Years Indigo

BJCM

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 03:46 PM
What is your max spend?

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
In order of importance:

1. a smooth ride - at least smoother than the rickety frame of the si
2. must recline
3. decent basket
4. lightweight
5. Good canopy
6. Easy fold You've just described the BJCM. :)

Jelly Bean
05-06-2010, 04:02 PM
You've just described the BJCM. :)

Price is great and diapers.com will let you return it if you don't like it. So many people on these boards can't be wrong :cheerleader1:

Lila
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. But then what do I do about the BJCE? Trade them both in?

I'm taking my BJCE out today as soon as DD wakes up.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Sell the Si for sure and get a BJCM (I'd get it from diapers.com since they have free returns and arrange for pickups). Once you get it, I would then determine whether you still need the BJCE.

Jelly Bean
05-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. But then what do I do about the BJCE? Trade them both in?

I'm taking my BJCE out today as soon as DD wakes up.

I'd give the BJCE one more chance before deciding. But don't sell it until you have tried out the BJCM from diapers.com.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
I feel like I MUST help you make a decision. This thread is torturing me!!!! :hysterical:

Lila
05-06-2010, 04:21 PM
arivecchi, then tell me this.

Why the BJCM over the others on my list? Esp. the swift or indie? (or even the graco)??? :wink2:

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Don't know about the Graco (I'm not a fan in general of their strollers), but given all you've said, you might find the Swift and Indie too big/bulky for your taste. Plus the BJCM meets all of your criteria to a T.

Lila
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I loved it in the store, but DH said, "we don't want a jack of all trades and master of nothing." Thanks to him, I think I plunged myself into this despair! I really would have just gotten that and been happy. I'll take the BJCE for a drive today and then see how it feels. Is the BJCM significantly smaller? (They didn't have one in store to compare).

And, yeah, I'd probably want the smaller v.s the bigger and if that's what I described to a T then, well, guess it's meant to be!

Thanks for sticking with me!! :D

PRmommy
05-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I loved it in the store, but DH said, "we don't want a jack of all trades and master of nothing." Thanks to him, I think I plunged myself into this despair! I really would have just gotten that and been happy. I'll take the BJCE for a drive today and then see how it feels. Is the BJCM significantly smaller? (They didn't have one in store to compare).

And, yeah, I'd probably want the smaller v.s the bigger and if that's what I described to a T then, well, guess it's meant to be!

Thanks for sticking with me!! :D

I wouldn't consider the BJCM a master of nothing. It has one of the best reclines, best canopies, and hands down, best fold. It's considerably smaller than the Elite. I think you'll be pleased. Although, my only hesitation is the basket. It'll never compare to the SnG size.

Lila
05-06-2010, 04:39 PM
So I'll sell my Si for sure. Might have someone interested already on Stroller Swap (do people actually "swap"?) and then will do a BJCE test run, though I think I'm going to be happier with a Mini. I don't see why I need that HUGE thing.

And with the Mini, can I add whatever that thing is in the back that hangs from the handles? Like some extra storage?

jacksmoma
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
just get the mini, sounds like you really want it! get the sunshine kids caddy ($8 on amazon/diapers.com) for drinks, keys, etc. the mini is soooo much smaller and lighter yet same size seat as the mini (1" shorter seatback). you'll love it!

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 05:05 PM
You've just described the BJCM. :)

Lila
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Well, of course the green (which is what I would want is temp sold out on both Diapers and BBRUS - will check amazon, but probably best to do diapers - plus I hope I can catch the 10 % off).

I should be able to get a good price for my Si considering it's brand new, and if I decide to sell the BJCE too... (used it once - and will try it again today)

Suzanne74
05-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't consider the BJCM a master of nothing. It has one of the best reclines, best canopies, and hands down, best fold. It's considerably smaller than the Elite. I think you'll be pleased. Although, my only hesitation is the basket. It'll never compare to the SnG size.

I agree. You will never ever get groceries in that basket without smushing them in thru the side and unless the BJCM is different from the BJCE, you can not hang anything off the handle.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I hang grocery/drugstore bags off my BJCCD with the stroller swivelers. Not tons of stuff, but a fair amount.

Lila
05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Well, at this point, would I get a better basket with any of my other choices on my list? And, if so, what am I trading it in for?

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 05:34 PM
The basket seems big enough to me.

http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7633494/102181

I would order one from diapers.com and call it a day. :D

salsah
05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Well, at this point, would I get a better basket with any of my other choices on my list? And, if so, what am I trading it in for?

performance.

don't choose a stroller based on accessories alone. you want to get a good quality frame, nice seat, good wheels for your needs. then if you need a bigger canopy, add a rayshade. if you need more storage, add saddlebags and hooks to hang bags from the handle. need a parent cup holder or console, buy an after market one.

Lila
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Seems to me the BJCM is a good frame/seat/wheels... and the rest I guess I'll have to make due.

salsah
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
arivecchi, then tell me this.

Why the BJCM over the others on my list? Esp. the swift or indie? (or even the graco)??? :wink2:

not arivecchi, but i agree. for anyone else, i would put the swift and indie at the top of the list. but you like your snap n go so much and hate bjce so much, that i can't recommend an AT for you. i'm not a graco fan so i can't say anything about the metrolite other than that i know that there are some people here who love it and if you love your snap and go, you just might like it too.
i don't anything about the indigo, so can't comment there. i don't have any experience with the flyer either, but i like that it is reversible and that the steering is improved in the newer models. this may be a good option for you too. have you compared the dimensions and weights on these strollers yet? you may be able to cross some off your list just by comparing the specs (if some are too heavy, wide, long, etc.).

have you checked out any of the valco strollers? the latitude, ion, or quad? the latitude is comparable to the mini (i think) and the basket looks huge.

salsah
05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Seems to me the BJCM is a good frame/seat/wheels... and the rest I guess I'll have to make due.

and good canopy and good weight and good fold. all that is left is the storage.

Lila
05-06-2010, 06:05 PM
and good canopy and good weight and good fold. all that is left is the storage.

Ah, well, maybe I need to get a backpack:D

IDK, I mean, I can't drive myself crazy! Haha (I just did!) But would I trade all that in for a better basket??

Multimama
05-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I can see what everybody else is saying, and it's not that I disagree, but somehow I personally can't wrap my head around the idea of something without air tires for someone who does as much walking with their stroller as you do. I feel that as your child gets bigger and heavier you're going to wish you had those air tires back if you sell the BJCE. Plus for people who shop without a car the basket *really* matters and the BJ basket is such a pain.

And I don't know how small is small enough to make you happy with the size of it. I own the BJCE and when I saw the Indie in a store I instantly wished I bought that instead. It has a significantly narrower more maneuverable frame and the basket is so much more accessible. (I have a 2009 BJCE, don't know if yours is the 2010 with the better basket.) Plus it's just cuter. :) I could see how a person could be unhappy with the BJCE and happy with the Indie and I guess I just love the air tires for long walks.

But there's no harm in trying the BJCM. If you love that then great, you saved yourself some money and weight over the air tires options.

poohbear
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Well, of course the green (which is what I would want is temp sold out on both Diapers and BBRUS - will check amazon, but probably best to do diapers - plus I hope I can catch the 10 % off).

I should be able to get a good price for my Si considering it's brand new, and if I decide to sell the BJCE too... (used it once - and will try it again today)

Baby Jogger had a shortage, but shipped some out to diapers.com last week - they got a few of the black in a few days ago and then quickly sold out (a friend of mine was able to snag one). They will be shipping more out in the next few weeks. If you're not in a huge hurry, I'd wait, they'll get more in supposedly by mid-June at the latest...
Otherwise I think albeebaby has them in stock...
FWIW - if you live near Chicago - the Bed Bath and Beyond at Gurnee Mills carries them in store and they take 20% off coupons on Baby Jogger. I'm not sure if any other BBBs carry baby items in store...

Multimama
05-06-2010, 08:59 PM
FWIW - if you live near Chicago - the Bed Bath and Beyond at Gurnee Mills carries them in store and they take 20% off coupons on Baby Jogger. I'm not sure if any other BBBs carry baby items in store...

I thought BBB coupons excluded Baby Jogger? I was just there a few weeks ago wanting to buy a rain cover...

poohbear
05-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I thought BBB coupons excluded Baby Jogger? I was just there a few weeks ago wanting to buy a rain cover...

I think the coupons say they do, but I have used coupons on Baby Jogger accessories there. I don't know what they do at other BBBs, but at this one, they don't seem to mind... I think YMMV. I don't know which other BBBs carry baby items...

lorinick
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
You will love the BJCM. It's so great. I have a Graco Meto light as well. Purchased as a travel system. I loved the Metro light as did many other people I know. I can think of many plus about the stroller. But it's not as great as my Mini. Such a great stroller. Almost perfect.

Lila
05-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Multimamma, thanks for understanding! It's true, I do walk a lot. And here I sit with the two would-be perfect strollers, if they could just somehow mate! :hysterical:

I want the size of the Si, and the seat... my DD LOVES sitting upright, putting her hands on the bar, kicking her legs up on the bar when she's in recline. I love the canopy ...

