I totally cried too.

billysmommy
05-05-2010, 07:12 AM
I totally cried too.

Me too!!!!!

Green_Tea
05-05-2010, 07:15 AM
WARNING: SPOILER

You know, I was curiously unmoved. I am sort of annoyed with the writers for killing off 3 major characters (4 if you count Lapidus) in a single episode. I feel like it's a cop-out way to wrap up the storyline with only a few episodes left. I am also annoyed that certain storylines (Bernard & Rose, the "others" who were in the temple but left before Locke arrived, Ben, Richard) have all but evaporated and they're just somewhere in the jungle hanging out.

WatchingThemGrow
05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
DH cried and told me he'd stay on a sinking submarine if I were trapped on it.

TonFirst
05-05-2010, 07:30 AM
SPOILER
./
/
/
/
/
/
/
My husband and I were both horrified that Jin would purposefully orphan his child. This is a TV show, and I'm still annoyed at Jin this morning.

Twoboos
05-05-2010, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=TonFirst;2715832
My husband and I were both horrified that Jin would purposefully orphan his child. This is a TV show, and I'm still annoyed at Jin this morning.[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat: I think that's why I wasn't crying. (And I cried when charlie died, and thought about it for days afterwards.) WTH!!! Shame on Sun for not telling him to go to his daughter that he's never even seen!!! And shame on Jin for not even thinking of it!!!

Plus I was annoyed that they are just starting to kill everyone off. Although I was relieved that sayid turned out to be good at the very end.

Last night it seemed Jack/Flocke will be the new Jacob/MIB. And next week that will probably change, lol.

Raidra
05-05-2010, 07:55 AM
I kept waiting for Sun to tell Jin that they couldn't leave their daughter without both parents. To give Jin some credit.. his daughter is mostly an abstract to him.. he missed the first three years of her life and has been wondering for those three years what happened to his wife and child. To be reunited with his wife for a few short hours.. I can see why his desire to stay with his wife, in that immediate moment, might be stronger.

I cried at Sun/Jin, but today I'm most sad about Sayid. I've always liked him a lot, and he's never gotten a break. I just wanted something to go right for him.. :(

And yes, I thought four people getting killed in one night was a bit of a cop-out, too. Obviously, most of them need to die in the end, but I was expecting it to be spaced out a bit more.

kristac
05-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !!!!!!!! MY DVR said it was a rerun so I didn't record it!!!!

veronica
05-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Add me to the "unmoved" group. After Sayid ran with the bomb and said "Jack , you are the one (as if we didn't know this already), I immediately knew they would start the "kill-off" process. I really like Lapidus and will miss him in a funny, one-liner sort of way.

Which reminds me: WHERE IS MILES? Anyone else miss him as much as me? What a funny comic relief on the show and now he is hanging out with Alpert in the jungle getting a dental exam by Bernard and life tips from Rose?

In the end, it will be John and Jack , sitting on the beach, dressed in black and white. John will be saying how much he wants to kill Jack but is not allowed to. then he will say that he will find a way to get off the island somehow. Jack will be looking in the distance at a new "group" of people to test their humanity....yada yada yada

It's basically the same story as the Matrix series,without computers.

momof2girls
05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Am I the only one who would have traded Kate for Sayid, Jin, and Sun? I was acutally hoping she was dead when she was shot. She annoys me. I'm going to miss Jin and Sun but I consider that Sayid has been dead ever since that spirit took over his body.

boogiemomz
05-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !!!!!!!! MY DVR said it was a rerun so I didn't record it!!!!

have no fear... www.abc.com to the resuce! :superhero:

i kept waiting for sun to tell him to go take care of their daughter too. even if jin didn't think of it (not having ever seen her, etc), seems like it would have been the first thing on sun's mind (right, mamas??).

definitely was more disappointed that the characters are just dying off, rather than actually sad about sun and jin.

boogiemomz
05-05-2010, 08:54 AM
In the end, it will be John and Jack , sitting on the beach, dressed in black and white. John will be saying how much he wants to kill Jack but is not allowed to. then he will say that he will find a way to get off the island somehow. Jack will be looking in the distance at a new "group" of people to test their humanity....yada yada yada

we heard it here, first, folks. :D

Corie
05-05-2010, 09:03 AM
:yeahthat: I think that's why I wasn't crying. (And I cried when charlie died, and thought about it for days afterwards.) WTH!!! Shame on Sun for not telling him to go to his daughter that he's never even seen!!! And shame on Jin for not even thinking of it!!!

Oh my gosh, I was so upset when Charlie died!!

