PDA

View Full Version : baby hates BJCM-HELP

ateret
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi,

We got our 8 month old the BJCM and she does not like it at all. We tried going out with her a few times and she does not even last 30 minuteswithout complaining. Can anyone think of why she does not like it? Before I return it and try and find another stroller. It only took us 3 month to decide on this one.

TIA

arivecchi
05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
What does she dislike? Is it not upright enough? If so, you can insert a cardboard box piece in the seat to make it more upright.

Have you tried giving her snacks or a drink to divert her attention until you get going? DS2 does not want to get in the stroller at times and pulls the plank move, but once he is in and the stroller starts moving, he is great!

jacksmoma
05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
8 months is a bad age in that stroller- not enough back strength to sit straight up, wait a few more months and you're baby will love it! get the belly bar to help pull up

Kymberley
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Could it be the age? My DS HATEs sitting in a stroller, so much so I haven't even tried it for the past month. He's 9 months old now. We're going to IKEA tomorrow, and I'm thinking he'll be in the Ergo all day. I'm still taking a stroller just in case though.

jacksmoma
05-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Yes, both my babies did NOT like stroller until closer to one...even then they won't just sit there for very long....can't blame them, it's boring! Snacks help when you need them in there for few tho.

Suzanne74
05-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I bet it has to do with the reclined seat and it's hammock type style. There is no firmness to it at all, even with carboard it doesn't help the lower back and butt area. My daughter is 8 months and the only stroller that we have that she truly likes right now is the Bumbleride Flyer. It is a 90 degree upright firm but cushiony seat and she looks around happy as can be. I have the BJCE and it is great for long walks when I want her to chill or take a nap but as soon as we are at a stand still, she is annoyed because the seat doesn't sit upright and she tries to sit up and it takes too much strength and she gets annoyed. Really hoping she gets over this soon.

lorinick
05-06-2010, 11:10 PM
No advice reallly. It may just be her age. I started using the Mini at an older age. My guy is as happy as can be. But I think it is the recline that your child isn't happy with. Do you have another stroller to use for a few months? I think in a few months she sill will have no problems with the mini.

salsah
05-06-2010, 11:27 PM
it could be the age. at that age, dd2 was much more willing to ride facing me than facing out.
if the problem is comfort, you can try to put a board (strong cardboard like a hard back binder) into the seat back (there is an opening at the top where you can slide it in). you can order the board from bj or just make your own.

BeachBum
05-07-2010, 07:29 AM
I don't think it's *that* stroller, I think it's ALL strollers at this age. We have the BJCMD and another tip I got from this board was to shorten the crotch strap, that helps baby not to slip down in the seat. I also disconnected the top part of the harness and clipped it to the D rings.
I was really having second thoughts with the stroller around that same age, but now at 15 months my boys are really happy in the stroller.

doberbrat
05-07-2010, 09:21 AM
dd1 was 2 before she was ok with being in a ff stroller. if she doenst like it, I'd return it. unless you want to end up with 7 strollers you're waiting for her to like....

strollerqueen
05-08-2010, 03:32 AM
at that age, dd2 was much more willing to ride facing me than facing out.

:yeahthat: