PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen recommendations for 10 month old

Stellar
05-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Any recommendations on sunscreen brands for 10 month old? I need to send something to daycare

PMJ
05-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Banana Boat

Make sure it says, "Paraben free" and at least SPF 30.

Tondi G
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
California Baby unscented or Neutrogena pure and free baby (lotion and stick) are the 2 sunscreens I purchased for our recent cruise. We used both and no one in the family got burned.

mimi2008
05-28-2010, 01:26 AM
check out this website. I always used aveeno and neutragena, banana boat etc. but looks like I need to throw those out

http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/

JaciD
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I like the Badger sunscreen and it got the highest rating from the ewg.

thelilprincess
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
i like to recommend physical sunscreens over chemical sunscreens due to any possible issues of sensitivity or allergies.

so look for zinc oxide or titanium dioxide as the sunscreen ingredient. anything else would be a chemical sunscreen.

also look for labeling of “broad-spectrum” which will screen out both UVB and UVA rays.

and sunscreen should be applied 30 minutes before sun exposure (needs to be absorbed).

reapply every 2 hours of after swimming/sweating or activity that may mean that the sunscreen has come off.

normally i say you don't need to go any higher than spf 30 unless you got a skin disease like lupus (then spf 45) just b/c you get minimal increase protection at the risk of higher quantity of chemicals and you still have to reapply every 2 hours anyhow.

but for my baby, when she's ready to use sunscreen, i will probably use Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion.

HTH

Katigre
07-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Avoid the ingredient 'oxybenzoate' in sunscreen along with Vit A (palmitate).