And I agree about Sun & Jin. I turned to DH and asked, "Don't they
have a child at home?"

wendibird22
What DH and I don't get is if smokey can wipe out all the people outside the cages, in the black rock, etc, then why didn't the Losties question Locke on why he needed their help with a)the plane and b)the sub. Why not just say, hey, your the nasty smoke monster, you take care of them? I also don't get why Sayid is all crazy for the past couple of episodes but now has a moment of clarity/sanity.

The Sun/Jin plot did get to me. I'll admit it. But I too was thinking about their kid.

What do you think the relevance of the music/jewelry box is? I don't think they'd focus on it if it wasn't somehow important, but who knows. Maybe it was just so that they could get a shot of Claire seeing her reflection in the mirror, which is such a repeating theme.

Green_Tea

That certainly appears to be where things are headed, but I think there will be some last minute twist. Jack obviously thinks he's untouchable and cannot die, but he hasn't had anything happen to him to test that theory. At the end of the day I think it could be Hurley sitting on the beach with Locke.

scrooks
05-05-2010, 09:07 AM
WARNING: SPOILER

You know, I was curiously unmoved. I am sort of annoyed with the writers for killing off 3 major characters (4 if you count Lapidus) in a single episode. I feel like it's a cop-out way to wrap up the storyline with only a few episodes left. I am also annoyed that certain storylines (Bernard & Rose, the "others" who were in the temple but left before Locke arrived, Ben, Richard) have all but evaporated and they're just somewhere in the jungle hanging out.

:yeahthat: I felt bad but I didn't care when they died (and I really tend to cry at sad movies and shows)...SOMETHING had to happen to move the story forward...

scrooks
05-05-2010, 09:08 AM

And I agree about Sun & Jin. I turned to DH and asked, "Don't they
have a child at home?"

Exactly...I thought Sun would make Jin save himself so the kid wouldn't be an orphan!

scrooks
05-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I guess who is left now...Richard, Ben, Miles....Rose and Bernard...Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer...and random people that scattered in the jungle....oh and claire...

boogiemomz
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
What do you think the relevance of the music/jewelry box is? I don't think they'd focus on it if it wasn't somehow important, but who knows. Maybe it was just so that they could get a shot of Claire seeing her reflection in the mirror, which is such a repeating theme.

the song that was playing in the music box is the same lullaby that has come up in various episodes, "catch a falling star and put it in your pocket..." claire asked the original would-be-adopters to sing it to the baby b/c it got sung to her when she was a child, kate sung it to aaron in the flash-sideways when she was taking care of aaron, i think it was playing on a mobile in the dharma nursery when ethan kidnapped her and brought her to their research facilities to have the baby... maybe a few other times throughout the series. so i'm assuming christian wanted her to have it because it was her favorite lullaby as a child.

scrooks
05-05-2010, 10:04 AM
http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/abc-expands-lost-finale-by-extra-halfhour.html

Carrots
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Add me to the "unmoved" group.

:yeahthat: Me too.

This is just my opinion, but I think Jin and Sun turned out to be weak characters. They were cool in the beginning, but then just took up space.

Jacksmommy2b
05-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Add me to the po'ed because of their kid camp. Seriously, who would do that? Not just to the kid, but to your spouse. If you really loved him, wouldn't you say or do anything to make him leave?

Grrrrr...

But I totally cried when Hurley started crying, 'cause I'm a sap like that.

I liked the whole Sayid bit. I sort of suspected he wasn't as 'gone' as he was making himself appear. He dealt with Lockemonster the way he dealt with most other things, when things got iffy, he got dangerous. Not shooting Desmond shows he was just hedging his bets.

Not that we have much time, but I am curious to see how Jin and Sun's deaths impact Sawyer. I thought it was pretty cool how it seemed to mirror Juliet - the wrong choice, the beam, Sawyer and Jack both getting knocked out and unable to help. I just thought it was really well done.

I felt really satisfied with last night's episode finally moving forward. Yeah, they could have spread out the deaths and maybe jazzed up a lame episode - but then we would be complaining that Lost had become a big death fest, losing someone every episode.

Twoboos
05-05-2010, 11:03 AM

I walked around for days after randomly saying, "I can't believe Charlie died!" I even get choked up if I catch a repeat of that episode.

Everytime I see Charlie/Penny on "Flashforward" I yell "Not Penny's boat," at the tv. :ROTFLMAO:

JElaineB
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
SPOILER
My husband and I were both horrified that Jin would purposefully orphan his child. This is a TV show, and I'm still annoyed at Jin this morning.

This is exactly what I thought as well.

