PDA

View Full Version : Please actually get the facts right DH!

HIU8
05-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Ok, it really bugs me that DH glosses over facts or leaves stuff out completely. He is interviewing for his bosses position. First he says they are interviewing 7 people. Yesterday it was 7 resume's and 2 interviews (he is one of them). I called him on it and he apologized and thought about it and gave me correct information. I don't get why he does that though. Is there so much on his mind he can't keep stuff straight? This type of behavior/thought process invades all parts of his life. He glosses over things about the kids to family/friends (or just tells them wrong stuff--like the kids ages).

SOOOOOOO ANNNOYING!

Kymberley
05-05-2010, 11:18 AM
DH does this too. It must be a man thing. It drives me nuts!

ShanaMama
05-05-2010, 11:51 PM

:yeahthat: I think it's the curse of the Blackberry. Always multitasking, never focused in the minute. We've talked about it many times & recently instituted some things to counter the feeling of being a Blackberry widow.

belovedgandp
05-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh, yes, DH does that all the time too. Details that don't register for him, but information I either need or would be nice to know. Annoys me when I have to pester for info, but drives me crazy when he talks to others like it is fact.

fivi2
05-06-2010, 12:31 AM
aaarrrggghhh!! right there with you. I do not understand how a functioning adult can not communicate basic information!!

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2010, 06:33 AM
:yeahthat: DH will tell his parents some weird reason for us doing something, and I feel the need to correct him, lest they think we're nuts. Or, with job stuff, he'll WAY overexaggerate - like how much time something will take or the degree of something going on.

hellokitty
05-06-2010, 07:13 AM
:yeahthat: DH will tell his parents some weird reason for us doing something, and I feel the need to correct him, lest they think we're nuts. Or, with job stuff, he'll WAY overexaggerate - like how much time something will take or the degree of something going on.

Same situation here. What annoys me the most is that when it comes to cars, guns, elec gadgets, golf, etc., he is VERY particular about the details. However it's like he intentionally plays stupid regarding everyday things and family stuff. It ticks me off, b/c it comes off to me like he doesn't care enough to bother getting the details correct if it's a topic he isn't interested in.

TwinFoxes
05-06-2010, 07:28 AM
:yeahthat: DH will tell his parents some weird reason for us doing something, and I feel the need to correct him, lest they think we're nuts.

This is DH. It doesn't but me so much, but it's actually kind of fascinating. I had given him a hard time over Christmas for not backing me up when his sister made a comment about the girls still RF. So when MIL was visiting this weekend she asked about RF, and DH jumped right in to say "it's safer to keep them rear facing to 50LBS!" Uh...

I didn't correct him, it's not like she'll remember the exact poundage. But I thought that was hilarious.

elliput
05-06-2010, 09:00 AM
when it comes to cars, guns, elec gadgets, golf, etc., he is VERY particular about the details. However it's like he intentionally plays stupid regarding everyday things and family stuff.
My DH does this also and when I call him on it, he says something inane like "well, that isn't on my radar". Uh-huh. Put it on your radar, buddy.:30:

DH jumped right in to say "it's safer to keep them rear facing to 50LBS!" Uh...
:rotflmao: Better to over state than under state in this situation.