PDA

View Full Version : What's your lifestyle and what's in your stroller collection?

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm curious, what is your lifestyle (urban, suburban, mall crawler, outdoorsy, etc) and what strollers do you own?

I'm a suburbanite mall crawler who also like to go to the park or walk around the block with DD. We have a Mac ET and a BJCM (so far).

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Ummm..in-town living - some car, some foot-travel, 3x/year air travel, 3 DC within 36mos.... Not much mall-crawling, not tons of errands with them in tow.
listed by amount of use, but they do all get used!:
BJCED
Cameleon
Triumph
BJ q-series triple
BJCMD
Burley

TwoBees
05-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Ummm..in-town living - some car, some foot-travel, 3x/year air travel, 3 DC within 36mos.... Not much mall-crawling, not tons of errands with them in tow.
listed by amount of use, but they do all get used!:
BJCED
Cameleon
Triumph
BJ q-series triple
Triumph
BJCMD
Burley
Can I come live in your garage and play? :wink2:

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Urban dweller. We live 3 blocks from a zoo and have tons of parks nearby as well as shops and restaurants. We also use our strollers on buses and subways. Our fleet:

1) Valco Trimode with Hitch Hiker: great for parks nearby and shopping trips in stores with wide aisles due to huge basket; awesome in snow

2) BJCCD: our workhorse: zoo, parks, grocery/pharmacy runs, trips on L (subway) during the day (non-rush hr)

3) Maclaren Triumph: air travel, bus, trains, car

We also have a RF wagon that we use a ton in the summer.

mecawa
05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
We are both outdoorsy/athletic, and mall crawlers who live in the suburbs and have to drive everywhere, we also travel 2-3x a year and we have 2 girls, 5 yrs. apart. We have a-
Maclaren Triumph
BJCM
BOB SUS

I think our stroller collection is complete (unless we decide to have a third).

mama2zoe
05-06-2010, 02:56 PM
7 strollers, holy moly! You must have a basement or an empty spot in the garage. I always wonder where people store everything.

I've "just" got 2 strollers. Of course I only have one DC in a stroller:) My DD1 is 5 1/2. DD2 is 2 and I use my Graco Metrolite (Rittenhouse pattern, love it!) and a Chicco (the umbrella one that is lime green with dots...)

Since we're going to Disney in July (driving) and I'm thinking DD1 may need to be in a stroller some when she gets tired, I'm actually getting a third stroller (either Keekaroo Karoo or Maclaren Triumph) and will most likely get rid of one of the 1st two...

Once we get back from Disney, I'm sure I'll be on here getting advice on which of my other strollers to get rid of!

salsah
05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
2 kids (5 and 2.5), suburbs, the strollers currently in use are a zippy and mbud.

elektra
05-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Suburban, mall crawler (most of the malls we go to are outdoor malls)
BOB Duallie
P3
MBUS
Volo

mrsjde
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Urban Mom who drives/ travels alot with a house at the beach.

Uppababy Vista w/ Rumble Seat- was stroller that was using for the two kids until I got the Twin Triumph today.

Bee- My "go-to" stroller when I only have one of my children with me
Bob- Beach stroller
Triumph- Plane travel
Techno- Plane travel w/ DH
Micralite Fastfold- stroller I used around town before Bee

jacksmoma
05-06-2010, 04:02 PM
surbanite with two kids- 2.5 and 11 months. mostly used on errands, walk to park once or so a week, and at outdoor malls with dh

bjcm- mostly for 11 month old, used for errands, lives in my car
bjcmd- longer outtings, the odd nieghborhood walk

planning on getting a wagon for this summer, trips to the neighborhood pool, should work better then my bjcmd since i'm weird about getting it dirty! very happy with my two strollers, would love a double bob but i just don't have the energy this time around with two kids!

DrSally
05-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Suburban. I don't go to the mall much at all, but go to the zoo and stores (mostly in strip malls).

Graco metrolite (broken hood, so don't use anymore), was good for snapping in the carseat for quick trips in and out of a store

P3--the main one I use. Once we figured out the toddler step, love it.

Baby Trend sit and stand--has only been used a few times. So bulky, front seat not that deep, and DS doesn't really sit that much.

ellies mom
05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Lots of outdoor walking in all weather and surfaces, some mall crawling.

Valco Trimode - Main stroller, used for walks, zoo, farmer's markets, festivals, etc.
Mac Quest - Car stroller, used for mall and other indoor stuff, very limited outdoor stuff
Peg Perego P3 - Back up stroller, outlet mall shopping because it doesn't tip, rarely used but not ready to get rid of it yet.

crl
05-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Urban with a lot of walking but no public transit.

I have a MB Swift and a Silver Cross Mini. The Mini is left over from DS and has not much recline so it's not in current use. I'm keeping it for a future airport stroller.

Catherine

cono0507
05-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Outdoorsy, lots of walking everywhere. No mall crawling. Love our P&T with jump seat on the back for my 2.5yo and 5yo.

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Can I come live in your garage and play? :wink2:
If we had one! ;) Each car holds a single and a double - a must with 3 little ones so close in age. Actually, I realized the Triumph was listed twice. DH actually wants the new green one, so maybe that's a premonition. Really we have just 4.

The triple doesn't really count, does it? It's more like a ride at the fair than a "stroller." And the Burley...well, that's DH's people hauler, but we put the front wheel on and used it at the beach last week. It is GREAT for the beach!

Suzanne74
05-06-2010, 11:16 PM
We are a little bit of everything:

Had the Snap n Go, loved it thru the winter. Time to sell it.

Bumbleride Flyer - love this stroller and it is my 8mo old favorite because she can face me and because the seat is sturdy and completely upright. The fold is easy but awkward and it is a PIA to put in/out of the car. So I purchased the...

Perego Si - My "in the car" easy fold stroller. Problem is, I still can't get the Flyer out. DD loves it too much. I need to sell one of these. Why can't the Flyer have the Si fold. UGH!!!

Just purchased a BJCE - used for outdoors walks and will use for zoo and other long day trips.

Maclaren Volo - saved this from my older DD. Will use when 8mo old is slightly older and all forms of airplane/train travel.

SnuggleBuggles
05-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Walks around the neighborhood for leisure, stroller for some errands, stroller for baseball games, stroller for longer outings.

For neighborhood walks and longer outings- Graco Metrolite.

For all else-Maclaren Volo

Beth

lorinick
05-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Suburban. Mall walker errands and walking paved surfaces mostly. City trains once and while.

Graco Metro Light- really liked the stroller. Retired now.
Mac Quest- Trains, vaction, quick trips to mall and stores.
BJCM- In love. Used most of the time. Zoo, mall, outdoor walking.

becca_g
05-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Outdoorsy, live in small rural town within reasonable drive of shopping centers/malls:

Chicco Cortina - car stroller; like the all-wheel suspension, quality fabric, and that our Chicco Keyfit30 snaps into it (haven't found the 22 lb. weight to be an issue but would prefer a larger sunshade)
Snap 'n Go - for travel and 2nd car stroller
BJ Summit XC - just purchased for outdoor use

MontrealMum
05-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Urban, outdoorsy, and live across the street from a major park and bike path. One DS.

We have:
BOB
Mac Quest
Chariot w/all the kits

We use the BOB for most walks including to/from daycare in the nicer weather, on plowed/packed paths in the winter and on the packed sand by the river. Occasional use in the mall, some light running by DH. GREAT for shopping and hanging clothes off the back!

The Mac is primarily used for shopping (stores are narrow here and often up/down a flight of stairs), occasional Metro rides, doctor visits, in the women's locker room at the gym :), and for travel. Is often stored in the car.

The Chariot was purchased as a bike/ski trailer and those are its main uses. It might occasionally be used for running (DH would like to get back into this, his knees have other ideas), and will replace the BOB as our "tougher" stroller when DS outgrows the BOB. So far, though, at 39" and 2yr9mos. we have not yet reached that point.