Minnifer
05-05-2010, 11:34 AM
What DH and I don't get is if smokey can wipe out all the people outside the cages, in the black rock, etc, then why didn't the Losties question Locke on why he needed their help with a)the plane and b)the sub. Why not just say, hey, your the nasty smoke monster, you take care of them? Yep, this really bugged me too. When Flocke said he was going to really need everyone's help, I was like, um, no, you don't!! (and yet, it didn't quite occur to me that it was a set up - :duh:)

the song that was playing in the music box is the same lullaby that has come up in various episodes, "catch a falling star and put it in your pocket..." claire asked the original would-be-adopters to sing it to the baby b/c it got sung to her when she was a child, kate sung it to aaron in the flash-sideways when she was taking care of aaron, i think it was playing on a mobile in the dharma nursery when ethan kidnapped her and brought her to their research facilities to have the baby... maybe a few other times throughout the series. so i'm assuming christian wanted her to have it because it was her favorite lullaby as a child.

Good memory!!

After this is all over, I'm going to be tempted to watch the entire series from start to finish again, to really see and "get" everything (or at least more). I can't figure out though whether it will be fun, or kind of annoying...

strollerqueen
05-05-2010, 11:57 AM
OK, is there really a spoiler on Page 1? If so, I don't want to read it! Wasn't sure if it was just a joke or not. Could someone let me know please?

elektra
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM
OK, is there really a spoiler on Page 1? If so, I don't want to read it! Wasn't sure if it was just a joke or not. Could someone let me know please?

The spoiler on page 1 is not a spoiler if you watched last night. There is a "theory" later on (on page 2 I think).

elektra
05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Am I the only one who still likes Jin and Sun?
I too thought about their daughter, but isn't it nice to see two people in love so much that nothing will tear them apart? Jin told Sun he would never leave her again. She told him to go but they decided to be together in their deaths. I think it's romantic. Call me heartless!
Also, there was no guarantee that Jin could even get off the island to be with his daughter, in which case he would have been without Sun AND without his daughter if he was stuck on the island.
IRL I am pretty sure that DH and I would have both ditched the other to be with the kids. For some reason that seems sad in a way too.

Raidra
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Am I the only one who still likes Jin and Sun?
I too thought about their daughter, but isn't it nice to see two people in love so much that nothing will tear them apart? Jin told Sun he would never leave her again. She told him to go but they decided to be together in their deaths. I think it's romantic. Call me heartless!
Also, there was no guarantee that Jin could even get off the island to be with his daughter, in which case he would have been without Sun AND without his daughter if he was stuck on the island.
IRL I am pretty sure that DH and I would have both ditched the other to be with the kids. For some reason that seems sad in a way too.

You're not the only one. Totally agree that it was sweet and sentimental, but that IRL I'm sure my husband and I would have made different choices. I don't think that Sun and Jin were necessarily as interesting and all as, say.. Desmond and Hurley, but I still rooted for them.

I also agree about Sayid not being as far gone as everyone thought. Desmond got through to him enough that he didn't kill him (wasn't Sayid saying that Jack had to be the one to rescue Desmond, not that Jack was necessarily *the* One?). I think Sayid has always been pretty good about keeping his motivations close, so I don't think he was nearly as crazy as Claire.

I'm really curious as to why Sawyer thought that pushing Locke into the water would somehow incapacitate him. He told Jack, "Just push him into the water and I'll take care of the rest" or something like that.

I was very proud of myself for recognizing that the candy bar Jack got out of the vending machine to give to Claire was the same kind that Jacob got out of the vending machine to give to Jack. Wasn't Claire saying she had never met her dad in the sideways world? So she never would have heard that song (which we've heard her sing to Aaron and whatnot).. it was an interesting tie-in though. And when the hell is Jack going to remember the island? He's met how many people now who were on 815? And still he has no clue..

SammyeGail
05-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I posted last night I was sad about Sun and Jin, but I didn't cry or anything, it was just a frown as I fast forwarded thru the commercials to the next part.

As he was trying to get her free I kept thinking she would say to him 'Go, go take care of our daughter, go meet her, go be with her...' something like that. I then realized Lost's whole base story on them is them, their bond to be together again. She left her DD with her mother, didn't she?

boogiemomz, DH watched the first 1/2 then went to bed and he remembered the song too! He's not a huge follower, we just watch the show, great memories!

I wonder if Desmond is really dead. It seemed that Sayid had gotten back to his old self a bit after Desmond talked to him when he was in the well. Did he really kill him?

As for Sun and Jin, they are alive and well with a baby on the way in the 'alternate' reality', lol.

