PDA

View Full Version : sleep help question!

dragop21
05-06-2010, 08:07 AM
okay I have an 11.5 month old. he is just learning how to cruise. his brain is going like every hour, you can almost see the wheels turning!
so this is my problem. its light really early and he has been waking up at 6am for the day. he goes down for a nap at around 930-1015am and sleeps for 1-2 hours. then HE IS UP FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. I can't seem to get him down for another late afternoon nap. today he fell asleep out of pure exhaustion at like 430, I "let him" sleep until 5 knowing I would be shooting myself for it later and sure enough, he was like IMPOSSIBLE to put to bed two hours later.
sigh.

I am not sure if just one nap is adequate for an 11.5 month old, if he sleeps from 7-7 or even 7-6. I am not sure if I should wake him up from his morning nap or push it out and just do the one nap thing.

but he cried for 1.5 hours tonight while I was trying to put him to bed. he used to be the EASIEST kid ever and now he freaked out! I don't even care that I still get up with him honestly, but I do need to be able to put him down and be done with it for a couple hours at night.
so suggestions? ideas? I am okay with 5-10 minutes of complainy crying, but nothing over that, just so you get where I am coming from...

HELP!

brittone2
05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Both of my older kids dropped to one nap fairly early. With DS1 it was around 11ish months and DD was even a little earlier if I remember right. They started taking a longer afternoon nap instead (from maybe 1-4 or so?).

Katigre
05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I would try to consolidate him to one nap (both my kids dropped tp one nap by 11 months old). So push his morning nap off until 10:30/11am and then that should help tide him over until he can fall asleep for the night around 7pm (probably closer to 6:30 at first since they need an earlier bedtime until they're used to 1 nap).

Last night it sounds like he was completely overtired, so I think if you can tweak his naps that will help.