Multimama
05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
urban/suburban with lots of public transport use

Strollers in use are:
Britax Blink
BJCE

But we don't use the strollers all that much since DS likes to walk and sometimes we just wear him (me) or carry him (DH) when he no longer wants to.

maestramommy
05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm a suburban babywearer who sometimes has to go to the mall, and is trying to get back into running:p

We have a Mac Techno, a Baby Jogger and an Ironman Duaille. The Mac usually sits in our trunk, and the running strollers are waiting for a race to come along!

Jelly Bean
05-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Suburban/urban - live in DC suburbs, lots of driving, but tons of downtown areas in DC/MD/VA to walk around.

Vista in rear facing position - zoo, long walks, gardens, outdoor malls, indoor malls when I'm going for more than just a quick trip

BJCE - bought used from a friend, don't feel bad that it doesn't get a lot of use but might use it more later on

Maclaren Quest - quick trips, restaurants, doctor appts, leave it in the car

BJCM - bought for my mom who watches DD full time. She uses it for everything, and DH and I have "borrowed" it (we paid for it afterall!) for sunny vacations.

**Drooling over the new Bee** :love-retry:

DebbieJ
05-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Suburbanite--mostly errands/shopping, school drop off/pickup, and neighborhood walks on paved sidewalks

P3
Snap N Go
Volo

Right now the P3 gets the most use. We're going to Disney World in June and we'll use the P3 for DS2 and bring the Volo just in case for DS1. I still use the SnG for quick trips in and out of the car.

swissair81
05-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm a suburban mom with 3 kids & one on the way. I have (deep breath)
Uppababy Vista with Rumbleseat
BJCMD
Bugaboo Bee (for my car)
Mac Techno XT (for my husband's car)
Peg Si (for my mother's house)
I just got a BJCED to play with (it was $100 off, I couldn't resist)

I am selling a few on CL now. I operate a full fledged stroller stock market out of my house. I try things out & sell them if I don't like them.

WatchingThemGrow
05-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm a suburban mom with 3 kids & one on the way. I have (deep breath)
Uppababy Vista with Rumbleseat
BJCMD
Bugaboo Bee (for my car)
Mac Techno XT (for my husband's car)
Peg Si (for my mother's house)
I just got a BJCED to play with (it was $100 off, I couldn't resist)

I am selling a few on CL now. I operate a full fledged stroller stock market out of my house. I try things out & sell them if I don't like them.
What are you selling? Just curious.. With the three LOs close together, I find I get a LOT of use out of my doubles, plus the wheeled board on the Bugaboo or the hitchhiker on the BJCED, plus the Ergo.

swissair81
05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
2009 Peg Switch
2009 Vista (don't even ask)
2006 MBUS (with bassinet)
2005 Inglesina Espresso (I think I have to give this one away. No one wants it. I listed it for $50 & no one bit.)

Oh I get use out of all my doubles. In totally different ways.

mama2zoe
05-08-2010, 12:46 AM
DebbieJ, I love Dave Ramsey too!

WatchingThemGrow
05-08-2010, 06:26 AM
2009 Peg Switch
2009 Vista (don't even ask)
2006 MBUS (with bassinet)
2005 Inglesina Espresso (I think I have to give this one away. No one wants it. I listed it for $50 & no one bit.)

Oh I get use out of all my doubles. In totally different ways.
lol - I thought you were selling things from the list - didn't realize there were MORE!

hillview
05-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Kids are 2.5 and 4.75. We live in sidewalk suburbs and travel often. We have
Mac Quest for DS1 for travel or in the city for a full day or a zoo or disney
BJCM for DS2 for everyday and travel / city etc
BabyJogger (not sure what it is but a jogging fixed wheel number) for jogging and going to more rugged terrain/longer walks from our house
P&T Sport going to more rugged terrain/longer walks from our house (use only as a single)

Not in use but still on property: zooper waltz and a Quinny Zapp.

/hillary

Carrots
05-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Urban/suburban. I do tons of walking with DD (#2 expected in July) and our dog in the summer along cobblestone, brick, bumpy pavement sidewalks and bike paths.

For DD1 I used:
2005 Zooper Boogie I bought from CL (LOVE this stroller)
Mac Quest and Volo for quick mall trips
Chicco Cortina Travel System - hated, hated, hated!!
Snap & Go - loved

Double:
BJCED
Will probably pick up a some sort of umbrella double after I finish wearing baby 2.

AnnieW625
05-08-2010, 11:54 PM
We live in suburbia, 20 miles south of Los Angeles. Both DH and I work full time and both own a car. We live down the street from a park, 1/2 mile from grocery/drug stores, and two miles or so from two malls.

We own:
Maclaren Triumph (soon to be retired to my parent's house for when we visit there)
Dreamer Design Slingshot single jogger
Maclaren Techno XLR
Uppa Baby Vista

We will soon be owning a Bob Revolution Duallie, which will be used for our 3 mile walks a couple of times a week with our dog, and most likely the beach. We have mainly used our Maclaren for the last 4 yrs for pretty much everything. I wasn't planning on getting the XLR, but I found a great deal on the floor model so that will most likely be our do everything stay in trunk stroller for DD2. The Vista has gotten most of it's use from DD1 and is currently being used a stroller frame for DD2 and the bassinet is DD2s bed for the time being. We have also taken it on a few walks w/ DD2. We will most likely sell it once DD2 outgrows the bassinet. The single jogger will be used for DD2 walks without DD1 and for Stroller Strides classes that I am planning to take.

jjenniebug
06-26-2010, 10:54 PM
I am SO glad to hear there are other stroller addicts in the world! My husband thinks I'm nuts with all of our strollers and looks at me very cross-ways anytime I mention "needing" another stroller for one reason or another.

We live in the suburbs, do a little mall crawling and a few walks in our neighborhood when the Texas heat is not stiffling. We have:

BJCM (still trying to get past the small storage basket)
Jeep Liberty Jogger (found for cheap on CL and I actually love it!)
Snap and Go- used for the past 4 months almost exclusively and I might cry when we have to pack it up! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
Combi Cosmo EX Umbrella- haven't used yet but got it on major sale at BRU and plan to use it on an upcoming trip to Canada when DD is 5 months

Strollers I heart :heartbeat::
Uppababy Vista
BOB Revolution
Mac Triumph

swissair81
06-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Now I have to change my lineup. It changed this month.

I sold all the sellable strollers.

I now have a BJCMD & Bee in my car
Swift in DH's car
Techno at mom's house
MB Duo for walks
Vista just because, but it's going to be my bassinet stroller for a while.

(I also have a Snugrider for $30 off CL for very quick errands, but it's not in use right now. That doesn't count, right?)

arivecchi
06-27-2010, 11:05 AM
New line-up here as well:

sold Valco Trimode and replaced with it a Mountain Buggy Swift with Valco Hitch Hiker - best stroller ever :jammin:

BJCCD

Maclaren Triumph (with new liners - LOL)

First Years Indigo (could not resist a reversible stroller for that price!)

swissair81
06-27-2010, 11:06 AM
So you're not keeping the Transporter?

scriptkitten
06-27-2010, 11:10 AM
urban downtown near lots of parks. do 95% of all shopping, errands, traveling via stroller.

summer weekends at a country home in upstate NY. very outdoorsy.

plane travel a few times a year

bob revolution duallie - everyday stroller
P&T Vibe with doubles seat - for subways/buses and stores the bob can't make it around
mac twin techno from CL - i hate this stroller. its good for airline abuses, however

arivecchi
06-27-2010, 11:23 AM
So you're not keeping the Transporter?
No. It's nice but too much stroller for us.

jacksmoma
06-27-2010, 12:19 PM
No. It's nice but too much stroller for us.

you must post pics of your transporter! it does look like a rather large stroller :)

my lineup has changed too (big shock!)....

bob duallie 12" AW in black- keep in garage for walks to park/field and use for longer times out (where there will be lots of walking and 2 1/2 year old cannot be trusted to follow us! outdoor malls, laguna beach etc..)

bjcm stays in my trunk- when we drive to park, library, bookstore, errands in general where there are no shopping carts for both kiddos and my 2 1/2 year old can walk :)