PDA

View Full Version : Little warts... HELP

PMJ
05-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Ok, so this makes me feel REALLY GROSS, but I have to keep telling myself that this is just a virus... and it's not so bad.. (I hOpe!)

The last time I had warts, I was 10 years old and it was from swinging on our tree swing outside.

I have a small collection of several warts (with the black eye) on my left ring finger. When I read stuff about it on the internet it said to file them down after a shower. I did that and I think it just spread, which is why I have a bunch now. It looks like a ton of dried skin and my top layer of skin has pretty much peeled off.

Please tell me how to get rid of this. It's SOO ANNOYING and gross :(

lowrioh
05-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I've used the Salicylic Acid wart removal stuff you can get at the pharmacy and it worked ok the one time. Another time, I went to my doctor and they froze it off. If I had an issue again, I would try to get my Dr to freeze it first rather than deal with the salicylic acid.

Kymberley
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Freezing is the fastest way to get rid of it. There used to be several OTC freezing options, ie. Wartner, Dr. Scholls wart remover, etc. It hurts, it sucks, but it works.

kristenk
05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Just go to your GP or dermatologist and have them remove them. I think that's the quickest, easiest way to deal with them.

elliput
05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Some other things you can try are duct tape and fingernail polish. Warts need oxygen and moisture to stay alive, so covering with either duct tape or fingernail will kill the wart.

zoestargrove
05-05-2010, 02:04 PM
We used apple cider vinegar to get rid of a wart on my son's foot (partially under his toe nail).

trentsmom
05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I've used vinegar to get rid of warts. A little stinky, but it did the job. I just Googled for directions on what to do.