PDA

View Full Version : 1yo snowboarder??

maestramommy
05-05-2010, 02:11 PM
If I hadn't seen this with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it. Actually pretty cool. But I still have a hard time believing it!

http://sopre.posterous.com/1-year-old-snowboarder

ourbabygirl
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Cool, but dangerous I would think. Couldn't they have put a helmet on her?!
We'll have to watch for her in the winter Olympics in about 16 years! :)

infomama
05-05-2010, 02:17 PM
That is adorable and she looked like she was having a blast!

infomama
05-05-2010, 02:18 PM

She had a pink helmet on..no?

maestramommy
05-05-2010, 02:19 PM

She did have a cool pink helmet, but when you watch you'll see that she wasn't wearing it for every run. I was wondering the same thing until I finally saw it!.

ourbabygirl
05-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh, woops! I just watched a little bit of it at the beginning, where it looked like she just had a hat on.

elektra
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Wow! When we took DD skiing for the first time they didn't have boots anywhere near her size at 3 yo! They said that kids usually started skiing at 3 and then move to a snowboard later. But I expect if you are a hard core snowboarder you will find a way to make it work.
And my 1 yo, can't even stand up on his own yet!

Sweetum
05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
NO WAY!! that kid can't be only a year old! they barely know how to manage their weight with their own "implements" and can no way know how to balance themselves on an attached one. And you can't really teach a 1 yo....sorry, I don't buy it!

daniele_ut
05-05-2010, 04:51 PM
My guess is that "one year old" is probably just shy of 2. Here in Utah it isn't uncommon to see 2 and 3 year olds on skis. Many of them ski REALLY well, too. A child that young can't master getting on and off the lift on a snowboard, though. There were a couple of 3 year olds in the snowboarding class at ski school when my DS was up there this winter. DS is 5 and pretty much surpassed my skiing skills in 2 lessons. They learn really fast when they're young.

infomama
05-05-2010, 05:21 PM
My guess is that "one year old" is probably just shy of 2.
:yeahthat:

happymom
05-05-2010, 06:41 PM
My guess is that "one year old" is probably just shy of 2.

Thats what I was thinking too. When we hear 1 year-old, we think 12 months. But in reality, a child is 1 until they are 2...

mrshalco
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
The picture seems a little off to me. Like notice that no one around them is looking at her snowboarding?!?! If I saw someone that small....I would stop and watch and I figure a lot of other people would be too!

Although - if it is real....it's really cool ;)

sunnyside
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
My guess is that "one year old" is probably just shy of 2. Here in Utah it isn't uncommon to see 2 and 3 year olds on skis. Many of them ski REALLY well, too. A child that young can't master getting on and off the lift on a snowboard, though. There were a couple of 3 year olds in the snowboarding class at ski school when my DS was up there this winter. DS is 5 and pretty much surpassed my skiing skills in 2 lessons. They learn really fast when they're young.

The Youtube video link says 1.3 years....

jent
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM
She did have a cool pink helmet, but when you watch you'll see that she wasn't wearing it for every run. I was wondering the same thing until I finally saw it!.

And when it is on, it's really only window dressing... it's so loose that it's likely to slide out of place and not do any good if she does fall down.

Cute video, though!

MontrealMum
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm not buying it...I think the video is doctored. Still, pretty cute though :)