But the BJCE with it's wonderful ride and smoothness and all across/adjustable handle bar ... (both have decent baskets - the BJCE is better) (both have good canopies) .... BUT the BJCE seat - and I only realized this after taking her in her second ride in it - really doesn't go upright. It stinks for her b/c she kind of can't see out of it (she's 8.5 months and loves to sit up and look out) it's too far back.

But I guess that's a small thing?

Do the indie or flyer have more upright positions than the BJCE?

Gosh, just give me the seat features of the Si (and it's size) with the smooth ride (and basket) of the BJCE! (both canopies seem about equal) ...!!

The Flyer is interesting me... It looks a lot like the Si (which I do like overall, with the exception of the ricketyness) but it has the one bar across (whatever you call it) which seems like it would make for a strudier frame - not the two rattley handles of the si. Oh, but people on Amazon are saying steering sucks.

Well, I think that BBRUS has those bumblerides, the Graco and the BJCM, so perhaps I can test it all out...

Multimama
05-07-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm not sure about the Indie, but the Bumbleride has a *very* upright seat when it's fully upright. Older kids seem to really like it for that reason. You might really like the Flyer. I was looking at it the other day and it's very compact for all its features. No air tires though and the fold is kind of a PITA, but I really love the reversible handle feature.

Oh, also I wouldn't listen to the people on Amazon about the steering. Older models had bad steering, but it's supposed to have improved a lot. If you buy a new one I think you'll find the steering is good, although usually people still prefer the steering without the handle reversed. (Note: I don't actually own a Flyer, but this is just what I've read about the steering.)

Suzanne74
05-07-2010, 10:03 AM
If you don't like the seat in the BJCE, then you will hate the seat in the BJCM. The seat is much less firm and smaller and does not sit upright at all.

I love my Flyer and DD8mo wants nothing to do with the other strollers. The seat is a 90 degree angle when upright and she loves it. I love that I can switch the handlebar to change directions. I do this often on walks to avoid the sun in whatever direction. It has a great basket too with lots of clearance. No parent console though. My only major issue with it is the bulky fold. It is easy to fold - just press both buttons on the side. But when in fold, it is just bulk and a PIA to take in and out of the car. But... that is the compromise because of the reverse handlebar. It is 19lbs so it isn't super heavy. As for the steering, they changed the frame/wheels in 2008 or 2009 and is much better.

I haven't found a store except some specialties that sell the Flyer in stock. I bought mine on CL.

arivecchi
05-07-2010, 11:54 AM
:confused: The seats in my BJCCD are pretty upright.

salsah
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
here you go: your top contenders are the mini for a non-AT, and the indie and swift for AT (most of us agree that for walking as much as you do, you'll want air tires, especially as the baby gets heavier). here are the stats (i assume that you can measure your current strollers to compare):

mini:
weighs 16.5 pounds
24" wide
34" long
full recline, great canopy, great fold, small storage

swift:
weight: 21.5
width: 25″ (if you can remove the hubcaps, it will be 3" narrower)
length: 32.5″
AT, full recline, average canopy, easy fold, good storage

indie:
weight: 22
width: 24.5"
length: 37"
AT, recline (but not completely flat), big canopy, average storage

are you willing to also consider any of the valco strollers?

Multimama
05-07-2010, 01:51 PM
:confused: The seats in my BJCCD are pretty upright.

That's weird. The BJCE seat is pretty reclined and kind of saggy, a lot of people complain about it.

Lila
05-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, if the BJCM seat is anything like the one on the BJCE, I wouldn't be happy with it - well, it's not me! It's her. She's curious and loves to look around and she was oddly strapped "down" in it when we were walking through the grocery store. Maybe they have to be like that in an AT? It's safer so they're not all bobbing around? What do you guys think?

I do like the BJCE otherwise - aside from that and how big it feels to me. It prob. would be great for long walks for exercise... so now is there an AT that's a little smaller with a better, more upright seat? (Or am I then trading in storage, handling, etc.)?

Salsah - which Valco? I think I remember crossing them off my list, but now I forget why.

Suzanne - what is the Flyer like in term of smoothness/handling for walks on pavement, sidewalks, grass?

WatchingThemGrow
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Why don't you just get her a belly bar for the BJCE so she can pull up? My DC sometimes sit up in it, even though we don't have one. Glad you liked it a little better once you took it out.
Yes, you're right about trading in storage, handling, fold, console, and canopy for another type of A/T.

Lila
05-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I mean, that's my only issue with the BJCE and I can do a belly bar or just let her safely sit back if I want to do a good vigourous walk, but I really don't want to keep the Si .. it makes no sense for me to have it. I'd use it if it even remotely handled outside well, but it's SOOO rickety and I love her napping in it (inside the house) and that it's lightweight, but like I said, I don't do indoor stuff (malls, etc.) so what's the point for $250!?

Which brings me back to wanting an all-in-one stroller that she can 1 nap in 2 go out for rigourou walks in 3 shop at whole foods, put groceries in basket, etc. 4 take to NYC and spend the day walking around - hop on path train w/o pushing 20 people out of the way, etc.

WatchingThemGrow
05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Is a Mac Triumph okay for #4 and the BJCE for 1-3?

Multimama
05-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Lila, are you the poster who doesn't like Maclarens? We use a Blink (like a Mac Quest) and BJCE combo and do all the things you want to do, like WatchingYouGrow suggested, with either one or the other and it really works for us.

We honestly use the umbrella for grocery shopping most of the time. You put the really heavy stuff in the basket and it works because the basket is supported by the metal bars of the stroller frame. That also keeps the stroller from tipping so you can hang whatever you want on the handles too. Then we take a backpack.

I think *my* next stroller will be the Bumbleride Flyer, but a Mac/BJCE combo definitely works if you don't care about the parent-facing feature.

Lila
05-07-2010, 04:53 PM
multimama - yes, I guess I am that poster! :)

I didn't love the Macs. Is the Blink a Mac?

If you got a Flyer, what would it be for? I feel like I met my stroller soul match :) :heartbeat: Would it be the all-in-one or for another purpose?

So I think this is it. I really don't see why I'd give up the BJCE. I feels GREAT! And if I'm walking rigorously, I don't see why DD should be completely sitting up.

But then, yeah, we need the easy stroller she can have in the house to nap in, we can take for a quick walk to the store, or eat out at a restaurant that's not going to be a behemoth.

Multimama
05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I didn't love the Macs. Is the Blink a Mac?

The Blink is made by Britax not Maclaren so it's not a Mac. It also doesn't turn and push as smoothly as a Mac or tip over as easily. It is a lot cheaper and comes in pretty patterns. It comes with a travel bag instead of a rain cover. But it otherwise acts just like a Mac Quest with a few extra pounds of weight (17 lbs total) so if you don't like the overall style of a Mac you won't like the Blink either.

If you got a Flyer, what would it be for? I feel like I met my stroller soul match :) :heartbeat: Would it be the all-in-one or for another purpose?

I don't own a Flyer yet so I guess I have to see how well it pushes outside the store to know how much I would use it, but I love the reversible handle option, so if I had a Flyer I would probably use it for everything except long walks. The BJCE is just a dream for long walks. And I'd probably still use an umbrella for travel because I wouldn't want to have to worry about checking something expensive. It is nice to have a stroller with two handles for grocery shopping though, more places to hang stuff. With the Flyer I'd probably have to get some hooks for it.

salsah
05-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I do like the BJCE otherwise - aside from that and how big it feels to me. It prob. would be great for long walks for exercise... so now is there an AT that's a little smaller with a better, more upright seat? (Or am I then trading in storage, handling, etc.)?

did you see the dimensions that i posted for the swift and indie? since i know that you want something smaller than the bjce, i thought you could compare those dimensions to the dimensions of the bjce to see if they are small enough for you. i think that the storage on the swift is better, if the seat is like the urban, it will be more upright than the bj (imo), and i trust that because it is a mb, it should handle great. it seems like a great option for compact AT. the fold is easy, relatively compact, and i think it even stands folded.

Lila
05-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I had originally wanted parent-facing, but after reading about the trouble steering and "stickiness" of wheel (?) on the flyer's parent-facing feature, it doesn't seem like such a good deal. Not sure though; of course, haven't tested it -

Lila
05-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Salsah! Yes I did! Thank you!!!

I'm going to check them out. Gonna test drive!

salsah
05-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Salsah - which Valco? I think I remember crossing them off my list, but now I forget why.

i don't know much about valco's but i suggested them because i think that they have big baskets and good canopies.
the latitude is like the mini but i think that it is heavier yet smaller.
the trimode and the matrix are AT, i think that the matrix is smaller (like the swift or indie)
the quad is a 4 wheel stroller in between a true at and a non-at (large rear wheels, small front wheels), similar in size to the swift, but heavier

i'm sure that there is someone here who can give you more info on them.

