PDA

View Full Version : Honda Odyssey color help

KrisM
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
There are just not a lot of Odysseys around here. We are trying to pick a color and the website colors don't seem very good to see what it really is like. The Ocean Mist, Polished Metal, and Slate Green all look like versions of gray to me.

I've been trying to find any of those IRL for a week or so. I finally saw an Odyssey Monday and it was red. Saw a silver one today. The other few I've seen are the older generation and different colors.

Anyway, if you have one of these and can help describe the color, I'd appreciate it!

Bali Blue - your basic navy blue?
Ocean Mist - a very gray looking blue?
Polished Metal - dark gray?
Slate Green - light gray? Is there any green in it at all?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
05-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I've been seeing a lot of the polished metal lately and it's a nice slate/ dark metal kind of color. It has more pizazz, imo, than the plain silver. They are all really pretty. :)

Beth

HIU8
05-05-2010, 03:56 PM
We have the 2006 version of the slate green metallic. Ours is gray with olive green undertones. When you look at it next to true gray you can see the difference. Otherwise, to be honest, it's gray and I can't tell about the green. We do like it though--esp the 2 tone interior that ours has.

megv
05-05-2010, 04:23 PM
We have white, but I struggled over the color choice as well.

Bali Blue - your basic navy blue? Very dark navy blue, and very shiny, IMO
Ocean Mist - a very gray looking blue? Actually, no. It is a brighter blue to my eye. Does not read like a grey blue to me at all.
Polished Metal - dark gray? Very nice - charcoal color.
Slate Green - light gray? Is there any green in it at all? A nice gray green.

My favorite of those is probably the polished metal.

ourbabygirl
05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
I would go with the polished metal as my first choice (very classy!), then the greenish one for my second choice (just not a fan of blue cars, though I guess navy would be o.k.). My B & SIL have a silver one, which they like, but I know that the silver is a dime a dozen- they're everywhere in the grocery parking lots, etc.

HIU8
05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
If DH would have done it, I would have gone for the cranberry. He only likes lighter colored cars though.

mom2one
05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
We have a 2008. We got the one with the slate green. I can not see the green in it, so when I have to tell the color of my car, I say silver. If I had my way, I would have gone with the red one. Oh, well....

Toba
05-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I would go with the polished metal color too. I have midnight blue pearl, guess they don't make it anymore, but there has been at least 2 service bulletins about it since I've bought it. As a matter of fact, it's at the dealer right so they can repaint the hood and roof because the clear coat is bubbling up, and then the paint comes off and leaves it down to bare primer. The other bulletin was for the plastic bumpers chipping as well. STAY AWAY from the midnight blue pearl!! LOL

I don't know if you've stopped over there before, but there is a forum/website that is all about Odys .... www.odyclub.com. They dissect the vans over there and are extremely helpful.

hellokitty
05-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a silver 2001. It is boring, but I am lazy and don't wash my car as often as I should, so it's the perfect color for me. I LOOOOVE the dark color odys, BUT I know that the upkeep to keep it looking nice takes more effort. So, if you don't like getting your car washed, you might want to stick to a lighter color, but if you are good about getting your car washed and want a darker color, go for it.

groundhog74
05-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I think mine is slate green. I like the color. It is kind of silvery green. In certain light it looks blueish though. lol

WatchingThemGrow
05-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Remember to consider the interior color with each exterior as well. Our Bali Blue is beautiful, but the leather and such is very dark gray. I love the lighter exteriors, but I guess this is good for stains. I think the navy isn't a purpley navy like my old VW Cabrio, if you know that Batik Blue.

There are a ton of the polished metal from years past, and there are a gazillion shades of silver/gray. I wanted to be able to spot mine in a parking lot, plus I'm a navy addict.

Aishe
05-05-2010, 06:35 PM
We have Ocean Mist. It's not gray at all. It's a very true, medium shade blue. Not super light, but nowhere near as dark as Bali Blue. I love it. I plan to keep the car 10+ years and I wanted something I wouldn't get tired of looking at. I think this will serve that purpose.

KrisM
05-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I like the red, but that is what DD wants and DS1 does not and I'm not going there :).

I wash my car once a week or so, so I don't need it to hide dirt all the time. We have a lot of dirt roads, so I like to get the mud and gunk off.

We have very few Odysseys in general around here. We have a ton of Town & Country and Grand Caravans (SE Michigan). They are predominently silver and navy blue. So, an Odyssey will stand out in a parking lot, just because it would probably be the only one. But, I think we're staying away from silver and navy blue.

DS1 would like green and DD does not, so if the slate green has any real green in it, I'll have to skip it.

I was leaning towards either Ocean Mist or Polished Metal. I like the sound of a nice blue. There aren't many of those at all in anything, it seems. DH's saturn is a darker gray, so he might be ready for something different.

I know my kids aren't picking the car, but I hate the thought of fighting because I got someone's favorite color and not someone else's. I think I'll look for Ocean Mist.

Thank you for all the help!