PDA

View Full Version : Old tickets to Disney World

charmcitymom
05-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Hello All,
So my family is looking forward to a trip to Disney World this summer and we are looking for cost savings wherever possible. I understand it's not the best time for prices, lines, etc but with school and everything else, the summer is our only time.
I have bought multi-day passes on previous occasions but have some tickets that still had 1-2 days left on them. At the time we were told you could use the remaining days any time later. Is this true? Has anyone ever done this? These tickets are really quite old but have that strip on the back.
Many thanks for an answer and any other ideas on how to cut down on cost and TIME on lines, etc

klwa
05-06-2010, 07:26 AM
So long as they were bought back before they began expiring (January 2005), they're still good. I think you have to trade them in for the new style passes once you get there.

egoldber
05-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Hmm. We have old passes with "Plus" features left on them (from pre 2005) and we just continue to use them in the turnstiles like any regular ticket. But we only use them at water parks, But I think it's the same ticket system.

dfb05
05-06-2010, 07:31 PM
As someone else mentioned, as long as they were from before they expired,they are still good. My sister has about 3 days' worth left and is thinking of joining us when we take our trip in September.

How many days do you have left? I'm just asking because it's really not saving any money if you bought, say, a 4-day hopper and wanted to use your old ticket for days 5 and 6. Once you hit 4 or 5 days, the disney tickets are only about $3-$5 more per day. But, if you have enough for, say, 1 person to use only old tickets so that you didn't have to buy a ticket at all for that person, then that would be a good cost savings. The only thing you want to make sure is if the other people in your party can hop, can the old tickets "hop", or can you just go to 1 park/day on them? That's something you'd need to check with Disney on.

charmcitymom
05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
As someone else mentioned, as long as they were from before they expired,they are still good. My sister has about 3 days' worth left and is thinking of joining us when we take our trip in September.

How many days do you have left? I'm just asking because it's really not saving any money if you bought, say, a 4-day hopper and wanted to use your old ticket for days 5 and 6. Once you hit 4 or 5 days, the disney tickets are only about $3-$5 more per day. But, if you have enough for, say, 1 person to use only old tickets so that you didn't have to buy a ticket at all for that person, then that would be a good cost savings. The only thing you want to make sure is if the other people in your party can hop, can the old tickets "hop", or can you just go to 1 park/day on them? That's something you'd need to check with Disney on.

thanks! that's a good point. I think I have enough for one person but I'm not sure. I wonder if there's a way to check how many days I have on there. I don't have the tickets in front of me but I wonder if there's some sort of number on there. Also, I think they were hoppers but, again, I'm not sure. They're fairly old. I may have to wait until I get down there to see what I actually have.

egoldber
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I wonder if there's a way to check how many days I have on there.

You can take them to any Guest Services location (Downtown Disney and any park) and they can tell you what type of ticket it is, how many days are on it, etc.

pharmjenn
05-08-2010, 04:13 AM
You may want to call Disney and see if they can tell over the phone. There are so many ways to get tickets cheaper than at the gate, I would hate to wait and see what the tickets are and then have to buy tickets at the gate, vs getting a good deal online prior to your trip and knowing the old tickets will get one person in (or more)
I also have a couple old tickets, purchased for a trip in 2004. Used them again in 2006 and still have days on them, but remember that we had to use a fingerprint to get in each time on the 2006 trip. Always wonder whether I ended up with my sisters and vice versa. Won't know till we take another trip out there in a few years!

Melbel
05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I second calling in advance. I have found Disney customer service to be very helpful. Even if your tickets have expired, you may be able to pay a nominal amount to convert them to non-expiring tickets for a nominal charge (we were successful in doing so a couple of years ago).

charmcitymom
05-08-2010, 12:05 PM
thanks Pharmjenn and melbel! I'll give it a go!

klwa
05-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Also, if you might need any additional tickets, you might want to sign up for the Mousesavers newsletter ( http://www.mousesavers.com/ ) to get tickets cheaper through Undercover Tourist. The 15th of the month they usually send a link to special discounted tickets.