Multimama
05-07-2010, 07:17 PM
did you see the dimensions that i posted for the swift and indie? since i know that you want something smaller than the bjce, i thought you could compare those dimensions to the dimensions of the bjce to see if they are small enough for you. i think that the storage on the swift is better, if the seat is like the urban, it will be more upright than the bj (imo), and i trust that because it is a mb, it should handle great. it seems like a great option for compact AT. the fold is easy, relatively compact, and i think it even stands folded.

Yeah, I just read that Strollerqueen said the MB Swift is the smallest (or was it lightest? have to go back and look) stroller with air tires on the market. It did look really nice! I love strollers that stand when folded and the seat definitely looked upright.

Lila
05-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Hmm... Well then it's altogether possible that the swift could be an all-in-one?

salsah
05-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Hmm... Well then it's altogether possible that the swift could be an all-in-one?

if i did a lot of walking but needed something compact, i would probably go for the swift. i think that strollerqueen has a review of it on her site. if you haven't already, you should read it to see if it sounds like something you would like.

strollerqueen
05-08-2010, 03:28 AM
if i did a lot of walking but needed something compact, i would probably go for the swift. i think that strollerqueen has a review of it on her site. if you haven't already, you should read it to see if it sounds like something you would like.

TY! The Swift is fabulous! It really stands alone in it's class. :love5:

Lila
05-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey, Salsah - where did you find this info below? Can you replace the mini stats with the BJCE for me so I can compare? I think the mini is out at this point.

mini:
weighs 16.5 pounds
24" wide
34" long

swift:

indie:

strollerqueen
05-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, it's both. :thumbsup: Unless you can find the discontinued Easy Walker Classic.That is actually a little lighter. Great push (yes, I have one.) But tricky fold, wacky canopy, and wire basket that pops off when you fold it.

strollerqueen
05-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey, Salsah - where did you find this info below? Can you replace the mini stats with the BJCE for me so I can compare? I think the mini is out at this point.

mini:
weighs 16.5 pounds
24" wide
34" long

swift:

indie:

They sound like the stats from my site. I also have the Valco Ion, Latitude, and Quad, if you want to take a look at those. I don't have the BJ Elite, though.

strollerqueen
05-08-2010, 11:48 PM
They sound like the stats from my site. I also have the Valco Ion, Latitude, and Quad, if you want to take a look at those. I don't have the BJ Elite, though.

Oh, P.S. I did have the BJ Classic a while ago. That review is archived. It is bigger and heavier than all of the above, and the Elite is bigger and heavier than the Classic.

Multimama
05-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Can you replace the mini stats with the BJCE for me so I can compare?

Don't you own the BJCE? So you could just do the stats on that one yourself. I think that's what she was thinking.

BTW, I saw your post on StrollerSwap and you mentioned the Graco Metrolite??? Are you really considering that one?

Suzanne74
05-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Lila, I was outside at an ice-cream parlor today with the family and saw a Metrolite and thought of you and started checking it out. :ROTFLMAO:

I know it is considered a "cheapy" stroller but it really does have a lot of the things you want. It has a massive storage basket, a pretty small frame, good canopy, parent console, and similar if not better wheels then your Snap N Go. The seat sits pretty upright too and is firm. Better then most AT strollers which tend to have a reclined seat that are hammock like.

I almost think you should sell the Si, get a Metrolite and save the BJCE for when your child gets bigger and you want the big tires and big seat.

Either that or sell both and get an Indie or Swift and call it a day.

salsah
05-09-2010, 12:40 AM
They sound like the stats from my site.

yes, they are! Thank you strollerqueen. i started by going to manufacturers' websites and then i realized that i should check to see if you have the real stats. i only trust your stats.

salsah
05-09-2010, 12:44 AM
yes, they are! Thank you strollerqueen. i started by going to manufacturers' websites and then i realized that i should check to see if you have the real stats. i only trust your stats.

oh yeah, you mentioned the dimensions of the swift w/o the hubcaps, does that mean that you can remove them? i was going to go check out my mbud's wheels but thought that it might be different than the swift.

Lila
05-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Strollerqueen, any reason you never got a BJCE?

Suzanne, you're on to something! Well, you're in my head. Def. selling the swift, now just trying to decide if I'll like a Graco (which, like you said, I think would be a good replacement for my beloved snap and go and serve that purpose).

Then I want to check out the Swift as either my one-and-only or a replacement for the BJCE or just keep the BJCE and get a metrolite. Some bad reviews on BBRUS for the metrolite that concern me - like the seat isn't upright enough, but I'm going to try to check them both out this week.

Thanks!

Lila
05-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Oh shoot. I actually don't know where I can check out the swift. :(
And just realized it doesn't have the same tires as the BJCE, so maybe not going to be my exercise stroller?

Multimama
05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't think either the Swift or BJCE are jogging strollers, but they both have air tires. In what way do you mean the tires are different?

If you decide to get a Metrolite look carefully at the model you pick. It's my understanding some models have better tires than others. (Some are pure plastic and some are rubbery, I'm sure you can do a search to find more info about it.)

Lila
05-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Someone on stroller swap said the tires were different on the Swift (not tires like the BJCE).

Rubber tires on the Metrolite would be better, right?

Any ideas where I can check out a swift in person? Don't see them at buy buy baby or bbrus.

Multimama
05-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Someone on stroller swap said the tires were different on the Swift (not tires like the BJCE).

I read that too, but I think that person was wrong. They said that the Swift has air tires and the BJCE does not. The air tires are what you want (or what most of us would want for lots of outdoor walking) and the BJCE definitely has them. The Swift must too based on what everyone has said (including that person on StrollerSwap).

Rubber tires on the Metrolite would be better, right? Yep, the rubber would be better.

Any ideas where I can check out a swift in person? Don't see them at buy buy baby or bbrus.

I don't know, but have you tried looking for retailers on the manufacturer's website?

TwoBees
05-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Lila, I was outside at an ice-cream parlor today with the family and saw a Metrolite and thought of you and started checking it out. :ROTFLMAO:

I know it is considered a "cheapy" stroller but it really does have a lot of the things you want. It has a massive storage basket, a pretty small frame, good canopy, parent console, and similar if not better wheels then your Snap N Go. The seat sits pretty upright too and is firm. Better then most AT strollers which tend to have a reclined seat that are hammock like.

I almost think you should sell the Si, get a Metrolite and save the BJCE for when your child gets bigger and you want the big tires and big seat.

Either that or sell both and get an Indie or Swift and call it a day.

This is a really good idea (the part about getting the metrolite and keeping the BJCE for later). It sounds like a really good, and inexpensive, compromise. I love the BJCM but I have been considering the metrolight as a car and shopping stroller...except now I'm intrigued by the FY Indigo (but that's another story entirely!)

PRmommy
05-09-2010, 08:06 PM
The new 2010 BJCE does NOT have air tires. They have foam filled tires. 2009 and before has air tires.

lorinick
05-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I have a Metro lite and really liked the stroller. I had no complaints except that I didn't like the harness. I never had problems with the seat. Basket was great and very easy to push. I have to say I love my BJCM better. Before I got the mini I used the Metro for outside walks and going to the zoo and my mac for the mall and quick car trips. Now I use the mini the most. Love that stroller. But you have the BJCE so you won't be unhappy with the metro.

Jelly Bean
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Lila, not to beat a dead horse but DH and DD and I went to Buy Buy Baby today because I was dying to try out the new Bee and while I was there I took the Si for a test drive (hadn't tested it since DD was born). You are so right about how rickety it felt! Before DD was born, DH wanted it so badly...he was annoyed when I got the Quest instead because he felt like the Si had so many more interesting features. Well today he admitted that he was so glad we got the Quest instead!

Now, about the Bee. I really liked it, but I can't justify $650. And maybe because it's new, but even the sales people had trouble figuring out the functionality. I know I would figure it out and it would probably become second nature, but I can't handle something so fussy right now. I love the one handed fold of the Quest...

...and of the BJCM we bought my parents. I tried out a bunch of strollers today just for fun and I compared everything to the Vista, Quest and BJCM (my lineup). For the money, for what you've described, I still think the BJCM is the best stroller for you. I talked to the sales people at BBB and they said the BOB and the BJCM have been their best sellers for years. It's what I always told DH when he wasn't (yet) sold on the Quest - there is a reason why everyone has a Maclaren! And there's a reason why everyone has a BJCM.

And I'm not sure if you travel a lot, but the BJCM was great for travel. We bought a travel bag for it and gate checked it. I was so happy to have that amazing sunshade in sunny Florida.

I'm not trying to make your head explode, but I'd definitely add it back on your list. And keep the BJCE for now as well. Especially when you mentioned exercise. It's not a true jogging stroller, but it's wonderful for fast walking, grass, parks, etc. If you can afford two strollers, the BJCM and BJCE really can't be beat!

Just my two cents...

Multimama
05-09-2010, 09:21 PM
The new 2010 BJCE does NOT have air tires. They have foam filled tires. 2009 and before has air tires.

