PDA

View Full Version : Product flaws - at what point do you send it back?

viba424
05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I completely have OCD when it comes to flaws in products I buy. Sometimes its totally valid, and the thing needs to be sent back, and other times I get upset over a few missing threads or some other thing thats going to get beat up anyway.

I got my Boden order today and both have minor quality issues. The necklace has two beads that look like they werent glued properly and will ultimately unravel, and the baby applique romper I got - there are a few pulled threads right in the character's whiskers that sort of loop up, instead of being tight! Ugh, it hits right at the heart of my obsession. Is this bad enough to send back? How do you decide?

Melaine
05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I would be annoyed by that too. I also tend to be OCD about stuff (I buy). For something I found on Target clearance rack, I would let it go, but for a Boden order, I would probably call them and complain or do a return. I wouldn't be happy with that.

maiaann
05-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm terribly picky too. I'm absolutely insane about quality issues. If there are 3 or 4 of something hanging on a rack, I inspect each and every one thorougly and then buy the best one. I assume most people just grab and go on with their business! Boden is hard because it's so expensive - it SHOULD be perfect! I know you have 3 months to return from Boden - could you wear the item, wash it, and see if it still bothers you after that? Maybe it won't be as noticeable after a washing.

arivecchi
05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Really minor defects that are barely noticeable would not bother me.

AshleyAnn
05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Defects that I know will cause problems down the line generally go back but cosmetic or minor things I let be. If the stitching/beadwork will hold and isn't obvious from a normal use stand point I'd be ok with it. If its going to bother you to the point you won't use it or are annoyed everytime you see it send it back.

Example - I bought DD a baby einstein jumperoo a little over a week ago and the last step of the assemby process is to adjust the height from the tallest setting to the lowest. Well somehow one of the adjustors got stuck on a setting and wouldn't come free. I had to to take it nearly apart to fix it. I assumed it was a one time flaw so I put it back together. As soon as I attempted that last step it did it again - well this time I figured out that the edge of the adjustor is weak and if you dont line it up perfectly it will get stuck and was able to force it back out without disassemby and got it do to the proper setting. I considered returning it but I had it assembed and it was raining and I had spet 2 hrs assembling the one I had so I decided not to return it because disassembling it a second time, repacking it, buying a second one, putting it together and risking the same problem just wasn't worth the effort so I got out a sharpy and put a hidden X on the bad adjuster and kept it.

SnuggleBuggles
05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Depends on how fast I would probably have caused something similar naturally. :) I am not that picky about some things because I feel that some imperfections are inevitable, especially when you are talking about something you are going to wear, a small child is going to wear, or something you are going to be wearing around some small child. Things like a scratch on the shell of a camera? Not a big deal since I throw mine in my bag sans case so it's likely to get scratched anyway.

If it really bugs me and it is easy enough to exchange or return then that's my biggest deciding factor though.

Beth