PDA

View Full Version : Elmo Encore Live...not working after 4 months!

dukie41181
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
What should I do? My daughter got this for Xmas from her grandparents and it hasn't been working for at least a month now. I tried to replace the batteries but the same thing happens...he starts to talk, says a few words and then just stops. I don't think its unrealistic for the toy to last more than 4-5 months! What would you do?

AJP
05-05-2010, 01:48 PM
The same thing happened to our Elmo, but I'm not sure if it's the Elmo Live or an other version. We don't have the packaging or receipt. We've had it for about 10 months now but he stopped working around Christmas. I'd love to get my $ back but I'm not sure what to do at this point either.

dukie41181
05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I just called Fisher Price and they are going to replace the toy as it has a 1 year warranty. I send him back and they send a new one. Better than a broken Elmo I suppose!

mecawa
05-05-2010, 02:57 PM
What should I do? My daughter got this for Xmas from her grandparents and it hasn't been working for at least a month now. I tried to replace the batteries but the same thing happens...he starts to talk, says a few words and then just stops. I don't think its unrealistic for the toy to last more than 4-5 months! What would you do?

This happened to ours too, when we changed the batteries he started working again though.