PDA

View Full Version : So I Ended Up with a Twin Triumph for Now...

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I am an urban Mom who does use the car frequently. I have the Vista (11/07) and Rumble Seat and I hate it. After several weeks of research, I was pretty much sold on the Mountain Buggy Duo. However, watching the youtube video on the stroller, I realized that it is a monster and would take up my entire trunk (and I drive a SUV too). I was thinking about just getting the Bob duo, but as my DH pointed out to me, I won't even fold/ unfold and life the single so why would I do it for the duo. In addition, I really need to find something with an adjustable handlebar for DH (6'5)-- you know for that one time out of the year that he will push the kids.

Anyhow, until I decide what to get, I purchased a Twin Triumph in the mean time mainly due to the reviews. In addition, my single Triumph has always been one of my favorites.

jacksmoma
05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
you'd be really happy with a bjcmd then- just as light as your twin triumph but tonssss more features and easier fold. it's the best double!!!!

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd prefer the Twin Triumph to the BJCMD just because my tall 3 yo does not fit in a BJCM. Let us know how you like it!

jacksmoma
05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd prefer the Twin Triumph to the BJCMD just because my tall 3 yo does not fit in a BJCM. Let us know how you like it!

that's true...my talll (39") 2 1/2 year old barely fits in our bjcmd but i love that thing so much we'll make it work till the end...though when the canopy is out he has TONS of headroom, maybe 6 inches??? who knows!!

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I just took it to the Zoo- one of the best tests. It is beyond fantastic! I love it!

So easy to get in and out of the car. 5 month old & 2 year old both comfy, so easy to push, not tippy with diaper bag. Only thing is that I definitely need to get a sun shade.

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Awesome! I'm glad you like it. I've always wanted one. My neighbor has one for her 8 mo old and tall 4yo. They both fit great.

Holy smokes! You've got quite the stroller collection!

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes-- and DH is getting tired of seeing my growing collection :wink2:

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Which one is your favorite?

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
The Bee and Triumph are tied for#1

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Interesting! I love my Triumph too! It is the perfect umbrella stroller. My DH hates baby gear and he says we just need the Triumph and should sell our other strollers (Valco Trimode and BJCCD). LOL!

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Ha! I think our DHs think alike!

lowrioh
05-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Can you let us know how your DH likes the Triumph. My DH is also 6'5" but as a SAHD he will be pushing the stroller a LOT.