PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry for boys?

sidmand
05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Anyone have something they love? Etsy or other?

I bought an adorable bracelet and necklace for my daughter on Etsy and my son saw them and wanted to know where his were. :(

I told him I would get something for his birthday (it's June so I have a few weeks). Maybe an ID bracelet? or a charm on a cord? Not sure what is *good* for boys. He did try to draw a bracelet on his arm with magic marker a couple of months ago so I do think he'd like something real. I tried searching etsy for "boy's jewelry" but I'm not sure what is really appropriate for a 5-year-old boy.

elliput
05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Maybe something like military style dog tags? Dog Tag ID Bracelet (http://www.etsy.com/listing/45972925/boys-dog-tag-id-bracelet?ref=sr_gallery_16&ga_search_query=dog+tags+children&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title)

g-mama
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Not sure where you'd get it, but my ds wears a necklace sometimes that he got at the beach a few years ago. It's a black cord that has a triangular smooth stone and some leather accents that attach the stone.

Also, don't know if you're religious at all, but he also has a silver St. Christopher medal on a silver chain that he received for his First Communion. It's like this:

http://www.holyfamilyonline.com/106105408-sterling-silver-st-christopher-soccer-patron-saint-medal-pendant-medium.html

kristac
05-04-2010, 02:14 PM
My boys wear amber necklaces.

elektra
05-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Not sure where you'd get it, but my ds wears a necklace sometimes that he got at the beach a few years ago. It's a black cord that has a triangular smooth stone and some leather accents that attach the stone.

This is what I was picturing too. Beachy, surfer black cord with a charm like a shark's tooth or something like that. Pooka shells also came to mind.

sidmand
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
This is what I was picturing too. Beachy, surfer black cord with a charm like a shark's tooth or something like that. Pooka shells also came to mind.

I think that's what I was picturing too. Wasn't sure the Puka shells would work for a little guy though. But I think the black cord would work.

I think I'm going to get him an ID bracelet on a leather cord and then try and figure out if he still wants and I'll still get some kind of necklace.

Totally OT with that, but I did come across someone who creates something very similar (but cheaper, I think!) than Mommy Tags. I have some Mommy Tags and was a bit disappointed that DD's tag is much smaller and thinner than the one I got for DS a few years before. Maybe I'll check her out instead!