PDA

View Full Version : When to buy a double

lowrioh
05-05-2010, 11:28 AM
So I'm due in November so it is still early days in the pregnancy but I'm wondering if I should jump on the BJCED deal at Diapers.com. I have my first trimester screen next week and I was thinking of ordering as soon as I know that we are A OK.

I was just going to stalk CL for a deal but the prices used are more than I can get it new right now. Diapers.com has a great return policy so if I went through them and if it doesn't work out then I can return it.

I think the BJCED is going to be our best bet since although DD is only 21 months, she is already 37 in tall so we need a tall seat back and DH is 6'5" so we need a high handle height. From what I've read here the BJCED should meet our needs as far as a neighborhood walking stroller.

So should I go for it, or wait for a while?

FWIW, we have the space to store it and the funds to buy it now.

(BTW-I will be picking the stroller guru's brains later about which umbrella/car stroller would work best for us.:) )

arivecchi
05-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I'd get it! :) Love my BJCCD. You can either return it or sell it easily on CL if you change your mind.

WatchingThemGrow
05-05-2010, 11:40 AM
You mean the one in stone for $429? Hmmm...I was going to say wait until the 3rd trimester, but I know the feeling... and I love our BJCED in black. The one thing to consider is that if you CAN wait until late Nov/Dec, you may be able to get the new model (not sure if it is same or improved) but not at the discount.

lowrioh
05-05-2010, 01:13 PM
You mean the one in stone for $429?

Yes the $429 in stone. I figure if I can get the 10% new customer discount + bing + $10 referral credit that it would be around $340 which is close to half off.

I don't know if the new model improvements would really be worth the extra $$$.

arivecchi
05-05-2010, 01:25 PM
That would be a great deal! Less than what I paid for my black/stone 09 BJCCD on sale!