I thought even the 2010 has air tires. They are those "forever air" tires that aren't supposed to deflate, but they are still air tires, right?

ETA: Lila, do you have the 2009 or 2010 BJCE? I somehow thought you had the 2009 anyway.

ehf
05-09-2010, 09:24 PM
I finally bought the 2010 Bee. Ridiculous price, but it's doing what I want it to do. I've had it in NYC for a weekend with my sister, Boston this weekend with my family for mother's day, the mall, our little downtown for errands, and a long walk down (and up) a hill to the post office and Whole Foods. My daughter falls asleep in it and enjoys playing with me while she's awake.

I'm hoping that the resale will be good on CL in a few years to help me with the price. In the meantime, I'm shocked at how easy it is to fold/unfold. It folds completely compactly, even after the salesperson said it couldn't do that (and caused me two days of aggravation and regret, thinking it would only half-fold with the seat reversed. Thank goodness I figured it out). I'm hoping that another glance at the directions and five minutes really inspecting the stroller will teach me the trick of reversing the seat quickly, which was a PITA the first and only time I tried it.

In any case, I know the price is HORRIBLE and it'll be ages before the 2010s start showing on CL and Ebay and the like, but I have to admit it's the stroller we all say we want--lightweight, reversible, with a suprisingly accessible basket and a relatively smooth ride (it's not all-terrain, but it handled a two hour walk around Central Park just fine).

We have a tiny house and no room to be storing multiple strollers. This is our solution--not perfect b/c of the price, but certainly my life has been MUCH easier for the past two weeks.

arivecchi
05-09-2010, 09:29 PM
This thread makes my head hurt. :dizzy: :ROTFLMAO:

Multimama
05-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Okay, I looked on the BJ website and they said:

"Forever-Air tire is a rubber tire inflated with a lightweight foam instead of air. This ensures the tire will not go flat with frequent use or rough terrain. The City Elite and City Select both feature Forever-Air tires."

So I guess the 2010 BJCE doesn't have air tires, which is confusing since they are called "forever-AIR tires."

But anyway, I think Lila thought that the *Swift* didn't have air tires unlike her BJCE because the poster on Swap said one doesn't have air tires and I think that Lila's BJCE does have air tires so she was thinking the Swift wouldn't be as good on uneven terrain/walks as the BJCE, which isn't the case since both her BJCE and the Swift have air tires.

But for any lurkers or other confused people it's true that the 2010 BJCE doesn't have air tires, despite the word air in the name.

WatchingThemGrow
05-09-2010, 10:33 PM
But for any lurkers or other confused people it's true that the 2010 BJCE doesn't have air tires, despite the word air in the name.
Ok, but for all practical purposes, it probably still performs like an "air" tire stroller vs. a hard plastic wheel stroller. The stroller does have shocks and an impact-absorbing tire.

Lila
05-09-2010, 10:59 PM
TwoBees, I'm intrigued with the Indigo too! It'll either be an indigo or a metrolite.

Jelly Bean, thanks for your post... not sure if you saw the bit about how I don't like the seat on the BJCE - how it's not upright and that is my big disappointment (along with it's hugeness)... and people have told me the BJCM is the same if not worse... my DD loves to be upright and look round, so that's why I'm considering something different from the BJCE (should I decide to keep that for exercising).

arivechhi! (((hugs!!)))

Oh, and in general, just for the record, the Bee sounds fantastic, but it is not within my realm.

I don't even know what year my stupid BJCE is! It was bought from my baby registry in july 2009, so I guess that's the answer.

Suzanne74
05-10-2010, 01:44 AM
For what it is worth, I have the 2010 BJCE that have the foam filled tires. They are the same rubber tread tires they used to have but are just now filled with foam. Instead of a valve for air, there is a large closed off valve where the foam was placed in there. There is still plenty of give/shock and you can squeeze it some. It just obviously won't go flat. I think they are wonderful, work well and are great for lazy people like me who hate working that tiny valve to pump air in a tire going flat. 2 thumbs up!!

Jelly Bean
05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Lila, have you considered putting a board in the back of the BJCE/M? A lot of people say that completely solves the slumping problem - my parents put one in their BJCM, my friend has one in the back of her BJCMD and we both think it works great. Hopefully sometime down the road BJ will fix this about their seats because it really is the only drawback in my book!

Lila
05-10-2010, 09:17 AM
For the price of the BJCE, I'd hate to have to put a board back there, but that's a good idea ... I don't know, though, if it's the slumping as much as the fact that the seat just doesn't have a good upright position. A belly handle thingie might make more sense...

jacksmoma
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
belly bar will give them something to hold on to upright and make it safer :) good luck finding one, they are sold out all over the internet thru june!

purpelina
05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Lila,
metrolite is great for shopping and errands around town. Has suspension, rubber tires, Huge basket, that is accessible even when the seat is reclined. Smaller inconveniences: short canopy, so when child is sleeping, and sun gets directly in their eyes (if you push against the sun). So you need to get some aftermarket sunshade or whatever. Protect a bub is great btw.

Metrolite is also not too big, and has narrower frame than baby jogger mini, for example, while the seat is still ample size for child. The seat on my metrolite also was very upright, when I lifted it all the way up.

I woudl look for an older model of metrolite (used or new - hunt it online), that has rubber tires. Most new models I see at target and bru have horrible plastic tires.

I loved my metrolite when I had my oldest. That and a mac triumph later where my do everything strollers.

Lila
05-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Metrolite def. sounds really good, but now I'm not sure if I want that or a FY Indigo?

Still thinking over keeping my BJCE and want to test a Swift, but can't find one locally.

Suzanne74
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Did you look at the Swift video reviews on Baby Gizmo and You Tube? They really give you a good idea of what they look like.

Lila
05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I just really need to see a swift. But seems from this part of NJ, they're only in NYC, which is a bummer b/c I haven't been to NYC in YEARS (even though I live closeby).

Today a friend was talking about her Bob! Ugh! And recently, I've been wishing I could jog with my BJCE. I know. I know.

I think I just need to test drive a Bob and a swift and then decide about the BJCE then decide if I want a metrolite or Indigo for my littler "everyday" stroller. But where are all these strollers for test-driving? ARGH!

lmh2402
05-11-2010, 01:38 PM
dislaimer - i did not read all the replies...just the first page-ish

and then the last page

i'm a little confused b/c i thought you were in nyc and looking for city-friendly suggestions, but maybe not

either way

i use an '09 vista or the quest

i strongly considered the cameleon but opted for the vista b/c i liked that the seat is higher off the ground - in my mind above the exhaust level, though that really doesn't do anything since the air is full of smog

anywho, i also considered the si instead of the quest, but opted for the quest b/c of the difference in weight

i use the vista for any trip of length where i need/want my basket - like when we go to the Y for swimming, i take the vista b/c i shove all our stuff underneath. i wish the seat was more upright, but he hangs onto the bar and it is what it is. though i have had serious thoughts of selling and purchasing the '10 model since it sits straight up

i used to use the vista for grocery shopping trips until a light bulb went off in my head that all the grocery stores deliver - i knew that but never really realized it b/c pre-baby i wouldn't have dreamed of having my groceries delivered to me

but now, i use quest - zip in. put baby in grocery cart. fold quest into cart. pile groceries in. check out. put baby back in quest and groceries arrive at time that i request.

so if you are in NYC, that is something you should look into - i would bet/guess most stores near you will deliver too

also, weight of the quest is nice for subway travel up and down steps. it obviously has the small, hard wheels - it's not going to give a smooth ride. but it's more than sufficient and gets the job done. and you see them all over the streets in ny, so i would guess most people have the same opinion

in all, i use the quest more than the vista these days. b/c it's easier to get in and out of my building and in and out of stores. but i love having both b/c they serve very different needs.

anyway, i'm not sure if this is helpful. or totally off the mark and irrelevant. but figured i would share what works for us.

Lila
05-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks, I'm not in NYC... I mentioned taking trips to NYC and walking around Central park/stores.... and said the Si sucked in terms of rickety-ness, and the BJCE felt too big to push into stores, etc.

strollerqueen
05-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Did you look at the Swift video reviews on Baby Gizmo and You Tube? They really give you a good idea of what they look like.

I have a lot of pictures of it in my reviews, to.

Suzanne74
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Today a friend was talking about her Bob! Ugh! And recently, I've been wishing I could jog with my BJCE. I know. I know.

As long as you know.... :ROTFLMAO:

Get the Swift if you want just one for everything.

Get the Indigo or Metrolite and either the Indie or the Bob as your small and then All-terrain stroller.

I can't believe I am going to say this for fear of you completely changing you mind again, deep breath.....

But remember, none of these fold quickly and small and you will probably want that in the future as well.

Kaylee31
05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I really don't think you'll like the BOB better than the BJCE, if you find the BJ too big. This video is a couple years old, that I found when I was researching BOB & BJCE. They both look huge to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZrnyqiCbX8
Are you considering the Indie for an AT stroller? They're smaller, lighter, and imo opinion, prettier than the Bob or BJ. I really wanted one, but didn't think it was rugged enough for trail walking. I would be afraid to get it dirty :).
Between the Indigo and the Metro Lite, I would go with the Indigo. Its way more versatile, only 2-3 lbs heavier, and around the same price, and way more stylish. The Metro lite does have way more colors and patterns though. I just wish the Indigo had come out a year ago, and I knew what I did now about strollers. I would have gotten an Indie as my AT, and an Indigo as my lightweight/snap-n-go. And then when DS is 2 or 3, I'll get a Mac or something to replace it.

WatchingThemGrow
05-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Just curious, OP, what made you decide on the two you chose to begin with?

Lila
05-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Suzanne, but it's not like the ... well, yeah, I guess the Si folds easily and maybe the BJCE does too - I've never folded it! But I can't keep strollers I don't like because of the fold. Are there other alternatives that you listed with better folds?

Anyway, what you listed is pretty much precisely where I'm at.

Strollerqueen, thanks!! I'll take a look.

Watching them Grow, I got the BJCE from being on this board when I was pregnant and had no clue about anything. It's the stroller I registered for after my snap-and-go; really don't remember what I was thinking then. I got the Si to be my "everyday" smaller, lightweight stroller (after I have to give up the snap and go) but I don't like it - too rickety -. HTH

Lila
05-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Kaylee - I watched the video, but have no sound on my computer, so maybe I missed something? Or maybe I've lost my sense of humor in all this!:(

But I'd only want the bob b/c you can jog with it and can't jog with the bjce and more and more I think I want to use my AT for exercise and get the Indigo or metrolite, but I guess - from what everyone's saying, including you, the Indigo would be the way to go.

arivecchi
05-11-2010, 02:59 PM
:46: My head just officially exploded! :hysterical:

Lila, you crack me up!

Lila
05-11-2010, 03:35 PM
NOoooooo... Arivecchi! Why? What did I do now? :)

Oh. Was it the BOB!!!??

:)

Karinyc
05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
If you really need to see and try out the strollers then make a trip into NYC and go here:

http://littlefolks.stores.yahoo.net/

They have the Swift, Cybex, Vista, Flyer, Aprica, etc.

Small store but a good variety that you can't find at BBB or BRUS. Have fun!

Lila
05-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm going to go to that store.

Here's where I've been.

I'm not getting the BOB! I am nursing and plan to continue for another year or more so I don't think I'm really going to be jogging anytime soon. (Ouch).

I think I will walk and work out with my BJCE...

I test drove a Bug Cham. today (b/c I met a woman randomly who was selling hers for $200) and I hate the fold and feel like the seat is so shallow - like DD is going to eject out of it!) But it was a good ride.

It could be my walk to the store stroller and my walk around town, but I don't think it can be a get on the train go into NYC for the day stroller b/c of the two-part fold thingie. And when we go away to the beach. IDK, I just worry about the inconvenience of that fold.

So still considering Swift, Flyer, and then just the Indigo and Metrolite. I feel like the indigo and metrolite might just serve the same purpose as the Chameleon (no offense to Bug. owners)... I mean I know you can't compare the indigo (which I haven't test driven) to the chameleon, but ...

I'm also considering not trying to pull off an all-in-one, but I still want to look at the Swift and Flyer.

Suzanne74
05-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Lila, you won't want the Flyer for your downtown stroller and getting thru restaurants/stores. The footprint is narrow but long. The reversible handle is long so you can use it both positions. The steering is okay but not turn on a dime. The pluses to the Flyer are the handle reversing instead of seat, the 90 degree upright seat, the good size basket and great canopy. The downsides is that it is not as nimble as I would like. It is a smooth ride but you just can not weave in and out and turn on a dime as much as you can with a more simple, smaller footprint stroller. The fold is bulky too. Plus, it won't last you super long. The seatback is not that high.

I think the Swift should only be an option if you don't want the BJCE anymore either. Otherwise those are 2 heavy duty strollers.

I think you should narrow it down to a metrolite with rubber wheels or the Indigo for your stroller if you keep the BJCE.

By the way, I am loving my BJCE more and more each time I use it. Have you given it a few more tries? That fold makes me take in and out of the car more than the Flyer.

MamaBear
05-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Which brings me back to wanting an all-in-one stroller that she can 1 nap in 2 go out for rigourou walks in 3 shop at whole foods, put groceries in basket, etc. 4 take to NYC and spend the day walking around - hop on path train w/o pushing 20 people out of the way, etc.

That's what I've had my Cameleon for. Except, I've never been to NYC - but we've used it in Cologne, Berlin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, London, Geneva, Montreal, Toronto... You get the idea, lots of big cities and crowded places. On public transit (trams, busses, underground), planes, trains, ferry boats. When we lived in Germany, I walked about 3km for my groceries, and could easily carry them all in the basket. It was a perfect walking stroller (IMO), and the 2-part fold was never a problem. I love it for restaurants; the seat height works as a usable high chair, and since the handle reverses and adjusts, it is easy to get it out of the way. (Also useful in cramped elevators! Wouldn't have gotten on the elevator in our hotel in Geneva without this.)

We're back in Europe right now, and bought a Bee+ for this trip. First time travelling (at least by air - there was one road trip with the Mutsy) with something other than my Cam. I like how compact it is, but that's why we bought it; with another kid now, we wanted something that would take up a little less trunk space. (Or, as I asked my husband, "Would you rather drive a minivan on the Autobahn, or buy a smaller stroller?" :rotflmao:) I'm really happy with it. BUT! In Nuremburg this weekend, hiking up a steep and long cobblestone path to a castle, I was missing my air tires.

I guess I have two points:

1. In my case, we did have one do-it-all stroller: the Cam was it for us, and worked for 3 years.

2. I'll be using my Bee+ a lot, I'm sure, and will keep using my Mutsy. But I think the features of the Cam - smooth ride, huge basket, good sunshade, etc. - means it will continue to be my workhorse.

FWIW!

MamaBear
05-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Now, about the Bee. I really liked it, but I can't justify $650. And maybe because it's new, but even the sales people had trouble figuring out the functionality. I know I would figure it out and it would probably become second nature, but I can't handle something so fussy right now.

FWIW, it's actually incredibly easy. Assembly, too; I assembled mine in the parking lot after I picked it up :bouncy:

Lila
05-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Mamabear, wow. I'm jealous of your travels! Is that for vacation or work that you're overseas? I hope to do that some day.

I'm also encouraged that you used your Cam for so long. Yesterday, when we were test-driving ours, I couldn't tell if it was a long term stroller (the seat, again, feels shallow)... the woman selling it was trying to get her four-year-old to sit in it for us, but he wouldn't! :) (he was pretty insistent on not modeling it).

Is the fold or any of the features better on the Bee? (I've really never looked at Bugs b/c of the price but this Cam just kind of came up out of the blue).

I do feel like it would be a great snap and go replacement, but DBF worries about it on the train (the fold) getting into the city.

I'd also have to buy a skin replacement, and the woman wants $250 (and bought it for $770 4 years ago) so I'm not sure if she'll take $200 and if I'm getting a deal here. (The tires were worn, definitely, but still going and frame was in great shape)

Lila
05-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Suzanne,

I'm most likely keeping the BJCE - I just need to find my "other" stroller so I can justify keeping it just for my walking excursions. More and more I'm thinking less of just having one stroller (the Swift, say) and just keeping the BJCE and doing the Indigo, Cam, or Metrolite ...

MamaBear
05-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Mamabear, wow. I'm jealous of your travels! Is that for vacation or work that you're overseas? I hope to do that some day.

I'm also encouraged that you used your Cam for so long. Yesterday, when we were test-driving ours, I couldn't tell if it was a long term stroller (the seat, again, feels shallow)... the woman selling it was trying to get her four-year-old to sit in it for us, but he wouldn't! :) (he was pretty insistent on not modeling it).

Is the fold or any of the features better on the Bee? (I've really never looked at Bugs b/c of the price but this Cam just kind of came up out of the blue).

I do feel like it would be a great snap and go replacement, but DBF worries about it on the train (the fold) getting into the city.

I'd also have to buy a skin replacement, and the woman wants $250 (and bought it for $770 4 years ago) so I'm not sure if she'll take $200 and if I'm getting a deal here. (The tires were worn, definitely, but still going and frame was in great shape)

Our family is scattered, so that's one of the big reasons we travel. Plus, the kids and I tag along with my husband as much as possible when he has to travel - which included a year-long sabbatical!

Anyway, since #2 was born, my Cam has been set up with the bassinet, so #1 hasn't been in it for a while. But he's 95th-97th percentile for height, and at three years old still fit in it quite comfortably. His head was touching the canopy, but it didn't bother him at all.

