PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have or Tested teh First Years Indigo?

Lila
05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Wondering if you can comment on the basket/storage ... the sun canopy ... the weight/fold ... and if it rides well on AT (or at least *how well* it rides on AT).

Thanks!

(I'm thinking this may be the answer to my Graco Snap-And-Go obsession - even though I have to get ride of it soon - DD is growing out of it.)

AshleyAnn
05-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I also want more info! I want a 'cool' looking stroller but can't afford the high prices.

Lila
05-05-2010, 07:44 PM
oh, is it expensive? I thought it was $150 or something on Amazon?

AshleyAnn
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
No this one is cheap - thats why I want more info. Its the other cool strollers that are well over 200 dollars, which is out of my price range at the moment. Cheapest I've found is a Maxi Cosi Foray on clearance for $180 and I pinched the crap out of my hand folding it and it hurt badly enough to make me not buy it. For the record I've folded quite a few of the recalled Macs and have NEVER pinched my hand

blondflava
05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
How about a used 'cool' stroller then? A while back I got lucky and got a used Cameleon on CL, it came with some extras, when I sold them, that brought the real price of it down to 250? And those won't lose much value when you decide to sell later :)

AshleyAnn
05-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I havent found one locally yet. I watch CL like a hawk and have only seen one Bug selling for 90% of the new price.

YouAreTheFocus
05-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Lila & AshleyAnn...I want more info on the Indigo, too! I have been tempted to buy it from diapers.com since they have such a good return policy (they will pay the return shipping if you aren't satisfied). We are ready to move on from the beloved snap n go (seat + baby = too heavy for mom), but still want to face him. Wish I could find the Indigo in a store for testing.

Multimama
05-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I thought diapers.com didn't stock the Indigo? I've already thought of that idea. :) Off to check if they now have it in stock!

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I thought diapers.com didn't stock the Indigo? I've already thought of that idea. :) Off to check if they now have it in stock!

It's in stock!
http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=25478

YouAreTheFocus
05-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Last week they had red but not grey, this week is grey but not red! I'm leaning towards red ;)

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
I really want one and I don't know why. We already have plenty of strollers! Someone please stop me!

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Dude, no one stopped me, so I ordered it! :eek:

Suzanne74
05-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I can't believe you bought it. :ROTFLMAO:

I want one too - Tell me if you like it. I really want a red one but I already have the Flyer, which I love but hate the fold. This fold looks more compact.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I can't believe you bought it. :ROTFLMAO:

I want one too - Tell me if you like it. I really want a red one but I already have the Flyer, which I love but hate the fold. This fold looks more compact. Will do. I have no idea why, but this stroller has me in a trance! :loveeyes: I ordered the red one!

mimi2008
05-06-2010, 05:35 PM
"Dude, no one stopped me, so I ordered it! " :hysterical: So funny!
:bowdown:I'm jealous.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I think I am a stroller addict. :help:

http://www.sheknows.com/articles/803469/stroller-addicts-anonymous

Multimama
05-06-2010, 09:00 PM

I am so excited! I can't wait for your review. :) Especially I want to know how much it weighs IRL.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 09:04 PM
It's supposed to arrive Sat., so I will post one shortly thereafter!

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Ok, now I'm coming to hang out and play in YOUR garage!

There needs to be a company like BagBorrowSteal for strollers. How cool would that be to rent a stroller for a week or a month, and then trade it in for something else?

PRmommy
05-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I am so excited! I can't wait for your review. :) Especially I want to know how much it weighs IRL.

Me too! I can't believe you bought it. LOL!

Suzanne74
05-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Will do. I have no idea why, but this stroller has me in a trance! :loveeyes: I ordered the red one!

