PDA

View Full Version : WWYD/Havaianas sizing?

salsah
05-06-2010, 02:25 AM
i'm between sizes and can't decide which size to get or if havaianas are just not for me. i tried some on at the gap today and found that the 8/9 fits but my toes and heels are just at the edges. i like a little bit of space between my toes/heels and the edge of a sandal or flip-flop. but the 9/10 is just too big, there is too much space around my foot. i'm afraid that with either one, i look like i'm wearing the wrong size. am i being too picky, should i just get one? if so, which one? or should i just forget about it and find another brand of flip-flops that do fit me? and if so, which brands do you recommend?

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 07:56 AM
I find that with simple flip flops, when I size down, I end up stubbing my toe on the pavement. I'd size up in the case of Havianas. I'm also between sizes though, and Havianas just weren't for me.

Do you specifically want Havianas, or are you just looking for comfy flip flops?

ltmommy
05-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I had this problem with Crocs flip-flops. I sized up and now I hardly ever wear them because they are just too darn big. I say if neither size fits great, try a different brand. It is just not worth it.

salsah
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Do you specifically want Havianas, or are you just looking for comfy flip flops?

just want comfy flip flops. i wanted to try havaianas because i heard so many great things about them. but i guess that they're just not for me.

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
just want comfy flip flops. i wanted to try havaianas because i heard so many great things about them. but i guess that they're just not for me.

LL Bean has nice flip flops. I'm guessing that Lands' End are nice too. And these are super comfy
http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/styles/best_sellers/product/reggae_-_rasta/olv/?terms=rasta
They are more of a sandal than a flip flop though

groundhog74
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I've always love my JCrew flip flops, the fabric ones. Very comfy. Now I barely wear flips flops thought since they aren't great for my back. I pretty much live in my Keens.

Tondi G
05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I have 2 pairs of flip flops from Old Navy that I really like. They are not the regular ones ... they are the metallic ones, they fit differently on me. They are sized individually, which I like. Here they are

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55152&vid=1&pid=522932&scid=522932022

briarrose
05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
I love my Tevas. I have them in black on black. They have the mush footbed which is soft yet has a bit of an arch support.

http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=w&categoryID=426&productID=6840&model=Olowahu

HTH Barb

Babymakes3
05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
I LOVE Havaianas and have tons of them! I would try them on somewhere other than Gap though. I have found that I can't order them online bc the sizing is never the same, I have to try them on first. You would think the company would be consistent but it's not at all. Nordstrom is where I get most of mine.
You should also check out Reefs and Rainbows. I have some of both and love those too but my Havi's are my go to shoes pretty much everyday!

cono0507
05-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Another vote for Teva Mush or Teva Olowahu. I have both and they are very comfy!

bubbaray
05-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I actually prefer Reefs to Tevas, I just find they fit me better. But I have both. I also own many Havi's. I've actually had to stop wearing them, for some reason, they irritate my feet now. Not sure if its an allergy or irritation from the rubber or ????

salsah
05-13-2010, 03:21 AM
thanks for the suggestions. i'll try some of these other ones and also try on some haviaina's at nordstrom to see if they fit differently.

citymama
05-13-2010, 06:28 AM
I always size down with havaianas and have never had a problem. I usually buy mine at a local Brazilian store - are there any near where you live?

MommyAllison
05-17-2010, 12:39 PM
I found mine at Nordstrom Rack last year, if you need another place to try!