If you're doing lots and lots of walking, the air tires on the Cameleon (or some of the others you've been considering) might be appreciated. I love both of my Bugaboos, but I have a hunch that I'll be using the Cam for the walks to and from preschool. But the Bee is quick and easy to fold and open (although, truth be told, it takes me just a couple of seconds more to do the Cam), and can be done in one piece, which sometimes will be more convenient. (That said, I've sometimes *really* appreciated the 2-piece fold of the Cam - like when #1 wouldn't nap when we were on a train; I took the seat from the stroller and wedged it securely into place in our compartment and he was asleep in no time.) Also, the basket for the Cam is HUGE. I did walk to get a few groceries today, and managed to cram a fair bit into the Bee's basket, but the Cam holds considerably more. In both cases, even when loaded down (and/or with another kid on the ride-on board), I can push with just one hand.

I sound like I'm getting a commission from Bugaboo :ROTFLMAO:

Lila
05-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks, MamaBear!

I'm not trying to decide between the bee and cham as much as the cham (which just kind of came up out of the blue) and the Indigo or Metrolite. I think I've decided to keep my BJCE and do another lighter stroller in place of the Si I bought and don't like!

arivecchi
05-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm not trying to decide between the bee and cham as much as the cham (which just kind of came up out of the blue) and the Indigo or Metrolite. I think I've decided to keep my BJCE and do another lighter stroller in place of the Si I bought and don't like! I think that is a good call. You will be glad you kept the BJCE as your kiddo gets bigger. The Cam, Indigo and Metrolite are pretty different though:

Cam: full featured reversible stroller

Indigo: reversible and light stroller, but not as plush as the Cam

Metrolite: traditional footprint stroller - not reversible

I'd go for the Cam if you don't mind the added weight and size. The ride will be smoother than the Indigo, although the Indigo is pretty darn smooth for a non-AT stroller.

I'd definitely go Indigo over Metrolite. Many more features for the same amount of $.

Lila
05-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Ah, arivecchi, was hoping you'd do that for me! :)

I might just sell my Si on CL and go for this local Cham ... if I can get it for $200. I still need a summer skin, which I can prob get for $40 (She has a ratty orange fleece one on their now.) and it does come with a few accessories.

I do really like the feel of the Cham, similar feel for me as my snap and go. Just worried about the seat. Is it comfortable? She just feels like she's going to fly out of it. Even when I used to see them on the street, I'd be like "ew" - that's weird.

And also worried about the fold. Mostly, I'll use it at home and probably just keep it inside (for naps) and put it, already folded, outside to walk to whole foods.

But is it ...
Good in a restaurant (mamabear seems to think so)
Okay on a train to NYC? and then the day in NYC?
Okay to throw in my Subaru when we go up to the Cape (cod) for a week and walk around?

I guess it's either that or the Indigo at this point.

I think the Aprica and Metrolite are out and the Flyer and Swift were really going to only serve the purpose of being an "all in one" and maybe even the BJCM is in this category? I mean, it's not like I'd keep the BJCE and then get a flyer/swift/or BJCM, cause then I'd still need something light for naps in the house/in a restaurant, etc.

If I did do that, I'd still want my lightweight - those seem like mid-size, right?

Okay, I think I'm getting the "hang" of this! :applause:

PRmommy
05-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I do really like the feel of the Cham, similar feel for me as my snap and go. Just worried about the seat. Is it comfortable? She just feels like she's going to fly out of it. Even when I used to see them on the street, I'd be like "ew" - that's weird.

I just have to chime in and say that I NEVER thought I'd see the day when a SnG was compared to a Bugaboo. haha.

Lila
05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
PRMommy - I'm kind of "slow" when it comes to strollers. This is an all-new world to me. But I am looking for the solid ride/basket/parent-facing type features of a snap and go in another stroller. The Si is so rickety. Everything else is big, or the basket or canopy stinks, etc. I loved taking my SNG for walks to the grocery and picking up a few things, throwing them in the basket, and coming home.

arivecchi
05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
You can always get the gray Indigo from diapers.com to try it out tomorrow (they have free next day shipping) and then definitely rule it out before you get the Cam. I think you will like how smooth and solid the Cam is, but would appreciate how darn light the Indigo is.

I think the structure of reversible strollers requires that the seat not be as deep. It took me a bit of getting used to as well with the Indigo since my Valco and Baby Jogger have such deep seats. Don't worry though, your LO won't fall out as long as you use the harness properly. :)

Lila
05-17-2010, 06:09 PM
That's my only hesitation about the Cam - well, that and the 2-part fold. Does the indigo fold differently/better?

The Si also has a nice, deep seat that is very upright and does a good recline.

I wish the darn Si weren't so darn rickety - I do really like it. Kind of more "traditional" than the Cam, KWIM? I like that, but can't seem to find a non-rickety alternative!

Suzanne74
05-17-2010, 06:11 PM
The Zippy is very similar to the Si. Maybe that one won't be rickety to you.

Lila
05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Stroller outing FAIL! :(

I went to BBRUS tonight thinking I can check out 5 of the 6 strollers still on my list.

They had one.

:(

Argh! They were all on their Web site, but apparently that doesn't translate to in-store, so I checked out the Graco Metrolite and found it chintzy and bulky at the same time.

I wanted to see the Aprica (I forget the name - the light kind of umbrella stroller) but no good, plus I think I already eliminated it because of some poor reviews.

I did see the BJCM again and I think I just love my BJCE (big as it is) for walking.

So now I'm down to the used Chameleon (still don't like how shallow the seat is/the clumsy two-part fold/and do I want parent facing? For how much longer is she going to be doing that - she's 9 months)?
The Mtn Buggy Swift (Was going to be my one and only)
Flyer - would love to see this.
And FY indigo - would love to see this ... if I want this over the Bug Cam

BLUGH!

Lila
05-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I am going to let you all put me out of my misery. How about that? :)

I have been on here *obsessing* for weeks now, but I do have to say that while I haven't been able to test drive many of the strollers I'm looking out, I'm much much more clear about what I want and that helps!

I think the mtn. buggy swift is out as far as my "everything" stroller. I don't think I want an "everything" stroller anymore, though I imagine the BJCM comes close to that, and I'm still torn there.

But IF I keep my BJCE, I need a light on-the-go and I've eliminated a few.

Aprica is so cute but has those two handlebars like the Si and worries me about stability. Man, I wish I could just keep the darn Si but it's far too rickety for my liking.

So, I need a good Si/SnG replacement and I'm considering this:

A used bugaboo chameleon that's been offered to me ...

Love parent facing, stability/push
Don't love two-part fold and shallowness of seat.

A FY Indigo

What is the fold like? Is it stable like the Cham? Probably a deeper seat. A good recline/basket and canopy? Good for walking all day in Central Park/NYC? For taking into a restuarant? For keeping in my trunk?

A BumbleRide Flyer

Don't love - the price
Love - just about everything else (from a Web site, but never test drove). Same questions as above.

I think if I did get a BJCM, I'd still want to keep my BJCE just b/c I love the push and I do exercise/walks with it. But the BJCM might be my - in the trunk, take to the store, on the train, all around NYC, travel with stroller.

Blugh again. (At least I'm down to four!)

WatchingThemGrow
05-21-2010, 12:32 AM
So...I don't know if I ever heard the reason a Triumph wouldn't be considered?? It is a great stroller for the trunk/errand/NYC subway/kind of stuff you mentioned. The BJCM is a great complement to the BJCE (I have both in double form) because they serve different purposes, but...the Mac's carry strap and small fold make it much easier to carry the baby in your arms and the stroller over your shoulder. You can load it up just right to get through a day in NYC. I've done it- with 2 DC sharing an Ergo and a Triumph.

Lila
05-21-2010, 10:46 AM
The handles on the Triumph look the same to me as what's on the Aprica and Si, and it was explained to me that those types of handles (rather than one bar across) could be what's contributing to the "ricketyness" I was complaining about with the si.

Jelly Bean
05-21-2010, 11:17 AM
in the trunk, take to the store, on the train, all around NYC, travel with stroller.

Lila - you mention this would be the purpose of the second stroller, and I think all the ones you mention (Bug, Indigo, Flyer) are all too bulky of a fold for that purpose. If you keep your BJCE as your main walking/exercise stroller, then I still think the Mac Quest or Triumph makes a great "in the trunk, take to the store, on the train, all around NYC, travel with stroller." I don't think the two handles make it rickety. I tested the Si and think it's actually the plasticy-ness that makes it feel rickety.

If you like 2 handles and want a similar style, maybe you would like a Mac Techno XT? Has a bigger canopy than the Quest and Triumph, suspension, bigger wheels, great maclaren quality and weighs about the same as a BJCM, Si and Metrolite. It does have a smallish basket, but you can hang bags off the handles. You can also wear a backpack for your groceries/shopping items.

WatchingThemGrow
05-21-2010, 11:55 AM
The handles on the Triumph look the same to me as what's on the Aprica and Si, and it was explained to me that those types of handles (rather than one bar across) could be what's contributing to the "ricketyness" I was complaining about with the si.
Someone explained it wrong. Pegs are built to be rickety/absorb some of the impact from what SQ has said. Macs are tight and smooth. Have you pushed one with a baby in it? Totally different feel.

Multimama
05-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Someone explained it wrong. Pegs are built to be rickety/absorb some of the impact from what SQ has said. Macs are tight and smooth. Have you pushed one with a baby in it? Totally different feel.

I agree with this. And in fact I even think I explained it the way this poster has earlier in this thread. :) What feels like rickety in the Peg strollers is actually part of the design of the Peg (and Aprica) lightweight models. The stroller absorbs some of the shock of the walk so the baby doesn't have to. The bar across doesn't make that go away. (Just try a Peg Aria and you'll see that.)

I think the reason people stopped recommending Maclarens was because you said you don't like them, period. But I still think an umbrella stroller is a great compliment to the BJCE. (That's what we use as I also think I've shared in this thread. :)) I can't see how you would not love one of the higher end Maclarens unless you really want something reversible.

TwoBees
05-21-2010, 01:35 PM
And also worried about the fold. Mostly, I'll use it at home and probably just keep it inside (for naps) and put it, already folded, outside to walk to whole foods.

I'm very confused. Why would your DC nap in the stroller in the house regularly?

Lila
05-21-2010, 01:54 PM
TwoBees, I work and unless I lie down with her to nap, she's hard to go down. My mother can get her down, but she's only here one day a week and my sitter has the best luck pushing her in the stroller (and she sleeps in it reclined).

Lila
05-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Alrighty then. I'll just get a Mac and call it a day?

WatchingThemGrow
05-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Yes. Before this thread gets to 200 posts, just go grab a Mac to go with your BJCE.

arivecchi
05-22-2010, 10:19 AM
A used bugaboo chameleon that's been offered to me ...

Love parent facing, stability/push
Don't love two-part fold and shallowness of seat. Stable, plush ride, too wide for PT. Good for walking all day. Too much if you have a BJCE IMO.

FY Indigo

What is the fold like? Is it stable like the Cham? Probably a deeper seat. A good recline/basket and canopy? Good for walking all day in Central Park/NYC? For taking into a restuarant? For keeping in my trunk? I would not use my Indigo if I were literally going to be walking all day in the city. I'd use one of my ATs for that purpose. The Indigo is stable and has a one step fold but it is a much bulkier fold than an umbrella stroller. Easy to steer and super light. The canopy is small and it has 3 recline positions: flat, semi-recline, upright. Would be great for restaurants. Probably fits easily in most trunks.

[B]A BumbleRide Flyer
Next!

I think if I did get a BJCM, I'd still want to keep my BJCE just b/c I love the push and I do exercise/walks with it. But the BJCM might be my - in the trunk, take to the store, on the train, all around NYC, travel with stroller. The problem here is that you can have say the Indigo, BJCM or Mac Triumph do all of those things but the ride will of course not be as smooth as an AT stroller. If you are ok with that, any one of those 3 strollers will do the trick.

The Mac Triumph and the Indigo are pretty interchangeable to me. If I were heading to the city via PT, I would take the Mac though.

babychi
05-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Another vote for a Mac if you keep your BJCE. We love our Triumph for the trunk, public transportation, travel, and really tight spaces.

Suzanne74
05-22-2010, 03:35 PM
I think she was steering clear of the Mac because she likes to take this stroller (first the Snap N Go and then Si) to the store to pick up groceries. Very hard to do with a Mac. Basket too small and you can not hang bags on the handles. Now if she took the BJCE on the walks to stores, then I too think the Mac would work best.

Lila, I know so much about you and your stroller needs!! Everytime I push my Si around I think of you :ROTFLMAO:

Lila
05-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Suzanne, you do actually really get it.

I mean, I think if I just eliminate the walk to the store/basket thing (which, you're right, I can do - and did the other day - with my BJCE), I'd probably be happy with a Mac in the end.

BTW, I'm curious why you like your Si? I mean, it's been my $200 inside napping stroller! (Because I love the recline on it) but other than that, I need to really resell it.

Multimama
05-22-2010, 11:00 PM
I think she was steering clear of the Mac because she likes to take this stroller (first the Snap N Go and then Si) to the store to pick up groceries. Very hard to do with a Mac. Basket too small and you can not hang bags on the handles.

I take my Blink to the store and buy groceries all the time and the basket is I think exactly the same size as a Mac. I think I've explained it in this thread before, but here is what we do: Put two liters of apple juice and two gallons of milk in the basket. You can put *really* heavy stuff in a Mac basket because it is supported by metal bars. Then you've completely stabilized the stroller and you can hang absolutely anything on the handles. Last time I was at the store I put one bag in the seat (DS was walking) and hung two off the handles. Works great. Then if you have extra you can carry a backpack.

I haven't used a Mac specifically for grocery shopping, but I am pretty sure it would work just like the Blink. Once you put something heavy in the basket, especially if you make sure something heavy is at the front of the basket under the seat (as opposed to just toward the back near the pusher) you really can hang quite a bit off the stroller. Just make sure you unload in the right order. :)

ETA: And hey, if you're not sure this would work with a Mac, why not get a Blink? Not rickety at all and only $99 if you buy at the right place/time. Not as smooth of a push as a mac, but probably as smooth as a snap n go.

Suzanne74
05-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Suzanne, you do actually really get it.

I mean, I think if I just eliminate the walk to the store/basket thing (which, you're right, I can do - and did the other day - with my BJCE), I'd probably be happy with a Mac in the end.

BTW, I'm curious why you like your Si? I mean, it's been my $200 inside napping stroller! (Because I love the recline on it) but other than that, I need to really resell it.

Hmm, why do I love my Si. Let me count the ways. :loveeyes:

My DD is now 9 months. I wanted something that was lightweight but still had some big stroller features. I have a Mac Volo for later.

LOVE the fold, that it stands on it's own, has a bumper bar (I attach toys and a velcro strap for sippy to it) It has a plush seat with comfy side padding. I love that I can reach the basket from the side when the seat is in recline. Oh, I love the recline. It is two handed but so easy to do from ironically the front of the seat. I hate digging behind the canopy/flap in other strollers. Love the huge canopy. Turns on a dime. Has single sets of wheels instead of doubles - looks nicer to me. Husband and I change stroller height handles. I can hang my diaper bag and shopping bags on the handle without it tipping, even in the future when little one jumps out. My DD has slept in it. With the leg extender up and seat in almost recline, I can do an emergency diaper change. The harness is easy to use too.

Honestly, I don't feel the ricketyness but I don't use it outdoors except to do some mild walking in areas I don't bring the BJCE. It is my restaurant, mall and quick errand stroller that stays in the car. But since the BJCE has that easy fold, I bring that to parks, ourdoor trips, etc... It is a good combo for me.

Lila
05-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Well, friends, you can all just shoot me now. I am just not down with the Maclarens. The only one that seemed okay to me - and it's mostly because of he seat - is the Quest. But it's EXPENSIVE for that little thing. But it's nice (and I kind of dug the canopy), and if I can test it outside and find that it's less rickety than the Si, I'd probably get it (Oh, actually now that I just read Jelly Bean's gripe, I don't think I want this after all)... The triumph seat is just too short for my chubby 9-month old's legs. they awkwardly hang off; I don't get that.

And then I saw a Perego Vela? (Is that what it's called), which I never knew existed, and thought was kind of cool (different handle - one bar across) but didn't feel all that much different than the Si.

Still can't test an FY Indigo, wah! Would a Trip or a G-Luxe be a little sturdier of a ride? Have an extended seat rest (what's it called) thingie?

But I'm in love with my BJCE now and use it constantly (though I've never thrown it in the trunk). But I wonder if I just trade it all in for a BJCM or Swift and just have one everything stroller and call it a darn day! (although DH measured the BJCE and BJCM and said they have virtually the same footprint?)

LET'S BOIL IT DOWN! I NEED A LIGHTWEIGHT STROLLER THAT'S NOT BUMPY ON THE STREET!!!

Eh. Just an update on the insanity over here in stroller(less) land.

TwoBees
05-28-2010, 08:00 AM
No decision yet, huh? You have to accept the fact that there is no single perfect stroller. I think even people who have the most expensive stroller on the planet will agree that it is not 100% perfect 100% of the time. You really need to pick something that is 80% perfect, use it for a while, and then add another stroller to fill that 20% gap if necessary. And you can test-drive strollers through diapers.com, just not outside. I took my indigo for a spin on the carpet around my living room coffee table last night. I think I made DD dizzy! She was giving me odd looks. :rotflmao:

LET'S BOIL IT DOWN! I NEED A LIGHTWEIGHT STROLLER THAT'S NOT BUMPY ON THE STREET!!!

I still say that the BJCM or the BJCE would be right for you. They are sturdy enough that you can hang bags from the handle or use a side pack if the basket is not big/easily accessible enough. Some people have suggested that the Joovy Kooper is similar to the BJCM but has an umbrella fold and an easier-to-access basket. BRU has those on the floor to try out. Remember though, you can only try it in the store on their nice smooth linoleum floor, so you won't get a good feel about how it will ride on a sidewalk. Honestly, and I may be in the minority here, a stroller ride does not have to be as smooth as riding on a cloud. I mean, when you are driving in a car, sometimes it is nice and smooth (ahhh, fresh asphalt), and other times, not so much (helllooo potholes!).

Suzanne74
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Well, friends, you can all just shoot me now. I am just not down with the Maclarens. The only one that seemed okay to me - and it's mostly because of he seat - is the Quest. But it's EXPENSIVE for that little thing. But it's nice (and I kind of dug the canopy), and if I can test it outside and find that it's less rickety than the Si, I'd probably get it (Oh, actually now that I just read Jelly Bean's gripe, I don't think I want this after all)... The triumph seat is just too short for my chubby 9-month old's legs. they awkwardly hang off; I don't get that.

And then I saw a Perego Vela? (Is that what it's called), which I never knew existed, and thought was kind of cool (different handle - one bar across) but didn't feel all that much different than the Si.

Still can't test an FY Indigo, wah! Would a Trip or a G-Luxe be a little sturdier of a ride? Have an extended seat rest (what's it called) thingie?

But I'm in love with my BJCE now and use it constantly (though I've never thrown it in the trunk). But I wonder if I just trade it all in for a BJCM or Swift and just have one everything stroller and call it a darn day! (although DH measured the BJCE and BJCM and said they have virtually the same footprint?)

Eh. Just an update on the insanity over here in stroller(less) land.

The problem is, there is no lightweight that is not somewhat rickety on the street. That is why people buy AT strollers, because basic umbrella strollers are rickety for outside strolling. That is why BOB and BJCE and other strollers are so popular these days.

I think the problem here is that you wanted the Si to be this stroller you can take on mile treks to and from stores and such and it is just not really meant for that. The Pegs, Macs, etc... are meant to be "throw in your car and take in and out for quick trip" strollers. I think you would appreciate the Si more if you didn't expect it to be your everything stroller.

You hated your BJCE before and now love it. I would not get rid of it for a BJCM at all. It won't last as long (because it is smaller) and it does not have AT tires. There are complaints of wobbly front wheels as well and it will not hold up to long treks like AT strollers can. Now if you want to buy it in place of the Si then that might work. Those 2 strollers are similar but I don't see the BJCM being the one and only for you, with the amount of walking and stroller use you do.

The Swift could be an everyday stroller but I just have a strange feeling you need 2 strollers. I can not see you 100% satisfied with just one stroller, especially if you are unable to try the Swift anywhere before you go selling and buying again. And now that you love your BJCE, why get rid of it for something you may not like? There is no need for 2 AT strollers.

Are you sure you don't want to give the Si another chance like the BJCE?? These are my 2 strollers and I think they compliment each other very well. If your DD is happy in the Si and you realize that the Si isn't an outdoor walker, use the BJCE for the long outdoor walks and keep the Si for the small treks and in the car - you may actually be satisfied.

If not, I suggest just getting the Indigo. You can always return it for free and if you like it, sell the Si. You will probably make money in the long run.

arivecchi
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
The problem is, there is no lightweight that is not somewhat rickety on the street. That is why people buy AT strollers, because basic umbrella strollers are rickety for outside strolling. :yeahthat: Word.

Lila
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Suzanne, I never hated the BJCE, just felt like it was too much of a monster. It still is, but I've gotten over it. People in Whole Foods yesterday were giving me looks (and in the wine shop) b/c the thing is a monster, but I was like, "Oh, woops. Scuse me, sorry!" I would have loved to have something a little smaller, but I also spent 90 mins walking around town (over grass/sidewalks/streets) and appreciated the push and smooth ride. I also dug the basket and canopy. Couldn't have done it with the Si.

But I did bring the Si to a friend's house last weekend and she napped in it. Great. A $200 napping stroller!

I guess since I felt like my only real gripe with the BJCE is its size, is that I can get something similar but smaller and have that be my one and only (hence my thinking Swift or Mini). I do miss having her sit more upright ... but she's gotten used to that too.

It's just that on the occasion we need to do something that requires a smaller stroller, I'd like it to also be a smooth ride (and quite a bit smaller than the BJCE).

I said this before, but I'm not an indoor stroller user (except at restaurants) or shopper - I shop online and don't go to malls or stores (hate it) ...

Suzanne74
05-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Then I would just get the Swift, not the BJCM.

Order if from Diapers.com and return it if you don't like it.

TwoBees
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM
If you only use a stroller indoors occasionally, why don't you just use a carrier for those times?

Lila
05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, that's a good point, TwoBees.

Tomorrow, I am going to my sister's bbq. We'll probably bring the Si. I guess it's good for that. She can nap in it, have somewhere to sit, etc. Next weekend, the Berkshires (so - to a restaurant, to someone's house, etc.) and then it's good to have the Si in the trunk. I guess I'm trying to make peace with this and love the ones I'm with! :)

arivecchi
05-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Then I would just get the Swift, not the BJCM.

Order if from Diapers.com and return it if you don't like it. :yeahthat: I just took my new Swift on a long ride. It could be an only stroller. Small, narrow, great steering, east to push and now comes with a large canopy. It's basically a mini-BJCE. I got mine from diapers.com. It comes with a bumper bar and drink holder. I also got the rain canopy and a bundle me for the winter. I will be using the Mommy Hook I have for shopping.

http://www.diapers.com/Product/SearchResults.aspx?FreeText=mountain%20buggy%20swi ft&QueryFrom=Search

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
If you only use a stroller indoors occasionally, why don't you just use a carrier for those times?

:yeahthat: I think that would be a very good way to go. Do you own a decent carrier?

I am probably not at all the caliber of stroller person to be reading and responding to this thread as I don't own and haven't really tried most of the strollers suggested here. But, I have been fine with my Graco Metrolite for 7+ years now. We walk to the library and such with it, over bumpy sidewalks. It is certainly better than my Volo for that but it's no AT stroller. But, it's also a lot smaller, weighs 17lbs, has a great canopy, a good basket and a bumper bar. Oh, and adjustable handle bar that makes it comfier for dh and I to switch off using. I know, it's not a fancy stroller, it's a Graco. But, I swear it's better than your run of the mill Graco. I think most Gracos are pieces of junk but the Metrolite has a lot of positives going for it (including a good price). Just throwing that out there as something that isn't as big as the BJCE but more substantial than a Maclaren.

Beth

Lila
05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Beth! Metrolite was on my list. I was worried that it was bulky or had a bulky fold, but it does seem sturdier than most Macs (I have to test drive) and I'm considering it.

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I have a Honda Civic and with ds1 the Metrolite lived in my trunk for 2 years. I could fit a whole grocery run + some with it in there. It is a bigger fold than an umbrella but it isn't that, that bad. I almost bought a BJCM to replace it but the features were way too similar, including it's folded size. I admit that I do love my Volo as my trunk stroller nowadays but I never thought the Metrolite was awful.

Beth

roseyloxs
06-05-2010, 12:11 AM
So instead of watching the blackhawks lose miserably I just spent the last hour reading that entire thread. oh my.

So have we ordered anything yet?

Just saw zulily has cybex strollers on sale. I just bought myself a new stroller but its not in my hands yet so I still have the stroller itch. I do not need to buy this stroller, or at least thats what I keep chanting to myself. Hard to find a lot of info on these strollers but I did find a baby gizmo review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1wYItPmsc

I have a bumbleride indie twin which serves as my AT stroller. I had an '06 flyer that I grew to hate. I bought it used last year and sold it last week at just a $20 loss. After reading a ton of sites and going to buybuybaby I decided to buy the BJCM. My son is 3 and prefers to walk so I don't need a second double but I do need a single for my car. The fold on the BJCM was just too cool to pass up. I know I am going to miss the reversible seat, the adjustable handle and the adjustable footrest but I think the fold makes up for all of that.

So for those of you who use a board on your BJCM, how did you install it? Did you just lay it in there? Don't even have mine yet but I am already intrigued.

satchnbucky
06-05-2010, 08:00 PM
So instead of watching the blackhawks lose miserably I just spent the last hour reading that entire thread. oh my.

So for those of you who use a board on your BJCM, how did you install it? Did you just lay it in there? Don't even have mine yet but I am already intrigued.

I too could not bear to watch the Hawks (though honestly reading this thread is a bit headache inducing as well!) ;)
In the back of the seat, on top, there is an opening that is attached by velcro. You open the velcro and slide the cardboard in. I actually cut the cardboard to make it a perfect fit (it is a bit of a trapezoid), because I'm a little a-retentive like that, but I'm sure you could just cut a smaller rectangle out. Anyway, you just slide the cardboard in, reattach the velcro, and VOILA! Otherwise, you can order a PE board from baby jogger. It is $8 plus $7 shipping.
HTH!

Lila
06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I will post the results of this thread in a new thread. Bless you all for putting up with me. :heartbeat: