PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of the Phil and Ted stroller

lorinick
05-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Wondering what everyone thinks about the Phil and Ted Sport and the model above that one. Why would I get that stroller over the Bob or the BJCC or BJCE? Just trying to figure out why I would pick this stroller and how it stacks up to the other's in it's class. I know you can add a seat on the back to make it doulbe. Does it make a good double?

mrsjde
05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I am an urban mom and most moms in my neighborhood have them. I think they all really like them. Although I am in the market for a double, it is not on my list because it takes up too much room in the car.

hellokitty
05-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I have the 2nd generation P&T with the second seat and I LOOOOVE it. I could probably sell it, b/c DS1 and DS2 don't need a stroller anymore, but I can still use it for DS3 and maybe have a friend of my sil's baby ride too. :D I love it, b/c it is not super long like your typical tandem stroller and it is not super wide like your typical SBS double. It's very compact compared to other doubles, esp for one with real tires and it is very easy to push. I don't really have any negatives, the only one is that when you use the 2nd seat in the back, you lose your basket, but I was able to add a saddle bag to the side w/o issue and wore a backpack diaper bag. I've had mine for over 4.5 yrs and have been very happy to the point that P&T should probably pay me commission, b/c I've given my friends and family such + reviews, over a dozen of them have gotten a P&T based on my recommendation.

cono0507
05-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I love it. If I could do it all over again, it is the only stroller I would have owned. I've had a P3, BOB Revolution and BJCSD. Once we got the P&T it is the only one we use. We use it primarily for my 2.5yo DD but keep the back seat on for my 5 year old who occasionally rides (we do a lot of walking and he takes breaks in the seat sometimes). I just can't say enough good things about it - love the small footprint (esp for a double), the real tires, adequate sunshade, easy to maneuver. Love it! :)

WatchingThemGrow
05-05-2010, 07:41 PM
We considered it, but DH kicked the back of it when pushing it.

satchnbucky
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
We have a sport and really like it. Haven't used the doubles kit yet.
Agree with PP - big pain to put in the car (so we don't do it!), but great for long walks, etc.

JamiMac
05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I loved the P&T when I had kids the right ages. It also has a nice, high seatback for when kids are bigger toddlers. I have a long stride and never kicked it.

hellokitty
05-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh and I wanted to add too that the P&T was the stroller that pretty much made me sell my other strollers. It was my do-it-all stroller. I kept a few lightwt strollers for travel and that was it.

lorinick
05-07-2010, 09:22 AM
So wow rave reviews. Should I consider the Sport over the Bob? I always hear such great things about the Bob. Does the child in the back ever complain they can't see? Do you usually put the larger child in the front or the back or does it matter.

Jelly Bean
05-07-2010, 09:39 AM
So wow rave reviews. Should I consider the Sport over the Bob? I always hear such great things about the Bob. Does the child in the back ever complain they can't see? Do you usually put the larger child in the front or the back or does it matter.

Two of my best friends have it and here is their feedback:

Friend 1: absolutely loves it, loves the jump seat, uses it all the time for walks in the neighborhood but doesn't put it in the car because she says it's a PITB. Has a 2.5 yo and 9.5 mo and both like the back seat.

Friend 2: has a 3 yo and 1 yo - both kids HATE the back seat so she is buying a new stroller

So...I'd recommend you go to a store and try it out becuase you never know what your DCs will like!