The 'alternate reality' is starting to drive me a bit nuts, how are they going to wrap all this up in a few more episodes?!

Globetrotter
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM

:banghead: I agree!!! I was upset that they would do that! In fact, I was yelling at the TV thinking the BBB will be up in arms over this :D I loved them as a couple until this moment, but honestly I was a bit peeved that Sun left the girl to come back to a dangerous island to look for Jin. Same reason I wouldn't let dh climb Mount Everest, assuming he could :tongue5:

Yeah, why was Sayid suddenly sane? Or was he just calm?

LarsMal
05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
What happened in the last couple minutes? My DVR stopped recording when the four met up on the beach. Did Floke appear at the end? Any big LOST! moment at the end? What about previews for next week?

I wasn't "sad" about Sun/Jin dying, I was peeved at the way they ended it. They've spent, what, the last 2 seasons trying to find each other, finally get back together and five minutes later they're dead?! I thought that was pretty cr@ppy. I also didn't like the way Sayid was just gone, too. He deserved a better exit than two lines and a running explosion! Lapidus...eh, I was fine with the way he died. I'm thinking they did it the way they did because somehow Desmond/Hurley/Jack save the day, reset things, and they all will be alive and well in the finale. They didn't want to waste too much time/drama on their death because they'll be alive in two more weeks. (I'm probably completely wrong!)

I think Charlie's death was definitely the saddest/most dramatic of the series. Oh, Charlie, I get sad thinking about it!

I mentioned the Floke/Jack as Smokey/Jacob on the beach at the end, too. He agreed they are definitely setting it up to go that way, but LOST always has a way of going the opposite direction of where you think it's going. I don't want this show to be over, but I'm ready for them to wrap it up.

TonFirst
05-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Lapidus...eh, I was fine with the way he died. I'm thinking they did it the way they did because somehow Desmond/Hurley/Jack save the day, reset things, and they all will be alive and well in the finale. They didn't want to waste too much time/drama on their death because they'll be alive in two more weeks. (I'm probably completely wrong!)

I agree with you - I have a feeling they'll all be there at the end of things. I will miss Lapidus - I always liked his character - but I saw it coming as soon as I saw the plane wouldn't be an option. No plane, no need for a pilot. I do like that his last words were, "Oh, hell." INDEED, Frank.

okinawama
05-05-2010, 02:49 PM
A

I agree. I heard someone say that in the end Jack=Jacob, Sawyer= the smoke monster and Hurly = Richard.

SnuggleBuggles
05-05-2010, 04:04 PM
What happened in the last couple minutes? My DVR stopped recording when the four met up on the beach. Did Floke appear at the end? Any big LOST! moment at the end? What about previews for next week?

Same thing happened here. Anyone able to fill us in?
Beth

LarsMal
05-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree. I heard someone say that in the end Jack=Jacob, Sawyer= the smoke monster and Hurly = Richard.

Sawyer? That would be an interesting twist since "real" Sawyer wants off the island so badly. He would be stuck there forever- or at least his body as Smokey takes form in it- and under Jack's control. Very interesting!

boogiemomz
05-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Same thing happened here. Anyone able to fill us in?
Beth

was it at the very end that there was the flash sideways with jack and locke, where jack was pressuring locke to get the surgery to walk again and locke explained the accident?

if so, locke explained to jack that he had just gotten his pilot's license and wanted to take his father (anthony cooper) up in the plane. AC was nervous and didn't want to go, but locke promised him everything would be fine. the plane crashed and AC had some sort of brain injury and is now confined to a nursing home. the implication is that locke feels the need to punish himself for what he did to his father (hence his desire to remain in the wheelchair forever). jack related to this, saying that he needed to learn how to let go too (of things with his own father), but suggested that locke "go first." locke said "goodbye dr. shepherd," and rolled away in his chair.

OH, and just remembered something else. locke was on the beach at the island and realized that not everyone had been killed, that jack, sawyer, kate, and hurley had made it off the sub alive. he picked up his gun and said he was going to finish what he started (don't remember who he was talking too, but i think he was implying that he was going to go kill the others).

sorry if i'm missing anything important...i don't remember exactly how the final scenes went. :oops:

Sillygirl
05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Jack's going to feel mighty silly when all the other candidates are dead and he think's he's golden as the new Jacob - only to find out that Jin and Sun's baby is the "Kwon" candidate, making Jack expendable. Fake Locke's going to be mad, too.

DH's theory, which he insisted I share here.

momof2girls
05-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Jack's going to feel mighty silly when all the other candidates are dead and he think's he's golden as the new Jacob - only to find out that Jin and Sun's baby is the "Kwon" candidate, making Jack expendable. Fake Locke's going to be mad, too.

Ooooooh! Genius!

boogiemomz
05-05-2010, 06:39 PM

i love that it was important to him that you pass that along to us! :ROTFLMAO:

elektra
05-05-2010, 06:42 PM

I like it!

This could also explain why both Jin and Sun had to die possibly too. It might not have worked in the later (last?) episode to have Jin still around to cast doubt on Jack as the sole surviving candidate.

LarsMal
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM

Ooohhh...LOVE IT! (I'll have to pass this one on to my DH since he always wants to know what the BBBers have to say about LOST!)

strollerqueen
05-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Plus I was annoyed that they are just starting to kill everyone off. Although I was relieved that sayid turned out to be good at the very end.

Last night it seemed Jack/Flocke will be the new Jacob/MIB. And next week that will probably change, lol.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat: I was thinking the writers must be childless!

strollerqueen
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM
The spoiler on page 1 is not a spoiler if you watched last night. There is a "theory" later on (on page 2 I think).
Thank you! I once read a spoiler that said at the end of the season, there would be a scene with Jack and Kate, standing at an airport, and Jack saying "Kate, we've got to go back!" This was waaaaay before they left the first time. And I was thinking "yeah, right". And then it happened, and it, well, spoiled me for spoilers ever since. With just a couple of weeks to go, I don't know why anyone would even want to read spoilers! But apparently, they're all over the place.

clb
05-05-2010, 11:33 PM
For all the comments about Sun & Jin:
http://www.sl-lost.com/2010/05/05/daniel-dae-kim-talks-about-last-nights-episode/
Excerpt:
And yet I have to ask about Jin’s motivations. Obviously he really loved Sun, but how do you justify in your own mind that Jin would stay with Sun, knowing that he was orphaning his daughter Ji Yeon?
That’s an excellent point. I can tell you that we received [new script] pages as we were shooting the episode that added a scene in the bear cages where Jin asks what happened to Ji Yeon. And you hear Jin asking Sun who’s taking care of the girl. And so that was deliberately put in there so that he would know that she wasn’t completely an orphan. Also, in the sub, there’s a moment that’s not scripted where I looked away from Sun toward the door and I wondered, “Should I go?” That was my moment for Ji Yeon. I thought to myself, “Can I do this?” But the decision I made at that point was that even if I tried to leave I wouldn’t have made it, because I had no oxygen and the submarine was so far under water. All I can say is that I’m sure Damon and Carlton took the concern of Ji Yeon to heart when they wrote the episode.

kcandz
05-06-2010, 01:00 AM
SPOILER

When Jin and Jack were insisting the other take the oxygen tank, I thought it showed that if there was no oxygen the swimmers wouldn't make it to the surface. Jin knew they couldn't make it in that moment, but tried anyway to free Sun. So while the parent in me was yelling at Jin to go find his daughter, it seemed it would never happen and he knew it, so chose to stay with his true love.

I think they could have filmed and edited it to be more clear, if that was indeed what the director intended.

I am mad they repeated the emotional drowning scene. It was done perfectly with Charlie on this show, I wish they didn't do another, it seemed like a cheap Titanic knockoff.

LarsMal
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Did you DH see this? He might just be on the right track!

From ew.com:

"Daniel Dae Kim’s thoughts on the end of Jin and Sun? 'They were the Romeo and Juliet of the show, and the fact they didn’t have a happy ending does make me sad,' says the actor, who then expanded on the greater significance of the deaths to the show — but I’m afraid sharing his insights (including his take on the fate of Ji Yeon) at this point would be a bit too spoilerish."

Sillygirl
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Did you DH see this? He might just be on the right track!

From ew.com:

"Daniel Dae Kim’s thoughts on the end of Jin and Sun? 'They were the Romeo and Juliet of the show, and the fact they didn’t have a happy ending does make me sad,' says the actor, who then expanded on the greater significance of the deaths to the show — but I’m afraid sharing his insights (including his take on the fate of Ji Yeon) at this point would be a bit too spoilerish."

Oh, no. He's already having me count up how many posters have commented on his theory. Next he'll be claiming EW is ripping him off. :)

I do think it's pretty clear after last night that Ji Yeon is a candidate, and that Kate's status is murky. Who shot her? Was it Fake Locke? He can't kill candidates.

boogiemomz
05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
also, there's the whole thing from WAY back that ji yeung (sp?) was conceived on the island, and that was some crazy big deal... it was supposed to kill sun for some reason, and the dharma folks were doing all that research on babies/pregnancies, etc. i think ji yeung has to be pretty significant, somehow.