I want the red one too!! The only reason we are stroller addicts is because we come here daily. We need to stop!

salsah
05-06-2010, 11:40 PM
There needs to be a company like BagBorrowSteal for strollers. How cool would that be to rent a stroller for a week or a month, and then trade it in for something else?

i thought of that, i mean i actually seriously thought about it -- thought about starting it myself. but i ran into a few logistical issues so i dropped the idea. (and i didn't have much support from my non-stroller obsessed family.)

Kymberley
05-06-2010, 11:43 PM

That is freakin hysterical! I can't wait for a review!

strollerqueen
05-07-2010, 02:03 AM
I think I am a stroller addict. :help:

http://www.sheknows.com/articles/803469/stroller-addicts-anonymous

"Stroller whore"? Wow, way harsh. :nodno: Why, do we as women, always feel this terrible need to put ourselves down? :6: (Not you, I mean the writer of the article. :hug:) I mean, there are a LOT worse things in life than having a stroller collection! :love-retry:

strollerqueen
05-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Ok, now I'm coming to hang out and play in YOUR garage!

That idea is exactly why we started "Strollerswap"! We even had a "Stroller Library" for a while. :tongue5:

arivecchi
05-07-2010, 11:57 AM
"Stroller whore"? Wow, way harsh. :nodno: Why, do we as women, always feel this terrible need to put ourselves down? :6: (Not you, I mean the writer of the article. :hug:) I mean, there are a LOT worse things in life than having a stroller collection! :love-retry: I thought she was joking? I'll have to re-read it.

On a serious note, SQ, how do I deal with stroller addiction? Is there a rehab program for this? ;)

arivecchi
05-07-2010, 11:58 AM
That idea is exactly why we started "Strollerswap"! We even had a "Stroller Library" for a while. :tongue5: I need to join. Where do I go?

arivecchi
05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I want the red one too!! The only reason we are stroller addicts is because we come here daily. We need to stop! Word. If I wasn't so freaking up to date, I would not be so tempted!

Glad I was able to make you guys laugh! :)

pastrygirl
05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Subbing for a review! Though I think I kicked my stroller habit for now... and turned it into a carrier habit. Carriers can get pretty dang expensive!!

star04
05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
The red color is $124.61 on Amazon. :innocent:

TwoBees
05-07-2010, 02:53 PM
How much is the listed weight? 24#? I'm also curious how compact the fold is. And the size of the wheels. Can't wait for the review!!

AshleyAnn
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I am SO excited for a review!

arivecchi
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
The review will have to wait until next week. Even though I have Amazon Prime, Amazon changed the delivery date after I placed the order so it will now be delivered on Monday. :32:Order from diapers.com if you can. I cannot believe they switched the delivery date without contacting me. :mad:

salsah
05-07-2010, 06:07 PM
The review will have to wait until next week. Even though I have Amazon Prime, Amazon changed the delivery date after I placed the order so it will now be delivered on Monday. :32:Order from diapers.com if you can. I cannot believe they switched the delivery date without contacting me. :mad:

how dare they! don't they know that we are all waiting?:popc1:

poohbear
05-07-2010, 07:52 PM

I can't believe you cheated on diapers.com! You :heartbeat: them!
I have to say, I too, am intrigued by this stroller. I'm on a moratorium. I have too many strollers right now...
ETA - I just checked and it's out of stock at diapers - that's probably why you went amazon, huh? - bummer because with bing and a pricematch, that bad boy would be $112 in red!

Jenng
05-07-2010, 09:04 PM
This whole thread is why I love this board :rotflmao:

And now I must confess ::::::standing up::::::

I am.... a "strolleraholic".

I like that better than stroller whore! LMAO

You know I can't wait to see the review on this stroller too... I guess we'll have to wait til Monday! :waving4:

TwoBees
05-07-2010, 09:38 PM

I'd be :32: too!

I really love the BJCM but I'd love a small, relatively inexpensive, parent-facing stroller for shopping. And it looks so pretty!

