PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tested out the new Bee Plus IRL?

Jelly Bean
05-05-2010, 09:52 AM
How does the ride compare to the Vista? Maclaren umbrella stroller? BJCM?

Has one used it or tested it outdoors? How does it do compared to these strollers on anything other than smooth indoor floors?

jacksmoma
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM
i've had the regular bee and it was a rougher ride imo that my bjcm- i sold it in a minute as i could not believe the ride was so bumpy and the fold was hard to do (it is the same on the new bee plus i believe). it's more on par with a mac push....but at a much much higher price!! the vista would be much smoother (althougher huge stroller) as it has the two large rear wheels.

PRmommy
05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't know if I'd compare the push on the Bee with the BJCM - at least indoors the Bee wins it for me. I've used both and I thought the Bee was amazingly easy and smooth to push. Outdoors they pushed about the same. While you really can't beat the BJ fold, I didn't think the Bee fold was too difficult at all.

The Vista pushes nicely as well, but I'm just not a big fan.

JamiMac
05-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I've had the BJCM and Bee and the Bee hands down to me is a smoother ride. They really have excellent suspension for a non air-tire stroller. We've taken ours off road and to soccer games and the it's done great. The BJCM was very rattly and had non-existent suspension.

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Out of all of them (minus BJ) Bee wins hands down.

MamaBear
05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I have the new Bee (for about 2 weeks now) and :heartbeat: it! Pushes like my Cameleon. As much as I love my Mutsy, I'm enjoying my return to one-finger steering.

Jelly Bean
05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I have the new Bee (for about 2 weeks now) and :heartbeat: it! Pushes like my Cameleon. As much as I love my Mutsy, I'm enjoying my return to one-finger steering.

Now that's what I wanted to hear! Sort of...

This makes me want to sell my Quest and get it instead. Huge price difference but I want something small that is light and smooth outdoors - i.e. walking from the parking garage to shops and restaurants along brick sidewalks. I love my Vista but it just too big to bring on such an excursion. And while I love the Quest indoors, it doesn't do great on the brick sidewalks in our downtown area.

salsah
05-06-2010, 06:08 PM
although i haven't tried it, i'd expect it to be smoother than the bjcm simply because it has decent suspension. the bjcm doesn't have suspension (well except for on the front wheel but that isn't noticeable, it would be so much smoother with rear suspension).
i have heard that the bee fold can be tricky for some.

MamaBear
05-07-2010, 03:49 PM
i have heard that the bee fold can be tricky for some.

I've got the Bee+, and it is as easy as possible to fold. I've been using it almost exclusively rear-facing (I think I tried front-facing once, when my preschooler wanted to try it out), and can fold it quickly even when the seat is RF. To do so, it is necessary to adjust the seatback, which right now is a bit sticky at times, but I think it is just because the stroller is brand new. (I remember the brake on my Cam being very tough at first.)

JamiMac
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes, the Bee is way easy to fold forward facing. You just press two buttons and it collapses on itself. Rear facing you pull up the seat bottom and fold in the back. It takes seconds to do.

ehf
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I've had the 2010 Bee for two weeks now and LOVE it. Super-easy to fold, either direction. The steering indoors far surpasses any of the other strollers.

The Vista is awesome, but the footprint is just larger enough to make a big difference in stores. It's also heavier to lift in and out of the trunk.

The Macs are too clattery/tippy for me. I had a Techno, which wasn't tippy at all, but it made more noise than the Bee. The rides seem somewhat similar to me, but my daughter seems much more comfortable in the Bee. SHe never protests going in and falls asleep much easier. I also can't tell you how important it's been to have her facing me. Huge difference. Biggest difference? Could NOT deal with the basket on the Techno. I can literally drop my huge diaper bag into the Bee.

My second choice was the BJCM, but I would have to sacrifice the rear-facing. Glad I didn't do that. With one-handed steering from the Bee, I play peek-a-boo with her, feed her puffs one-by-one, play give-and-take with her toys,etc. Revolutionized my shopping at the mall and a two-hour walk in the park. Much better.

I posted a review on Amazon that should be published soon.

LoveBeingMrs
05-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I've had the 2010 Bee for two weeks now and LOVE it. Super-easy to fold, either direction. The steering indoors far surpasses any of the other strollers.

The Vista is awesome, but the footprint is just larger enough to make a big difference in stores. It's also heavier to lift in and out of the trunk.

The Macs are too clattery/tippy for me. I had a Techno, which wasn't tippy at all, but it made more noise than the Bee. The rides seem somewhat similar to me, but my daughter seems much more comfortable in the Bee. SHe never protests going in and falls asleep much easier. I also can't tell you how important it's been to have her facing me. Huge difference. Biggest difference? Could NOT deal with the basket on the Techno. I can literally drop my huge diaper bag into the Bee.

My second choice was the BJCM, but I would have to sacrifice the rear-facing. Glad I didn't do that. With one-handed steering from the Bee, I play peek-a-boo with her, feed her puffs one-by-one, play give-and-take with her toys,etc. Revolutionized my shopping at the mall and a two-hour walk in the park. Much better.

I posted a review on Amazon that should be published soon.

I have the 2010 Vista, and I really want the Bee Plus! I'm afraid that it would deter me from using the Vista, though- I really love it and spent too much $ on it to have it just sitting around in our apartment. When do you still use the Vista? Please help me justify getting the Bee Plus!!

Vista width: 25"
Bee width: 18"

Vista weight: 25.5 lbs.
Bee weight: 18.5 lbs.

mrsjde
05-10-2010, 11:04 AM
There are still plenty of occasions to use the Vista-- in bad weather (if you are a city Mom). Grocery shopping. If you have a second child and use with the Rumble Seat.