PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax Mamas and Papas...Clemyjontri Park Questions

MamaKath
05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Need some info for a field trip tomorrow. I know many of the Fairfax mamas and papas from here are regulars to the park, so here goes...

Do you know where buses would park?

Also is there any spots that are unreserved for eating a picnic lunch?

Which sections are nearest the bathrooms?

Any other info a parent/teacher might need for an outing there?

Other than that, wish me luck!!! I think we might need it. ;)

TwinFoxes
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Need some info for a field trip tomorrow. I know many of the Fairfax mamas and papas from here are regulars to the park, so here goes...

Do you know where buses would park?

Not in the main lot, which is tiny. There's a lot further down the road on the left. I've never seen buses, but that seems the best place.

For how many people?

Which sections are nearest the bathrooms?
The way the park is set up, you'll walk past the bathrooms when you come in, they're not too far from any spot.

Any other info a parent/teacher might need for an outing there? The park is big for a playground, but it's not huge for a park, if that makes sense. It's pretty much tons of play equipment. It's not very enclosed, so if you have wanderers keep an eye on them!!

you'll have fun, but it is hard to keep track of kids. I never take the girls alone.

kcimato
05-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes, there is a lot down the street that you will probably need to park in and walk over to the playground. You'll have to cross a busy street and there is no light. It is not covered and no trees nearbuy, so bring sun screen. You can loose track of kids easily as they go from one thing to another. The day I took my gkids was very crowded and not enjoyable. There were tons of day care centers there and they did not keep a very close eye on those kids. We ended up eating in the parking lot on the grass under the trees. Like PP said, it's not so much a park as it is a playground. Have fun!

MamaKath
05-04-2010, 10:35 PM
N
For how many people?

Any other info a parent/teacher might need for an outing there? The park is big for a playground, but it's not huge for a park, if that makes sense. It's pretty much tons of play equipment. It's not very enclosed, so if you have wanderers keep an eye on them!!

you'll have fun, but it is hard to keep track of kids. I never take the girls alone.
2 bus loads of parents and kids. It shouldn't be too bad, the ratio of adults to kids is less than 1 to 2. I think it will be fun! I am glad that the merrygoround is closed, lol.

MamaKath
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, there is a lot down the street that you will probably need to park in and walk over to the playground. You'll have to cross a busy street and there is no light. It is not covered and no trees nearbuy, so bring sun screen. You can loose track of kids easily as they go from one thing to another. The day I took my gkids was very crowded and not enjoyable. There were tons of day care centers there and they did not keep a very close eye on those kids. We ended up eating in the parking lot on the grass under the trees. Like PP said, it's not so much a park as it is a playground. Have fun!
Thanks! I think it will be fun. Glad to know there is also street parking.

TwinFoxes
05-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Glad to know there is also street parking.

I don't think there is. The extra parking is down Georgetown Pike on the left hand side ( make a right out of the tiny lot, I guess that's east).

I've only been once, but I don't remember a big picnic area. It's really not a park like Burke Lake Park, if you know that one. It's a really huge playground. It was much more urban in a way (even though it's in a gorgeous part of McLean. Hickory Hill, Bobby Kennedy's former home is around the corner). There weren't a lot of trees or grassy areas, which surprised me.

SASM
05-05-2010, 07:04 AM
The obvious thing us to dress your lids alike in
outfits that stand out!! The pp's are not kidding when they say that it us difficult keeping track if your offspring. I used to be right on
top of my kids and we had the rule that they had to stay together and decided as a team where to go next. This didn't work the entire visit and it us terrifying not being able to find them there bc the playground is absolutely huge with lots of places to explore. Good luck and have a blast. Oh...how we miss that park!! :(

egoldber
05-05-2010, 07:06 AM
The pp's are not kidding when they say that it us difficult keeping track if your offspring.

I just saw this and it's probably too late but a HUGE :yeahthat:

I stopped going to this park when I had younger DD because she is a runner and it was just too stressful.

caribbeanmama
05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I just saw this and it's probably too late but a HUGE :yeahthat:

I stopped going to this park when I had younger DD because she is a runner and it was just too stressful.

Ditto. Too stressful keeping track of three children. Not to mention how hot it gets there. We stopped going too. It is a great playground though.

MamaKath
05-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for all the tips!!! What a neat park that is! We had a good time and came home with the same number of kids we brought. It was really funny though after our bathroom trip. One little girl looks at me and says with such an earnest tone "Those toilets are just like the ones have they have in jail!" Sure enough they have big silver one piece thrones.

TwinFoxes
05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all the tips!!! What a neat park that is! We had a good time and came home with the same number of kids we brought. It was really funny though after our bathroom trip. One little girl looks at me and says with such an earnest tone "Those toilets are just like the ones have they have in jail!" Sure enough they have big silver one piece thrones.

LOL! She knows this from doing hard time at Folsom? :)

I'm glad you had fun, it really is a cool park, just hard to keep track of the little ones.