Jenng
05-08-2010, 12:00 AM
:yeahthat: I have had many great, long, shopping excursions because my DS could see me the entire time. I think it makes a world of difference in "their world" that they can see their parents.

strollerqueen
05-08-2010, 03:25 AM
I thought she was joking? I'll have to re-read it.

On a serious note, SQ, how do I deal with stroller addiction? Is there a rehab program for this?

What??? You're not a member??? Oh yes, you must join us in Strollerland. It is such a fun place to be! :yay::thumbsup::love-retry::applause::cheerleader1::bighand:

arivecchi
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I can't believe you cheated on diapers.com! You :heartbeat: them!
I have to say, I too, am intrigued by this stroller. I'm on a moratorium. I have too many strollers right now...
ETA - I just checked and it's out of stock at diapers - that's probably why you went amazon, huh? - bummer because with bing and a pricematch, that bad boy would be $112 in red! Yep. Diapers.com won't have the red one until June 30, so I had to go with Amazon and they immediately let me down. :(

arivecchi
05-08-2010, 09:36 AM
but I'd love a small, relatively inexpensive, parent-facing stroller for shopping. And it looks so pretty! :yeahthat: Exactly! My dictator will look soooooo cute in the red stroller! :)

Suzanne74
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
It is taking everything in my power to not buy this stroller. I actually hope you don't like it so I can save some money. :ROTFLMAO:

TwoBees
05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
It is taking everything in my power to not buy this stroller. I actually hope you don't like it so I can save some money. :ROTFLMAO:

:hysterical: I was thinking the EXACT same thing. DH and I decided last week to tighten our budget...and would never understand why I want a stroller when we have two perfectly good ones...

Maybe I should explain to him that it is similar to wanting a new tv when the ones we have are perfectly fine. :boogie:

arivecchi
05-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Maybe I should explain to him that it is similar to wanting a new tv when the ones we have are perfectly fine. :boogie: That is THE perfect analogy. My DH is such an enabler. We have 3 strollers already (not counting the one at grandma's :bag) that cost a bundle, but after I mentioned the price ($124), he told me to just order it! :jammin: I think it was reverse sticker shock given what we have paid for the others.

Suzanne74
05-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Today is the day! :yay::cheerleader1::bighand::applause::bighand:

Lila
05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Eagerly awaiting the review!!!!!!

arivecchi
05-10-2010, 10:45 AM
:rotflmao:

Glad to see others are excited! I cannot wait till I get home from work today! I will do my best to post a review tonight! Hopefully the dictator cooperates. You never know what mood he will be in. :rolleyes:

pastrygirl
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Aaaaahhh!!! Waiting, waiting, waiting!!

arivecchi
05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
What??? You're not a member??? Oh yes, you must join us in Strollerland. It is such a fun place to be! I joined!!! Weeeeeee!!!!!:yay:

If the UPS man does not bring this stroller today, he is getting a beat-down. :11:

Suzanne74
05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
:rotflmao:

Glad to see others are excited! I cannot wait till I get home from work today! I will do my best to post a review tonight! Hopefully the dictator cooperates. You never know what mood he will be in. :rolleyes:

WHAT??? You didn't call in sick? Sooooo disappointed in you. We are all waiting and you just go off to work. Come on!!! :p

arivecchi
05-10-2010, 02:55 PM
WHAT??? You didn't call in sick? Sooooo disappointed in you. We are all waiting and you just go off to work. Come on!!! :p Is it crazy that the thought did enter my mind? :ROTFLMAO:

I checked the tracking number and it is in transit ladies! :boogie:

sunnyside
05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm looking forward to reading the review also!

AshleyAnn
05-10-2010, 05:03 PM
So excited! I want a new stroller so please love it!!!

Lila
05-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Bueller? Bueller?

TwoBees
05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm here! Meetings all day at work and I finally have time to check in. If DC doesn't cooperate, take it out for a stroll empty! I can't wait much longer!:cool:

strollerqueen
05-10-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL, now I'm waiting for the report, too! :tongue5: