PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make their own Larabars?

sweet_pea
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
So, a few weeks ago I tried Larabars for the first time and loved them! They're tasty and all the ingredient names are recongizable. The ingredients are so simple and few that I thought there must be a way to make something simliar at home. I came up with a few different recipes by Googling "homemade Larabars" but just wondering if anyone here has successfully made something like this? If so, what recipe do you use? What flavors do you make?

brittone2
05-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Very easy to do if you have a food processor. I think I've even posted on here about how I do them in the past...I followed a recipe online a few years back and just modify it based on the flavors I want and what I have on hand.

My personal fav is do use dried apples with the dates, whatever nuts you want, and lots of cinnamon.

I haven't made them in a long time but yes, they are easy. I prefer to grind up the nuts first, dump into a bowl, then do the dates/dried fruit because they make the bowl sticky. Then add the nuts, spices, etc. back into the date mixture.

It is seriously very easy and if you use all shelf stable ingredients, the bars will obviously be shelf stable as well.

Melaine
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Oh never heard of these. I'll have to try them!