PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses for 17 month old DD

army_mom
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Can anyone recommend their sunglasses? Would your DC even keep them on their face? We spend a lot of time outside and would like to get DD a pair so she isn't squinting or tearing up outside.
I have seen some by coolibar or baby banz on amazon but haven't seen many in our local stores.
TIA!

larig
05-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Old navy had some during friends and family. DS is fair at keeping them on, but not great.

ElspethCordelia
05-08-2010, 11:00 PM
We use BabyBanz and sometimes she leaves them on. I bought them from BabySteals. They seem to have them quite often.

The key to sunglasses is putting them on when they're in the sun -- then the see the need for them.

SunCB
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Wal-Mart has some (my boys as I have 2 pairs/kid). I got DD's at HA outlet over the Labor Day sale so they were even cheaper than Wal-Mart.

My boys learned very quickly if they wanted to be outside that they needed to keep them on their faces. Every time they took them off I sent them back in the house. They quickly put them back on w/help if needed as they wanted to be outside w/Mama. DD is not even 1 yet and I am working on her. She still takes them off as she recently learned that she could do that.

pharmjenn
05-09-2010, 05:01 AM
My DS loves the "goggle" type ones we got at BRU when he was an infant. They are very stretched out now.
I bought a whole box of glasses from graveyard mall.com a couple months ago. 10 glasses for $15 with shipping. This way I always have a pair around and don't worry so much about breaking them. They seem to come around on there every couple months.

Andi98989
05-10-2010, 09:25 AM
We use BabyBanz and sometimes she leaves them on. I bought them from BabySteals. They seem to have them quite often.

The key to sunglasses is putting them on when they're in the sun -- then the see the need for them.

We got BabyBanz from MamaBargains a few weeks ago - love them and DS does great with them so far.

SkyrMommy
05-10-2010, 09:51 AM
DD wears Julbo glasses... they're symmetrical up or down so she can 'help' put them on herself. She's worn them anytime we head out in the sun for extended activities & thinks she's a cool baby with them on.

www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___81829

Andi98989
05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
There are some up on MamaBargains right now for $6